Need help on car windscreen [urgent]

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks! Your detailed info is much appreciated!

But if im not mistaken, using RAIN-X or other chemicals of such nature makes the windscreen more easier to crack, ie more "crispy"
I maybe wrong....
May others comment?

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
But if im not mistaken, using RAIN-X or other chemicals of such nature makes the windscreen more easier to crack, ie more "crispy"
I maybe wrong....
May others comment?
Never heard of it before and I think it is a myth. I used it for quite sometime and so does several people that I know of and never heard of such a thing. Rain-X is mostly polymer and alcohol. Laminated windscreens are easier to chip/crack than tempered ones though.

mcliong1

Known Member
Jun 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if u wanna DIY just get a tomcat watermarks cleaner. It works well for me. Thats the cheap version but works well. If u want better 1 is cleaner + coating. Google "rainaway".

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
Guys, this is the windscreen culprit... Sorry for the delay guys... :)

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Drop me a PM and maybe we can do a DIY TT to remove the watermarks - for free-la of course
Bro. eohl, so got TT ah?:driver:

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Thanks! Your detailed info is much appreciated!

I maybe wrong....
May others comment?
Nope, been using Rain X for years. As you know glass can even hold acid, so actually they are very strong against chemicals....

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Guys, this is the windscreen culprit... Sorry for the delay guys... :)
Oh! he kena the FormaHero one. The same will happen with Tomcat one if you are not careful.....
Especially must be careful with front screen as this liquid will dry into white haze into the line of the wiper.
The method is to apply and scrub and rinse before it dries.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I guess he figured it out? Nowdays almost no TT already. Meet up with 1 or 2 person got-la. Mostly drop by some buddy's detailing centre and chit chat only.
Bro. hitachi got anything on? Ask him to organize....heh! heh!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

people, does anyone know a decent workshop that can lock 4wd gearbox, btw what do they actualy do when they 'lock' the gearbox to 2wd??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience