need help-speedometer is crazy

ameng

Known Member
Helo Bro & Sifu2,

I'm not sure whether issit correct to post the topic here or other section but I really need your help....my speedometer is acting crazily. once i start my car, the needle
rotating like crazy...20 then 40 then 120 then go down back and again up and down and up..and so on. I didn't rev the engine. and when moving..its also occur....even i drive at 40kmh the needle jump to 100kmh plus and down and up again. my car is civic EJ7 oto.issit about the meter cable? Please help me brother......
TQ very much

i got the same prob last 2 day.... u check the socket of the speed sensor.. maybe the wayer come out d ... :P

thanx 4 d reply,anyway where's the socket of the speed sensor located?
inside engine bay or just under the dash?

if speed sensor kong, need to go to honda service centre or any workshop
can do it?
thanx a lot....friends...

mine used toyota..so connect at gearbox..honda donno la..me now using meter without functioning..don care wan..

Hi ameng,

I m facing the same problem like you..i m using B16a..
*first my speed sensor kong..check light on. So i change the speed censor around RM80+..and my mechanic fix it..later in the day..it happen like ur problem..i went again to the mechanic..he said the socket is not properly tight..Now its 100% ok.

Moral of the story is..just go to your mechanic and check the speed sensor. If its kong..CHECK LIGHT ON and the meter wont move..

i'm oso face the same problem before. even after i changed the speed sensor, the problem still there. finally the problem solved just by adding another 2 grounding wires.. it done at HSC.
the new speed sensor will cost u RM200-260

hattech-v said:
i'm oso face the same problem before. even after i changed the speed sensor, the problem still there. finally the problem solved just by adding another 2 grounding wires.. it done at HSC.
the new speed sensor will cost u RM200-260

Your VTEC damn pawer maa that's why it went kaput..heheh..caya laa mie

crower75 said:
Your VTEC damn pawer maa that's why it went kaput..heheh..caya laa mie
not as power as urs la crower...hehehehhe...4k rpm....hahhahahahaha

speed sonsor located on top of the gearbox.... check light will on when it not working... stop ur car then ketat2 kan sket the socket... then should be ok... if not then change the socket coz may be it loose.... i also met the problem before.. my speed meter go down to 0km/h or freeze at what number the neddle like... hehehe...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom