Muffler help thanks....

satria29

Oct 12, 2008
Hi si fus, is the after mkarket muffler better or stock muffler operated better? any difference? for satria neo manual 1.6. after muffler afraid kana caught sia in spore.... haha:banghead:

kkchai

Nov 30, 2007
Your car is SG registered?

If yes, get those legal as you don't wish LTA/white ant stop you? I doubt there is any legal after market muffler for Neo...

satria29

Oct 12, 2008
Ya lor no legal type sia...... but many ppl using the hotbit 1 twin tail pipe how is that?
:adore:

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
the authority will not stop your car just like that... usually they bust people for noise, which is the worst enemy for exhaust mod guy

satria29

Oct 12, 2008
thanks to all help... i got a same outlook for satria neo 1 good man..... its s-flow... surprisingly good for drag/pick up 1st to 3rd gear... thats wat i like about malaysia ,have wat u wan, price is wat u wan as well.... cheers:biggrin:

kkchai

Nov 30, 2007
But some people install muffler sound loud and ugly but no power only cause noise pollution. No offend but it is irritating to people.

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
It is absolutely offending to other people.... I always ask the mod guy to at least mod it to a considerable sound level... but they just have to do it the all the way method ...

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
most of straight flow come as package with loud noise..how to identify which is good?this Q acc depends to lots of things..how fast ur exhaust valve transfer the weight to outside..how much backpressure ur needed..depends what criteria ur need such acceleration or tork?

i'm running with s-flow type exhaust for low noise emissions and good response.some muffler can gain pickup with noise..so,just swap ur TB with larger diameter,u can get extra response..thts all.just my idea

tiburonshrk

Known Member
Mar 6, 2006
Changing of exhaust does affect your high end horsepower and mid range torque. Just as Mivec Mivec said, if you want a lower noise emission and probably a nice and deep level of sound, get a S-Flow type exhaust. Significant improvement can be felt.

If you are not performing any serious mods, do keep your catalytic converter. Once you remove it, you emission will be smelly, fuel consumption will increase as well. My fuel consumption increased pretty much from 40 liters - 530km to 40 liters - 400km

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Sounds interesting mivec, where did u get yours done? Any reliable shops u recommend? I had a friend that went to one in Kepong...aiyoh..got suckered into getting a piece of crap la.

achmedrauff

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
www.onlyinmalaysiamah.com
How much is higher Adhme? Your higher can be very high...
Custom manifold, piping, bullets, muffler and tip might go for 1k - 2k
Depends on type of car of course~ but you can be sure of the quality.....they do for all types of cars~ I've seen Porche C4, Benz, M3s Evo and such getting a hook up at this place.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i tot singapore authorities r very strict????
no welding job on exhaust???
although they've got the "approved" exhaust system for those sports car like evo/wrx/etc (which is loud)...
but i dun think they hav any "approved" ones for satria neo.....

anyway....
u can actually do the "half pipe" thingy....
where u place a throttle body at ur exhaust piping...
wan loud n power...open the throttle body...
wan quiet ride...just close it.....

although SG authorities r strict....
i've seen some crazy SGreans changing engine (from 4g13 to 4g63t); BOT; loud exhaust; etc....
but their favourite mods = stickers n plenty of meters!!!! (no offence for tis one)

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i tot singapore authorities r very strict????
no welding job on exhaust???
although they've got the "approved" exhaust system for those sports car like evo/wrx/etc (which is loud)...
but i dun think they hav any "approved" ones for satria neo.....

anyway....
u can actually do the "half pipe" thingy....
where u place a throttle body at ur exhaust piping...

wan loud n power...open the throttle body...
wan quiet ride...just close it.....

although SG authorities r strict....
i've seen some crazy SGreans changing engine (from 4g13 to 4g63t); BOT; loud exhaust; etc....
but their favourite mods = stickers n plenty of meters!!!! (no offence for tis one)
it"s call Exhaust Control Valve(evc for short).i got a few set.hehehe.......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i'm using kelisa new generation...plan to use 1.8 Fuel Pump, 1.8 Injector, Custom Return Line & Sard Fuel Regulator plus SAFC2...izzit ok for this setup?? bcoz my next plan to put Hi-Cam from Matspeed or Powerzone...hope u guys can help me n give opinion...thanxs
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience