New Tufoil User.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Hi guys,

After months of waiting finally i'm able to try out Tufoil.Just pour in my 1st bottle yest mornin.

Im using Mitsu GSR turbo engine which is stock standard...

1)Mobil 20/50 mineral oil. (running in new service turbo) + 1 Bottle Tufoil.
2)MMC Ori oil filters.
3)Clean air filters.
4)4 Brand New Denso Iridium IK22#4/5310#4 heat range 7.

Plus im running on V-Power petrol + 1 Bottle 500ml Afterburn.

I realised my car running much much more smoother & feels lighter on open throttle.Which is surprising coz im using mineral oil now.Car temperature also drops & engine bay is running cooler as well.Surprised! Or mayb its because im running on Redline water wetter as well in my radiator.Not sure!

Engine somewhat sounds more quiet. Not bad investment for RM59+.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Just got my 2nd bottle of Tufoil in MV over the weekends.Cant wait to use my
2nd dose.

Focalpoint,issit advisable or any harm to add in Tufoil in power steereng reservoir?
Mine have abit of sound & heavy steereng sumtimes.Car alignment,balancing,tyre pressure is all checked & okay.Last & last resort maybe?

You mention 1 Merc & 1 BMW user try it?

Lastly,izzit advisable to pour in & flush the engine already running with mineral oil + 1 bottle of Tufoil now?As i run in my turbine previously with Mobil Mineral & Tufoil.Now would like to chg to semi or fully synths.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Acid2344, thanks for the support with 2nd dosage of Tufoil.

The 2 cars, a Volvo S70 with stiff power steering and a Merc 280 with hum were treated with up to a 1/4 bottle as a last resort. It seems to help a little.

There is no need to constantly flush engine if you change your oils at 5,000km. Modern engine oils are called detergent oils. They clean and also they lubricate.

However, at extended oil change intervals and hot running conditions, stop and go kind of driving, traffic jams, sludge is something that you have to deal with. If this sludge has been there for a long time it will be difficult to remove even with flush. And when you increase the strength of this flush just to remove sludge, secondary problems such as gasket and oil seal leaks may happen.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Focalpoint,

Thanks for quick reply.The reason i'm consider engine flushing is because
i'm going to change from mineral to semi or fully synthc.I thought it is advisable
to flush your engine if you are changing to different viscocity oils suchs as mineral - synthetic?Please correct me if i'm wrong.

My mobil 20w 50 is 1500km old now in my engine together with the bottle of Tufoil.
It is for my turbine running in period.

For the power steereng thing,i just open up the power steereng reservoir & pour it in?Still thinking whether or not to try. :huh:

Thanks.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Acid, no need to flush each time you switch from mineral to synthetic and vice versa.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Focalpoint,

Okay,point taken.Regardin the power steereng reservoir tank?Just open up & pour
Tufoil in?

Thanks.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Just add in my 2nd bottle of Tufoil in the weekends. . .

Using with Mobil Semi (budget tight) :lol:
Was using Mobil 20w 50 for 1st 1000km previously . . .

Great same feeling & lighter engine feel..Runs cooler and smoother :D

Focalpoint,

Just open & pour in mix together with power steereng oil?

Thanks.

protnosss

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
Me too first time pour in Tufoil. But my case, a bit disappointed. Probably i expected too high after hearing so much.

Yes, the engine run quiter, much much quiet.

But engine less revvy(i am using auto, less downshift already when i floor the pedal) = smoother engine, but some might felt less pickup.

Now, i am testing the fuel consumption. Will update soon.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Yes, Acid, if you wanna try it , it is into the power steering reservoir.

Protnosss, when you can sense that your engine is quieter, it also means that internal metal parts are not colliding with one another like before. It is like soap rubbing against soap or ice against ice.

In other words even if you do not experience super acceleration, know that your engine is protected from friction. Tufoil is the best available product to fight deadly friction as certified by NIST, the US government's own test lab.

No two engines are alike. In some engines, after using Tufoil the results can be really dramatic and out of this world. This happens also on new engines. In others, the engines could be just quieter and smoother.

PROTECTION or POWER? In all cases, you get a minimum of one. It is also common to have both.

protnosss

Known Member
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Dec 13 2004, 22:47
Yes, Acid, if you wanna try it , it is into the power steering reservoir.

Protnosss, when you can sense that your engine is quieter, it also means that internal metal parts are not colliding with one another like before. It is like soap rubbing against soap or ice against ice.

In other words even if you do not experience super acceleration, know that your engine is protected from friction. Tufoil is the best available product to fight deadly friction as certified by NIST, the US government's own test lab.

No two engines are alike. In some engines, after using Tufoil the results can be really dramatic and out of this world. This happens also on new engines. In others, the engines could be just quieter and smoother.

PROTECTION or POWER? In all cases, you get a minimum of one. It is also common to have both.
Yup, i understand the less friction, the engine has a better protection. But my main aim in trying out tufoil is for performance issue, not so much on engine protection as it will be sold off well before a normal engine would need overhaul.

I am think of since it reduces power lost due to friction, there should be more power to wheels. Probably i just can't feel it.

So, i am currently looking into fuel saving using tufoil.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Focalpoint,

Is Tufoil price standard & same everywhr within M'sia ?
Or is all the prices in K.L.for tufoil is same ?

Just curious.

Thanks

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
The standard retail price for Tufoil in P. Malaysia is Rm 59.90 and E. Malaysia at RM 61.90.

Some dealers may give 1 -2 ringgiot discount on account of customer loyalty. There are dealers who also have undercharged customers because they do not remember exactly their cost price.

For long term and heavy users, those who plan to buy say 12 or 18 bottles in one go, it is best to strike a deal with the shopkeeper. It may be worth your while.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Focalpoint,

Thanks for your generous explanation.I have plan to buy in bulk also.Will talk to
the individual dealer then.At least now i know i'm not over charged elsewhr.

:)

Joseph

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
Just do my car servicing today using Castrol engine oil plus and pour whole bottle of tufoil in.. the result.. wow! tremendous! feel my car light n rpm respond was good.. going into high revving oso smooth.. all i can say is I'm SATISFIED! ehhehehe! :D

Regards,
Mike

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

has anyone heard of this or used this b4?

coz my dad bought it some time ago... and since the vicuosity ngam for my car... 20/50.. deciding whether or not to use it..

just afraid that it will condemn my engine haha
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience