Need help in choosing V8 Sti or WRX

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Guys, i was planning to get either Evo 8/9 or Subaru 8/9 back to Msia.
and also thinking of getting Subaru V8 WRX or STi because the price here in UK make a lot of different between this 2. In UK, the WRX is a lot cheaper than STi.

Just want to ask owners of Subaru WRX/STi here some noob questions hope you guys can help =)

1) The power of this 2 engine WRX and STi is the same?

2) Which fuel consumption is more saving on WRX and STi engine? and normally how many km it runs for full tank for both of this engine?

3) Which one is more reliable for Subaru V8 WRX and STi? Which is cheaper and which is easier to find parts in the market?

Lastly, this is the last question which compare the Mitsu and Subaru.

Lets say i'm considering between Subaru V8 WRX/Sti and Evo 7/8, which is easier to find parts in M'sia? and which one is cheaper? ( I heard Mitsubishi Evo alot of halfcut in M'sia so its easier to find and cheaper )

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Wrx is a normal spec while STI is special build with STI part as stock, twinscoll turbo, STI chasis tuning part, STI exhaust, STI blue alcantara interior, STI tune ECU n more, that y its more expensive.

1)Sti is way more powerful. (Diff between UK spec n JDM spec)

2)Depend on ur driving style. same engine. (Diff between UK spec n JDM spec)

3)All subaru are reliable if maintain it well. (All same)

As for part i found that is equal between subaru n evo, part is cheaper then evo, evo halfcut is plenty but expensive. as proton also hot on mitsubishi part.

PS. if car there is cheap i recon u get a S203, u will not regret it.

Last edited:

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Are you sure that Subaru parts are more expensive than Evo parts?

My friend in Msia now he say he have some friends driving Subaru but when it comes to parts its much more expensive than Evo and harder to find too. He is comparing Subaru Sti V8 and Evo V8.

Hmm, i love Subaru but too bad my friends keep on call me to take Evo as maintanence is easier.
and they also call me to find S204 but too bad i cant find any not even S203. Quite rare i guess.

How much is Subaru Sti V8 2003 now in Msia? At here it cost rm30k before tax. So i guess it would be worth it bringing back to Msia. Comparing to Evo.8 the Evo is much more expensive and i dont really like Evo actually.

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
go with what your heart calls for and never regret that decision... be it expensive in maintainance later day, but it put a BIG mother FXXking smile on your face every time you see her.... instead of bring something "other's people recommendation"... you will have to convince yourself, "yeah, it cheaper to maintain; so it ok if it looks ugly"..... :)

skubv8

Known Member
Sep 17, 2006
If really the cost of a UK spec 2003 v8 STi is RM30K before tax, then you should bring that one back to M'sia. The current price of a good used one in M'sia today is about RM120K.
Also UK spec is 265bhp single scroll turbo with unequal length header, so you still get that classic Subaru burble, which is a big point to consider. Change a few bolt on parts plus a good tune, and you won't feel much power difference compared to the JDM STi's. If you plan to go big with the HP, aftermarket single scroll turbos are much more available here compared to twin scroll turbos. Other parts are not that difficult and expensive anymore. We have quite a big crowd of Subaru in M'sia nowadays.

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Hmm i can find a few units which is 30k before tax. But after all the calculations i will expect around 80-90k.

Any difference between year manufacturer? Because the 2003 is a lot cheaper here.
And izit ok with WRX edition? thinking of getting a newer version V9 or V10 but WRX around the same price. The V9 and V10 Sti is much more expensive here.

So its either

V8 2003 Sti "or" V9/V10 WRX.

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
bro... i think the question is back to yourself... If you intend for "major" modification.... WRX is fine, as you will be "throwing" away most parts.

If you are not.... then go with STI, from Factory, STI is a better performance and handling car...

syedTD05

Sep 1, 2011
Wellingborough
Hmm i can find a few units which is 30k before tax. But after all the calculations i will expect around 80-90k.

Any difference between year manufacturer? Because the 2003 is a lot cheaper here.
And izit ok with WRX edition? thinking of getting a newer version V9 or V10 but WRX around the same price. The V9 and V10 Sti is much more expensive here.

So its either

V8 2003 Sti "or" V9/V10 WRX.
Version 8 STI is better,redtop engine has stonger cams,crank,piston and camshafts,uk spec comes with a TD05 turbo while the JDM comes with a IHI VF SERIES turbo might be VF34 Roller bearing turbo. Uk spec redlines at 7500 RPM when the JDM cuts out at 8000 RPM. V9 has a 2.5 engine and it comes with a electonic throttle body(so no driver feel) I live in the uk aswell. hope this info helps unless its already too late.

awitgg

Known Member
Dec 19, 2005
Vox, im selling off my beloved subaru impreza wrx sti v8 03/08... Refer to the market place section for details. Tq.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need help sifu sifu, is been quite some time that there is rattle sound at the rear of my car, the rattle sound is on and off, but this few weeks, it didnt go off at all, which pretty irritates me when driving.

Any solutions that can help bro???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience