MX5 rear axle

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
after all the hard work, R&D, money,sweat, and blood on the car, we finally manage to build 1 drag machine but we totally for got the axle! the ring and pinion broke into pieces!!!............. the housing is still good and the driveshaft is usable.

my question is where can we do the custom ring and pinion? location is no problem but preferably contactable and reputable.

2nd question, is there any model car we could replace the ring and pinion but it has to be stronger unit and able to hold more torque.

Tq.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Just a thought, how about instead of upgrading the ring and pinion. How about change changing the whole diff to say something bigger. Then adapt the diff to the subframe and fabricate your own drive shaft.
Just my 2cents.....

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
good suggestion. however, wat model can we use? if we were to use diff model, not only the driveshaft we had to do custom made, but also the long shaft and this for sure will weaken the whole drive system. we r now only using semi slick. and the new slick tyre has just arrive. judging by the amount of torque made from the engine, we need more reliable setting.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Just a thought. Have u tried posting this question in specific MX5 forum rather than in a feel good talk cock sing song forum?
I'm sure a specific MX5 forum would have more enthusiasts that might be able to give a reasonable suggestion.
Well another idea u could try is to run a higher final drive or numerically lower diff.
That way with lesser teeths the ring and pinion would have a bigger contact area and the gears would be stronger.
Just my 2 cents.

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
i've tried that but not much response. just tryin my luck here..

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
reintel said:
after all the hard work, R&D, money,sweat, and blood on the car, we finally manage to build 1 drag machine but we totally for got the axle! the ring and pinion broke into pieces!!!............. the housing is still good and the driveshaft is usable.

my question is where can we do the custom ring and pinion? location is no problem but preferably contactable and reputable.

2nd question, is there any model car we could replace the ring and pinion but it has to be stronger unit and able to hold more torque.

Tq.
MX5 drag machine, congrats:regular_smile: what engine you using ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear 0to100 Fellowx,
I have subaru justy 1986 with transplant to Daihatsu EF-VE Efi engine.
Now problem is my Rpm meter is not working coz i don't know about ecu pins.
Kindly if someone have ecu pinouts.
My engine vacumm hoses are also messed up.if someone have this engine.
share with me some pics of vacumm hoses too.
Thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience