My experience on a crappy tyre shop.. please avoid going!

intrigue

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
Dear all Johore member,

Please do not go to U Liang Enteprise (near Goodhope Hotel and Sakura Hotel in Johor Bahru) tyre shop. I feel i'm being cheated of my time and money.

This happens when this evening, i manage to fit my adjustable coilover to my car. Since i'll be travelling back to batu pahat, so i decided to re-do all the alignment and balancing of my tire to prevent damage to my tire due to dekit of my stock absorber and eibach spring. We arrived there at 730pm and i ask the guy to help me do alignment, balancing on my car. Guess how long did they take to finish the job? Almost 2 HOURS exactly they take to "finish the job". ANd those guys there seems unprofessional, taking out a tires including tire cap takes more than 3 minutes per tire and no to mention, one of them doesn't know how to jack my car up (due to lowered car).

In the end, my car finally finish in almost 2 hours time.. And i don't know how they test drive my car.. Take the car out for a 5 minutes drive each time for approximately 3-4 times (THere goes 20 minutes.. Does alignment need take so many test drive, NO??) One of the guy claim, my car too low thus cannot adjust camber nut and need to jack up And one of the moron use 2 hands grab my fender and lift it up. KNN CB.. i already damn HOT and TULAN with those working attitude. He think he is THE HULK, YES?? Can lift my car up like that??

And in the end, i pay RM50 bucks for Alignment, Balancing and adjust camber nut with the boss face looks like LCLY when telling me the price ( when i first arrived at the shop, he told me.. NITE TIME ONLY 2 SHOP GOT OPEN.. YOU WANT TO DO THEN WAIT.. IF NOT U CAN GO OFF [ i already a bit tulan liao but no choice, other shop is closed and not familiar with that area] )..

AND THE FARKING GOOD NEWS IS...... after the visit to this shop

1. MY CAR ALIGNMENT NOW RUN TO THE LEFT WHEN I LEFT MY STEERING UNATTENDED
2. THE BALANCING IS ALL OFF.. STEERING VIBRATE VIOLENTLY AT 110km/h - 130km/h.. previously everything was fine even after change to coilover.
3. There's so many "plastic tab" that paste on the rim.. Guess how many the put??around 12 of it. They claim my rim and tire "run away la.. this and that" (Just changed my rim and tire < 2 mths)

SOLUTION..

1. I LAZY TO ARGUE WITH THOSE s*** which IN THE END, THEY WILL RE-DO THE JOB FOR U (me travel so far for the re-do?? Better get it done at my own area) And if they want to pay me the RM50 back.. SORRY I DON'T WANT.. I would rather spend my sleeping time type all of this here to let other members know about this black-shop. Though no matter how good is your reputation as from what i heard, i'm sorry to say this but "THIS SHOP IS JUST UNPROFESSIONAL and BETTER STILL EMPLOY BETTER WORKER"

2. STILL need to send my car for re-do aligment and balancing tomorrow morning. Sighz.. DOUBLE JOB and have to pay twice and waste time

THIS SHOP WILL BE IN MY BLACKLISTED SHOP FOREVER!!

So guys.. please take note!

:mad: :mad: :stupid:

----------------------------------------------

Updates:

Just now i went to my preference tyre shop. I relate the whole matter to them.. and they all laughed at that shop. UNPROFESSIONAL and DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DOING.

3 out of 4 of my tires is out of alignment as shown on the machine screen.

There's a total of 26 "weight" on one of my rim. And the weight is simply stick on the rim. There's weight all over the rim. Inside, Outside and middle.

Johorian, please beware of this black-shop. SCAM!!!

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Intrigue,
Hope you don't mind me saying this but it's basically friendly advise that may sound harsh.

1- Good on you for posting this. At least more people will know and in hope, there will be more people who will boycott that shop. I think it's about time consumers step up and do something about business who have a shite attitude and does business in an arrogant way.

2- If you're going to travel and want to do alignment/etc., plan your time way ahead. Maybe you could do the alignment/etc. about 1 week (7 days) before your actual travel day, so that you could personally test drive the car and still have time to correct what you need to do.

3- If they give you an arrogant attitude, maybe you could seriusly consider NOT giving business to that shop. Yeah, maybe you need to get it done but at the same time, maybe you should also really consider whether do you seriously need to do it or not. If not, then you might as well leave the shop and do it at another shop the next day.

4- Many jacks are not designed to jack up lowered car but yet, I still think there are other ways of doing it. It requires only simple common sense and a little bit more work. One way is that they could jack the side of your car first, then slide a jack in the front and jack up your car entirely. The problem is, many workshops would just rather do it the shitty way and lift your fender. I'd call this the typical malaysian way of doing business. Maybe you may consider suggesting something else to them next time so that they won't treat your car like that.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
i knw u felt... cme across almost d same situation s urs.... wana jack up my car, where he positioned d jack??? right under my bumper!!!!for goodness sake,my bumper is made out of fibre... another case, went along wit a fren 2 service his car,a bangla guy changing d oil filter,instead of turning it anti clock wise 2 loosen, turn it clock wise.... did it until d filter crumpled... idiot.. all we wnt is professionals... ppl who knw wat der r doin...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
acq2305,
In most cases also, if a mech has already become pro, he won't do so much work. Instead, he'll delegate those 'simple' work to his staff to do it. As such, we get all sorts of silly stuff being done to our cars.

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
hey bro u are the one paying them...if u dun agree to do at the first place then they wont make money...let them think that with the lcly look and lousy techniques they can make a living then let them do it...
dont mess with ur money power...but u can tell them they sucks...

civic9998

Known Member
Dec 17, 2006
This shop U Liang tyre is famous shop at JB with cheap prize rim n tyre,but lousy workmanship.Last time i buy new17"with new tyre,compare other shop prize different rm 400,very cheap but do balancing for 4 time problem also can't solve n so disapointed.Then go other shop pay rm 20 problem solve.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
wish all workshops is as good as Chip Foose n geng....hehehehehhehee... tats hw u built a car,repair,..... and wwats d other hot rod show ,owner name, boylt???? sumthing... hahahhahahaa.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
im using adjustable shock as well before this, just for a service. my front lip is break into piece caused by the jack...my gods...

i hv seen some lowered cars (including mine) face problem when wanna jack it up. seem no space to insert the jack.:hmmmm: