My B16A 'popping' or 'choking' at idle or low revs!

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
Hi guys!

Recently got this issue. My idle sort of chokes/pops every +/-20sec intervals (not consistently but it happens) and when I m accelrating from low revs (below 2k rpm) irregardless of the gear. After 2k rpm, its ok. No probs. Wonder y??

I hav tried cleaning the FICD, change spark plugs.... Running out of solutions.

Any1 experiencing this kinda prob b4 do share. I ll b visiting my mech soon but any input would help 2 illiminate the posibilities...

Thanks in advance.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
auto/manual?

checked the plug cables?

CEL code tested? (just hope that your CEL bulb was not removed)

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
shiro, long time no hear... after did various troubleshooting 2 seek out the prob.... found out the culprit was the plug cables n the best part i didnt even touch cables for quite a while. theres no spark visible eventhough did it at night. i believe its in the chamber (plug holder) coz can hear it. sounds like finger nails snapping!!

the chip i m using has disabled most of the CEL functions. not much of help there.

anyway, thanks guys 4 givin me the advice. juz needed more options to find out the prob...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda's new City Hatchback is officially here in Malaysia. Replacing the now discontinued Jazz, it promises an improved driving experience with a more rigid body and foamed pillars.

There are 4 models offered including the torque of the town RS e:HEV hybrid, which will only arrive early 2022.

City Hatchback RS e:HEV : 109ps / 253nm / twin electric motor / 4cyl DOHC I-VTEC / E-CVT /...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience