New Cefiro Owner

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
Hi, just picked up my cefiro A32 3.0 this evening. I have been monitoring this forum for the useful information.

Gotta wait 2 weeks to see if there are any problems that will be taken care of by the dealer under warranty before I can do anything to the car.

1st off, can anybody give me the address of the mechanic in USJ? I want to change all the lubricants, filters & plugs, etc.
Then I would like to drop in a K&N filter and SAFC, my purpose is not so much for the power, i just like the car to be running at optimum set-up which helps the FC. question, is it enough with just the SAFC? or do I need a fuel pressure regulator as well? and how do i set up the SAFC?

I would like to try the standard ride for a few months before deciding to do anything to the absorbers. I'm done with the bone jarring ride of my previous cars.(unless my backside get itchy)

An honour to join all proud Cefiro owners. Looking forward to learn more about how to enjoy my car.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
stephen said:
Hi, just picked up my cefiro A32 3.0 this evening. I have been monitoring this forum for the useful information.

Gotta wait 2 weeks to see if there are any problems that will be taken care of by the dealer under warranty before I can do anything to the car.

1st off, can anybody give me the address of the mechanic in USJ? I want to change all the lubricants, filters & plugs, etc.
Then I would like to drop in a K&N filter and SAFC, my purpose is not so much for the power, i just like the car to be running at optimum set-up which helps the FC. question, is it enough with just the SAFC? or do I need a fuel pressure regulator as well? and how do i set up the SAFC?

I would like to try the standard ride for a few months before deciding to do anything to the absorbers. I'm done with the bone jarring ride of my previous cars.(unless my backside get itchy)

An honour to join all proud Cefiro owners. Looking forward to learn more about how to enjoy my car.
Aaaaaah....! Fresh Meat....!....J/K... :rofl:

But seriously...Welcome Stephen... :smile:

I can't remember the address of the mechanic but he's in the USJ 9 business centre, just beside the mosque. His name is Lee and his phone number is 016-2436853. Call him and he should be able to guide you in. I should be going tomorrow also...got this nice rear pillar strut bar to install, and a set of steel braided brake hoses... :smile:

If you want your car running well, the K & N is a must. But the fuel pressure regulator and the SAFC would be overkills. There can be some gains in FC with these devices, but they would be marginal compared to the cost. These devices are usually used to increase power, and hence, INCREASE FC. Since the ECU is a learning ECU, the best bet would be to ensure that it is getting the right signals so that it can meter the fuel properly. That means...make sure your motor is mechanically sound, and check all your sensors.

You can usually find most of the mechanical problems by a simple check, and test drive. Lee could do this for you and advise you as to what needs to be looked at.

The primary sensors you have to pay attention to are the water temp sensor (there are 2...find the one that feeds the ECU), the knock sensor and the O2 sensors. If you suspect that any of these sensors are malfunctioning, then change them. They are expensive, so you have to be sure before you change them.

Finally, a Y-Pipe would do wonders for your FC and Power by reducing the amount of back-pressure in the exhaust system.

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
Thanks for the tip, guess I save around 2-3k by not installing SAFC & FPR.
where do I change the y-pipe? does Lee have diagnostic equipment to test the sensors?

After I change the filters & pipes, do i have to disconnect the battery for the ECU to reset itself to the new parameters? In my old ride i have my car rechipped after the mods. Any such chips for cefiros, it really benefits. I felt at least 10-15% more power immediately, and guess what? FC improved as well.

I'm getting impatient waiting 2 weeks before I can do anything to my car.
Count me in whenever you guys have a gathering, would like to learn more on what can be done.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
We are working on a Y-Pipe for our feilos. Ong found someone willing to make them for RM 400 but the guy is too busy. I've asked Lee to sound out his contacts and maybe negotiate a group buy.

Sensors...the diagnostics tools don't show that they are malfunctioning until they actually break down. Determining sensor health, you can do in 2 ways. For some sensors, a simple multi-meter will do. In another post on this forum, I detailed how to test a failing O2 sensor.

For others, symtomatic diagnostics will suffice. That means, determining how the car is running and where the problems are. In the end, your best bet is an experienced mechanic.

I am sure that a chip exists for the feilo...especially in the US where they are known as Maximas. But if you decide to go that direction, then it would be much better just to get yourself an E-Manage and have it tuned here. After all, there is nothing the chip does, that the E-Manage does not do, and the best part is that it is programmable and reprogrammable. Would probably also cost about the same price.

And yes...any changes you make to the motor, you should reset your ECU. Your car will run like sh*t after that for about a week as the ECU relearns the new parameters.

vk9

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Sabah
Welcome on board..... :regular_smile:

national3399

Jul 29, 2006
Hello Stephen,

Welcome welcome.

Can I kay poh how much you paid for your 2nd hand A32 Brougham? Which year built is this? Just wanna know what's latest general market value....

stephen

Known Member
Dec 19, 2004
The car cost me RM50,000. year 1999. With full service record from TC till the date the car was sold.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
stephen said:
The car cost me RM50,000. year 1999. With full service record from TC till the date the car was sold.
a bit premium but worth it with the service history...usually used car dealers threw away the record n readjust the odo..

GaryA32

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
stephen.. heard u have done up the y-pipe.. so how is it?? think of getting 1

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Hmmmm...Y-pipes...when we start playing with VQ35...then we can start talking about X-pipes...hee hee... :smile:

How's that for confusing the issue?... :laugh:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
I'm trying to imagine what a z-pipe would look like... lol ... :laugh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tire pressure is never something to be underestimated. It is perhaps one of the most important aspects when it comes to vehicle handling and safety. Too little pressure and tire ware increases and handling is affected, too much pressure and it will affect a number of other things like your absorbers, suspension, etc, and handling as well.

Your tires represent the four contact patches...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience