need advice on my ICE setup...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
Currently i've a component set speakers at the front of my car and a 12" woofer at the back. Both of them are connected to a 4-ch amp with 2channels being bridged together to power up the woofer. But now i would like to add another set of speakers at the back, preferably component ones, so can i just connect it to the same channels that i used to power up the front ones?? I mean, can the 2 sets of speakers share the same channels? Because i don't think i wana add another amp into my car.

Or would it be better if it's directed to the HU instead??

thanks for advising :regular_smile:

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
no you cant do that. Actualy you can if you want to see fireworks on your amp. Just connect it to th HU should be fine.

nicholaslkh

Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
It would be better that the back speakers to be powered by the HU instead by the amp. Your front speakers should be the main speakers whereas the back speakers are just merely for rear fill or to entertain the back passengers. However, some who are very discern with sound quality will avoid installing back speakers as they tend to affect staging and imaging.

soong2020

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
Ohh icic. In that case then maybe i'll just install it direct to the HU for the back ones. Haha fireworks on the amp, that's a good one :P

So all HU have 2 outputs is it? One that's connected to the amp and the other one can straight connect to speakers?

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
My advice is: forget about adding the rear speakers.
Concentrate on your tuning to optimise the system.

malcolm922

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006
Hum....agree with pisces23, leave nothing at the back just concentrate on ur front speaker, without adding amp for ur rear speaker u won't hear much diff lor...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to ask . . . would it be possible to modify the Vios backseat backrest so that it can be pulled down ..something like the City's backrests . . . I'm driving a 1.5E . . . any help given is much appreciated . .thanx :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience