New charges for puspakom inspection up 150% more...damn!!

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
About 100 used-car dealers held a demonstration in Kuala Lumpur today, to protest an amendment to the Hire Purchase Act 1967.

From June 15, all used cars will have to be put through an additional 14-point inspection before being transferred to the new buyer.

The dealers claimed that this that new rule by Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Ministry, will only benefit Puspakom, the private concessionaire that has a monopoly of computerised vehicle inspection services.

YouTube - ‪Used-car dealers against extra checks‬‏

Last edited by a moderator:

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
protecting consumer but they charge more for ridiculous item that u can inspect yrself..soon puspakom will charge additional cost when G setup new company for vehicle data called MDRC(motor data research center)..:thefinger:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Why the GOM amended the Hire Purchase Act 1967 to implement inspection services for the Hire Purchase Inspection and to be carried out by PUSPAKOM?

PUSPAKOM is wholly-owned by DRB-HICOM which in turn is controlled by businessman Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary who has about 55.92% of DRB via his vehicle Etika Strategi Sdn Bhd. He already owned most of the strategic assets of the country. Conspiracy theory? I don't know. So who are the major beneficiaries here?

Maybe this ruling will helps many innocent car buyers, who know? But I don't think I will benefit much from these additional inspections except maybe some questionable 'peace of mind'. Buyer beware. Ultimately the end users will bear most of the costs, as evident in all things in life.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
why does our G keep doing all these ridiculous acts and changes that are so obvious its only just to make them fatter b@$t@#RDS than they already are... they will rot in hell

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
the current inspection procedure is already good enough to filter the unworthy car like kereta potong and really problematic car (braking problem, chassis mod etc)....hmm why additional inspection???

bLACKjAC

Known Member
Aug 11, 2007
Why the GOM amended the Hire Purchase Act 1967 to implement inspection services for the Hire Purchase Inspection and to be carried out by PUSPAKOM?

PUSPAKOM is wholly-owned by DRB-HICOM which in turn is controlled by businessman Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary who has about 55.92% of DRB via his vehicle Etika Strategi Sdn Bhd. He already owned most of the strategic assets of the country. Conspiracy theory? I don't know. So who are the major beneficiaries here?

Maybe this ruling will helps many innocent car buyers, who know? But I don't think I will benefit much from these additional inspections except maybe some questionable 'peace of mind'. Buyer beware. Ultimately the end users will bear most of the costs, as evident in all things in life.
Multi-millionair is not gd enough, but multi-billionair is great!! :smokin:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
we are in a state of... "have to do because we need to pass"..same thing happen previously when we want to renew roadtax, have to clear the summon.

They're implementing a type of psychology on the citizen..

New rules- citizen object - give time - citizen will follow - all quiet and get used to..

Seriously i hate this...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
we are in a state of... "have to do because we need to pass"..same thing happen previously when we want to renew roadtax, have to clear the summon.

They're implementing a type of psychology on the citizen..

New rules- citizen object - give time - citizen will follow - all quiet and get used to..

Seriously i hate this...
its not exactly a mind game as more of a clear enforcement i feel
like they are not even being discreet :mad:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
If so 'Rakyat Didahulukan'.. Do this :

Do additional inspection & DON'T CHARGE LA..

If charge, it's a different story already..

Haiya..

matshah

500 RPM
Jul 11, 2008
If so 'Rakyat Didahulukan'.. Do this :

Do additional inspection & DON'T CHARGE LA..

If charge, it's a different story already..

Haiya..
rakyat didahulukan kroni diutamakan..they charging consumer more than should be hiding under "protecting Customer"...:thefinger:
they Can charge but dun OVER charge Laa:thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do anyone here knows where i can get piezoelectric material? Not piezoelectric component. i need to wrap around the fuel injector pipe so that i can get the signal of the injector?

or something similar
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience