New Porsche variant beckons in LA

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Porsche have let loose on plans to reveal a mid-engines sports car at next week’s Los Angeles Auto Show that will headline the showcase alongside its latest 911 variants, the GTS and Speedster.

The bets are in though and it looks like a firm hand on the new variant being the much-rumoured Cayman Clubsport, something along the lines of a Boxster Spyder with a hardtop.

News from the gravepine suggests that motivation will come from the 3.4-liter flat-six pushing out around 333ho to the rear wheels. The recipe for success in the Cayman Clubsport will be identical to its Boxster brethren, that’s lightness.

Sources reckon anything from 73kg to 83kg will be shed from the base Cayman S body. Expect the usual suspects of fabric door pulls, aluminium body parts such as the doors and lightweight 19-inch alloy wheels to keep the poundage in check and ensure the car’s a nimble corner carver.

Other changes will likely include optional lexan windows, a rear diffuser and a ducktail style spoiler for improved aero. Even the steering assist might be revalved for better feedback.

Of course, more details will be available once the official cloak has been dropped in LA next week.

Source: Planet-9

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fellow ZTHians,
I need your help. I am collecting old scraped or unwanted engine blocks to make tables, partnering Izso.
But I only want unique engines such as flat 4s, straight 6s, any Vs, rotaries, some straight 4s...(Picky).
I have since collected only 1 block, VQ35DE. Donated by a fellow friend, blew all 6 pistons. :driver:
Was suppose to have another 4 cylinder, regretted not picking it up. If you have any and you are in Selangor, please state here, I will gladly pick it up. If I do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience