• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by E V O L U T I O N@Feb 8 2005, 13:53
what is the usual driving duration required for an engine to reach its optimum temperature if starting up in the morning? (in terms of minutes)
my new car take 3 mins...
5 mins for auto oil to heat up

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by E V O L U T I O N@Feb 8 2005, 13:53
what is the usual driving duration required for an engine to reach its optimum temperature if starting up in the morning? (in terms of minutes)
hey!!it takes time la if want to reach the opt. temp (the mid point of ur temp meter),even 15minit morning drive to my office bout 10km at speed 60km/j also wont reach the optimum temp,like my temp it will go up but to reach opt. temp takes time,once it reach it then can i unleash the turbo,the time depends on viscosity of engine oil,cooling system,,type of engine n configuration,etc...no car has the same time to reach opt. temp...

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
hmmm,i think some of u dun understand meaning of optimum temperature.,those minutes that u all stated might be the time for the temp. needle to start moving up,but still it doesnt reach opt temp.,opt. temp will onli be reach once the needle stop in the middle (most temp car meter has been configured to show the opt. temp at the middle)...if it goes further up then it's a sign of overheating...so check ur time again...dun confuse bout the time the oil start to heat up n oil has reach the optimum working temperature,this 2 are different...

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by man10681+Feb 8 2005, 14:11 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (man10681 @ Feb 8 2005, 14:11 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-E V O L U T I O N@Feb 8 2005, 13:53
hey!!it takes time la if want to reach the opt. temp (the mid point of ur temp meter),even 15minit morning drive to my office bout 10km at speed 60km/j also wont reach the optimum temp,like my temp it will go up but to reach opt. temp takes time,once it reach it then can i unleash the turbo,the time depends on viscosity of engine oil,cooling system,,type of engine n configuration,etc...no car has the same time to reach opt. temp... [/b][/quote]
true

my old car..altho running on 2 new fans...toyota longlife coolant...during hot noon,my car will have 40% of loss power...

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Originally posted by TypicalGuy+Feb 8 2005, 14:43 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TypicalGuy @ Feb 8 2005, 14:43 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by man10681@Feb 8 2005, 14:11
<!--QuoteBegin-E V O L U T I O N
@Feb 8 2005, 13:53

hey!!it takes time la if want to reach the opt. temp (the mid point of ur temp meter),even 15minit morning drive to my office bout 10km at speed 60km/j also wont reach the optimum temp,like my temp it will go up but to reach opt. temp takes time,once it reach it then can i unleash the turbo,the time depends on viscosity of engine oil,cooling system,,type of engine n configuration,etc...no car has the same time to reach opt. temp...
true

my old car..altho running on 2 new fans...toyota longlife coolant...during hot noon,my car will have 40% of loss power... [/b][/quote]
I don't know about you guys but my car after 10 minutes it'll already stopped rising liao (around the center of the scale). So I would consider that as optimum temperature? I've been watching that for nearly 2 years liao, same old thing, so that's y i am convinced that it only requires very little time to reach your so called 'optimum temperature'.
Typical guy : 40% power loss??!! THat's like you're driving a 100 hp car(Wira 1.6), suddenly drove at 40hp ?! worse than a kancil wor.... i think 5% power loss already significant liao.
Heheheheh

man10681

Known Member
Oct 25, 2004
Visit site
heheheh,very confident of him 2 say 40% losses....not throw in longkangla,still can use what,60hp still can drive around town what...if turbo during noon yes loss a bit power coz it need the cool air to go into the intercooler,if u see when turbo dyno at shop sure direct fan to the intercooler,some shop do this to obtain the highest power output,but not surela other shops,if na not that significant la the hp losses during noon...

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
u want supercool temp? put triple layer frc aluminium radiator from
sunway, add 2 super power bosch fans, bubble removal tank, toyota
or redline water wetter coolant, change brand new water pump, fully
flush engine block to clear water passages, racing thermostat, samco
radiator hoses ... erm that should do it :lol:

E V O L U T I O N

Known Member
Aug 6, 2004
Originally posted by man10681+Feb 8 2005, 14:11 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (man10681 @ Feb 8 2005, 14:11 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-E V O L U T I O N@Feb 8 2005, 13:53
hey!!it takes time la if want to reach the opt. temp (the mid point of ur temp meter),even 15minit morning drive to my office bout 10km at speed 60km/j also wont reach the optimum temp,like my temp it will go up but to reach opt. temp takes time,once it reach it then can i unleash the turbo,the time depends on viscosity of engine oil,cooling system,,type of engine n configuration,etc...no car has the same time to reach opt. temp... [/b][/quote]
Thanks. mine takes 10 to 12 mins.... i tot its not normal as i think my n/a was a lil faster to reach.

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
how much is it to check engine compression?can give me some guide how they check it?

where to do it?

my car really sluggish during noon.Nightime and rainy days...got power

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
u can check compression at any workshop equipped with a compression
tester. I did it at YS Khong at taman mayang PJ. It's a simple device
that plugs into your engine spark plug hole & they just crank your
car once & the gauge attached to the device will show u your compression..
must do each & every piston on your car. U can also do a radiator
compression/pressure test... there are loads of gadgets to check everything
on your car.. but only big & reputable workshops would have them.
If u go to under tree workshop then its a bit of a problem as they
wont have the budget to purchase nice car diagnostic gadget & special
tools, some dont even have a torque wrench.

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by sexycar@Feb 10 2005, 14:47
u can check compression at any workshop equipped with a compression
tester. I did it at YS Khong at taman mayang PJ. It's a simple device
that plugs into your engine spark plug hole & they just crank your
car once & the gauge attached to the device will show u your compression..
must do each & every piston on your car. U can also do a radiator
compression/pressure test... there are loads of gadgets to check everything
on your car.. but only big & reputable workshops would have them.
If u go to under tree workshop then its a bit of a problem as they
wont have the budget to purchase nice car diagnostic gadget & special
tools, some dont even have a torque wrench.
brother me too go to yskhong..

Can i know how much to do it roughly..

if comp. too high..what they do?

if too low what they do?

can tell me more?/

post the price also k

thanks

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by sexycar@Feb 11 2005, 11:57
they did it for me for free. Either too high or too low, your engine needs to be
taken apart for overhaul!!! hahahahahahaaaaa.... scared or not? :lol:
if need overhaul..
no need...

straight got transplast keng engine.

A Post Every 5 Mins

The Baja 1000 is one of the most grueling, demanding and torturous rally’s in the world. And Bill Caswell is going to take part in it with his $500 BMW E30 bought off Craigslist and put together in his mom’s garage and partially at the SEMA show before heading to the sand dunes of Mexico.

Caswell’s no stranger to competing in beat up machines and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience