Modification On Skyline

kenzo

6,000 RPM
Hi guyz...im getting a skyline...and i wanna know wat can i do with the car...i mean wat can i modify the best for the car...wat turbo can i put for my car,i wanna do this must do wat?...so plz do teach me...bcoz i dun wanna modify until i get screwed up...and i think is better to get knowledge first from ppl who knows better....so plz do give me some help ok...any model...er,gtr,gts,gtst....anything lar...so sifus....do give us all for some feedback...we need ur help to ganti u as a sifu :P ...heheh thanks!!!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
oh my.. this can be such a huge topic.. the question is.. how much power do you want and how much you're willing to spend to get it?

basically, do basic mods first, get used to the car and then go from there..

1) intake mods - filter

2) exhaust mods - dump + exhaust

3) fuel mods - fuel pump, injectors, etc

4) suspension & handling - coilovers, strut bar, sway bars, bushes, etc

5) drivetrain - better clutch, lighter flywheel, etc

6) braking - pads, rotors, braided hoses, etc

7) cooling - front mount intercooler, radiator

8) turbo - bigger turbo? manifold, wastegate, etc

9) management - full ECU, piggy back, etc

what do you use your car for? racing or daily driver with just a bit more ommph? is drivability important? lots of questions need to be ask coz diff purposes require diff setups and some are easier to drive on the street than most

kenzo

6,000 RPM
well...i want at least 400hp...well 400 is enuf tho...im willing to spend quite alot around 10k...well...im gonna use it for daily use...maybe gonna drag abit to release my tention...haha..well...the exhaust system...that i really wanna change...wat exhaust system would be the best...i want it to be in good in power,nice sound...dun care how loud it is tho...and i thought of getting better intercooler and better ecu system...can u help me with thiz? thanks pimpim...

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
400hp.. you would need new turbo, ECU, upgraded fuel system, front mount, new clutch, maybe injectors, list kinda goes on..

400 at the wheels is a bit much to ask for 10k esp if you want safe and reliable power.. the RB25s in the 34 make easy power though but there's a limit.. make over a certain amount of power and heaps of stuff will start to break.. id say just try for around 300rwhp first which is easy as and then see how you go from there..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
ok maybe i'll try to be a bit more helpful heheh.. lets see if we can work out what it is you need for 400rwhp.. no flaming ah, only trying to help ;)

1) exhaust - 3" to 3.5"you choose how big you want it to be but general rule of thumb is 3" and above, mine was a 3" dump which ended in a 3.25" catback exhaust.. you can go Jap brand or do a custom job but expect costs to vary somewhat..

2) filter - pod filter or high flow panel filter.. most go for pod cause it sounds better.. i used Apexi, dont use HKS unless you only wanna filter out small birds..

3) turbo - no way the stock turbo will make anything close to 400rwhp so you would need a new one.. HKS turbos that fit your application are the 2835 which has several versions from 380 to 420 and the 3037 which has 420 to 470hp variants.. there are other brands you can use Apexi, Greddy etc but ive had experience with HKS and i like them a lot.. the choice is yours tho

4) fuel system - fuel pump, maybe a Bosch or a Nismo.. i dont think the Walbro that most ppl use will support 400rwhp safely.. might also need a new set of injectors.. 550 should be more than adequate but if you're going to go for more power than maybe buy bigger ones in advance :)

5) cooling system - you will need a front mount intercooler, the stock cooler on the 34, though thicker than on the 33 is good enough if your car is stock, but 400rwhp requires a better cooler.. again, you can choose between the Jap brands or just get a core and do up the piping yourself

6) ECU - well, this is a huge topic in itself.. what do you wanna go for? piggyback or standalone? if you want piggy back you can go for SAFC + ITC or E-Manage or F-COn.. depends on your budget.. if you want a standalone, then you can pick PowerFC, MOTEC, Microtech, Haltech and more.. Power-FC is good coz its PnP so no messing around with wiring, just plug it in and you can drive it with the base map tho thats tuned for Jap fuel.. but no problems, it should be good enough to drive to the tuner and get it sorted.. however, best bet is to pick a good tuner coz if your tuner isnt good at tuning that ECU then its all wasted..

7) suspension and brakes - often neglected by people, id rather have a car with 300rwhp and good handling than a 400rwhp car that drives like the Titanic.. these mods will keep you on the road and stop better esp when your talking abt 80-100% increases in output.. coilover *may* be too hard for your liking esp with Msian roads being what they are.. i used Bilstein before and then moved on to RG coilovers.. the RG suspension is superb, take corners at high speeds and the car is so stable its not funny but the Bilstein was nicer around town, no harsh ride.. moving onto brakes, maybe just upgraded rotors and better brake pads will suffice for the mean time.. if you have the cash then hey, by all means go for Brembo or Alcon or AP Racing etc but you wont get that and all the above for 10k

Happy modding dude, i know the excitement of owning a new car and i hope you enjoy your new ride.. I may have left out 1-2 items in the list so i'll edit it when i remember hahaha.. but i'm sure the sifu's here will add to it soon

kenzo

6,000 RPM
haha...thanks alot man...well...i think i better go for 300+ hp first lar...and ur rite...better handling first...no use having so much hp when u cant even turn...thanks alot pimpim...i promise u i will take u for a ride onces im done with the car..heheh...well firstly...how much will it cost??

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
300rwhp.. again depends on the sort of dyno, some read high some read low.. but generally on a dyno dynamics, its hard for a stock RB25 turbo to make 300rwhp, possible yes but these turbos dont like more than 14psi.. maybe a highflow or a slightly larger turbo such as HKS2530 would help you comfortably hit 300rwhp..

other mods you need; exhaust, front mount intercooler and some form of management..

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
RB.. it only for loaded people
not for we pokai people

everything also 50% expensive more than SR

so.. dont buy skyline.. buy Silvia

kenzo

6,000 RPM
well...cmng...it's true wat u say....but im already ordering my skyline...my fren told me to get a silvia...bcoz he was using silvia too...so he said anything he could help me out bcoz his more into silvia...haihz...but no matter wat...SKYLINE RULEZZZ!!!!! :D

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
hey dude, as much as i would like to help you, i dont actually live in Msia so wont be possible for you to call.. but just leave your email or MSN and we can chat there?

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
kenzo

come to the next skyline club meetings
introduce yourself and I'm sure many skyliners there will be more than happy to give you specific info on what you need to do to mod up your future car.

GAME_OVER

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Originally posted by Jebu@Apr 25 2005, 11:28
kenzo

come to the next skyline club meetings
introduce yourself and I'm sure many skyliners there will be more than happy to give you specific info on what you need to do to mod up your future car.
[snapback]925081[/snapback]​

yes ..to the sifu who did tons of mod to his sa kai line ...he might be able to give u a hint or route for "how to convert from perdana coupe to TRUE sa kai line GTR without 4wd".... all hail to sifu ....

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I'm no sifu Game Over.
But at least I dun drive a very gay sil80

kenzo

6,000 RPM
ohh...pimpim...where ur from??....where ur at?...well my msn is [email protected] sure we cant chat there...im sure gonna go for the next skyline club ghatering....cant wait to meet u guyz up...thanks jebu...oh yeah...guyz...is RB26dett more expensive to modify?...dont care about the twins stuff...but izzit way much more expensive then an rb25dett engine?...thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello there..i'm a newbie here.

Need help here from all sifus. Just got my rear ARB from a halfcut shop. But i'm not sure if its fits my satria 1.3. Written on the bar.. CB4A. It comes with a set of lower arm and brackets.

Does anyone knows from which car is this ARB from and can it fit my satria. Size i'm not sure but bigger than 15mm i guess and will it suit with my standard front arb?

Need help if its not fit i'll return it to the shop or may sell to anyone intwho is interested...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience