modyfying my saga need helps and suggestions (updating)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

azhari

hello there.. im using a proton saga kereta kebal, 4g13p engine, no single mod, everythings is standard, 16inch sport rim, stock spring and absorber. im planning and wanting to mod my car, so it will become more powerful and also more speed. i have no interest to change the engine, even though most of my friends suggesting me to change to another engine, because for me it seem to much, and i prefer only on mod my current engine. so here i want to ask an opinion from all the taiko2 out there, what is the first stage that im suppose to do with my car.

-planning to change the extractor, confuse which one is better, zenden, powerzone or hotbitz?

-should i change the stock muffler and install a bullet? if yes, which brand is a good one? do i need to change the piping?

-planning to change the air-filter, is the racecraft cf air-filter a good choice?

-planning to install the pivot voltage stabilizer and grounding cable? is it worth to spend on these two items? does it effect my engine performance?

-planning to change the cluth plate. which one is a good one? mitsubishi 1.6 or 1.8 super touring clucth plate? can i use the evo3 clucth plate?

-do i need to change the gear box? if yes, can i install the evo3 gear box into my car?

-planning to install a hotbitz adjustable absorber, is it a good choice?

-what sport spring is best for my car? suggestion plez.

if any of u have any friends want to sell all those items and any recommended items, plez inform it to me. any suggestion is appriciated..thanks..

- if got budget, get powerzone tuned length extractor... if no, zenden will be good enough...

- change midbox to highflow midbullet (any brand will do, as long as inside got swirl effect)... hehe.... muffler, if u want quiet get s-flow ones.... vroom vroom sound, get straight flow.... as discussed many times before, s-flow for abit better top speed.... straight flow for abit better pickup... piping make sure its not too big, around 1.7 will be good enough....

- racecraft should be ok... remember to do cold air intake for ur air intake... coz cold air improves combustion.... other choice i recommend would be apexi and k&n... HKS also not bad, but in long term quite expensive coz have to replace the filter element...

- VS and grounding cable.... got budget, buy original Pivot lor... i think rm250-rm300 for both.... if no money, diy ur own VS and grounding cable... try refer DIY section for more info about this...

- not sure evo can use or not... but most people use supertouring flywheel... improve pickup, top speed kurang abit only... detail info about this i also not sure, still noob in clutch thing...

- change gearbox??... for what??... evo ones cannot fit i think.... jz use back ur standard gearbox la... if ur engine not powerful enough, u have hard time matching the gear ratios of other gearbox with ur current engine... proton/mitsu designed the gear ratios of our gearbox to match with the engine output... not alwiz bigger is better....

- there is nothing as best sport springs.... neither do they have best suspension... all depends on ur preference... some prefer hard setup, while some likes soft setup.... jz remember, u cant get performance and comfort together.... something must give n take....
if u planning to lower ur car while maintain abit of comfort with standard absorbers, eibach is a good choice.... i've also seen some positive reviews of the new GAB suspension (combo springs n abs, not coilovers)... best solution is to sit in the car with such suspension and try it urself....

hello there.. im using a proton saga kereta kebal, 4g13p engine, no single mod, everythings is standard, 16inch sport rim, stock spring and absorber. im planning and wanting to mod my car, so it will become more powerful and also more speed. i have no interest to change the engine, even though most of my friends suggesting me to change to another engine, because for me it seem to much, and i prefer only on mod my current engine. so here i want to ask an opinion from all the taiko2 out there, what is the first stage that im suppose to do with my car.

-planning to change the extractor, confuse which one is better, zenden, powerzone or hotbitz? - powerzone should be better as its from a tuner

-should i change the stock muffler and install a bullet? if yes, which brand is a good one? do i need to change the piping? - muffler is just for the sound , bt keep a limit to a small one cos ur engine is just a small cc one , bigger doesnt mean better, keep it around 1.5-1.7" piping

-planning to change the air-filter, is the racecraft cf air-filter a good choice?
racecraft air filter , hurm , dnt have confirmation wht element is it using , bt in the end a air filter is just an air filter, just to filter dirt to ur engine, higher flow might increase 1-2hp , a good reliable drop in would be a better choice , knn

-planning to install the pivot voltage stabilizer and grounding cable? is it worth to spend on these two items? does it effect my engine performance?
as far as i know , it had no effects on my car, groundwires are cheap , bt ur car is new , ur chassis doesnt have cracks n corrosion , the negative current should be good , bt its only around 30 bucks , just do it for ur satisfaction

-planning to change the cluth plate. which one is a good one? mitsubishi 1.6 or 1.8 super touring clucth plate? can i use the evo3 clucth plate?
lol , just stick to ur stock clutch bro , ur car aint a super modded car to have a bigger flywheel , ur standard one is already holding well , n nops u cant use evo3

-do i need to change the gear box? if yes, can i install the evo3 gear box into my car?
yes u can install evo3 gb , with super mods , with vr4 n mirage items also needed , bt just waste of money , u need a modded car to complement the gearbox

-planning to install a hotbitz adjustable absorber, is it a good choice?
nop , first choice would be titan adjustable around 2.5k , wouldnt doubt that , used it on the roads n also the track

-what sport spring is best for my car? suggestion plez.
if u want good handling n comfort, change to adjustables straight

if any of u have any friends want to sell all those items and any recommended items, plez inform it to me. any suggestion is appriciated..thanks.

lastly i can say , do know how much u r spending on the car and do know there is a limitation on modding ur car , u cant mod this engine to whack turbo cars or higher cc cars , u may gain anything from 1-10hp in simple mods, which makes ur car few milisecond faster , bt is it cos effective ? u do tell me , there is a reason y ur friends asked ya to change engine , cos spending alot on a 1.3 engine wouldnt go far , and lastly learn , do not simply blindly mod , do read alot , ,i mean ALOT , go thru all the threads in zth and gain knowledge , without knowledge , the world is out there to con u , i bet ya without knowledge ppl can just convince ya to install accesories that brings no performance gain at all
thts all , nt gonna turn back here , ciow

thanks a lot skywalker and jinkl..i've been waitin for few hours for some one to reply my topic, hehe. great suggestion u guyz got there.. yeah jinkl, i'hv been doing a lot of reasearch comparing what a basic mod that im suppose to do with my car, some more im not planning to compete those turbo car, as long as the power of my car increase 20-30% should be ok..hehe

but then the gab suspension should be damn expensive rite?? how much is the market rice?? any shop recommended?? titan? i can't afford to use it, hehe. how about the monroe abs? i heard it is quit good too.

i also been thinking to install the zenden extractor, coz it price cheaper, some more i heard that the pz extractor can easily berkarat n expensive too.. it should be ok rite?

for the pipin, im thinkin to juz change the extractor n install a midbox, but then stick with the old pipin and muffler, is it ok doing that?

well hehe i drive a saga also
but as jinkl says is true but if u wan climb mountain and give u somemore hp to ur car then i recommand u go for weber dun need touch other stuff already

simple moding and cheap also just throw in a vr4 brake pump and 2pot brakes that will do

elmo_x.. can u plez explain more bout the weber..there are many types of weber rite? can u plez explain more about it, the fuel consumption and the market price. is twin carburetor consider as a weber?

anyone know where to find zenden extractor? coz there is no reply from kent20..

beside that, is it worth to spend on ngk spark plug, or bosch super plug?

some more, where to find bosch plug cable?

erm there are alot of types of weber haha
but ur saga is daily ride rite? then go for DCNF series have power and wont makan much minyak, FC is depends on how u drive lor
if gatal gatal flaw it then ur FC will kill u
if u drive normal light foot then will even jimat more petrol

i last time OEM 8V carb my FC tahan max max oso 4 to 5 days
now using weber my FC can tahan more than 1 week when drive normal if flaw oso can tahan 5 days hehe

for market price (2nd hand punya la,1st hand might not afford it)
DCNF 40 ,RM 400 to Rm 1k (depends on the owner package wif filter,tapak,and etc)
DCOE 40-42 ,RM 1k and above (just only the 2 carb)

u can come to http://www.carbforum.cjb.net/
u can read more details about weber
and alot of friendly sifus will help you out there =P

but if i use webber, then do need to use air-filter rite? correct me if im wrong..

current modification in my car..

-racecraft cf air-filter
-pivot voltage stabilizer
-aerospeed grounding cable (7points)

easier to start, sound better..satisfied.hehe..
looking for zenden extractor+mid-bullet+silencer, anyone got contact??

Top Bottom