Need Help locating aftermarkt parts for Kfze motor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Kfze Mx3

Whats up, I currently own a 93 mazda Mx3 (i live in the US) and i swapped in a Kfze motor out of a Mazda Lantis. i had the heads rebuilt and had a 3 angle valve job and put in larger SS valves from Manleyperformance, and i also had stiffer valve springs made. Well about 6 months ago we had a hurricane here and a large puddle of water (more like a lake) was in the middle of the road but the lights were out and i couldnt see it, in i went and i killed the bearings and piston rings. Since im one of the few in the US that has done this swap and the fact ive speen about 6k into this motor, its sorta hard to let it go. Im currently seeking any information on where i can locate either stock parts or aftermarket parts for this motor (i ran up a nice phone bill trying to get a set of head gaskets when i rebuilt the heads).

I know that the bearings are the same as the K8 motor, its finding a set of piston rings thats the problem, also im looking for Custom pistons (figure i'd check to see if anyone knew of a company that already makes them).

If anyone can help me out with any information, i would greatly appreciate it.

Pics of my motor:

1st day i got it
kfz34.jpg

kfze2.JPG

IMG00029.JPG

Heads Rebuilt
IMG00018.JPG

IMG00019.JPG

IMG00025.JPG

Motor togeather
IMG00024.JPG

IMG00040.JPG

I dynoed it twice on the 1st pull the ecu was in limp mode and it pulled 153whp with 148 lbs torque the 2nd time i got 167whp with 163 lbs torque, so not bad numbers i still need to do some exhaust work and modify the throttle body so that i can use the kfze IM with out hitting my master solenoid. with having to use the k8 throttle body and IM and using the k8 Exhaust setup im sure im causing restriction, once i free some of that up i should be pushing better numbers.

Top Bottom