MIVEC Tappet Problems - Advice Needed

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
if u need help in cam timing, u can pm me for details sir. there are steps to be taken after setting the cam, to make sure the valves arent becoming good friends wit the pistons, lol. sum of the cam pulley have extra tolerence, they arent all the same even if they in the same brand

my mech told me, after i put in my high cam, he will check by putting a layer of soil on piston and work the engine by hand to let the piston going up and c is the piston touch the valve or not, otherwise, u will say gudbye to ur mivec, 700 is kinda low, standard is 850 with a/c on if i not wrong, mine is mivec 2nd gen , i purposely adjust it to 1000++ a/c off and 900++ a/c on to avoid jearking of engine chasis, my fren told me over jerk or prolonged jerk will affect ur mounting..... not all high cam jerk like hell, some like JUN(whereby i plan to have this) high cam will have stock idling characteristic......

my bad, my mech din study much say soil... lol ...but clay is like a form of soil also, more sticky.. lol

Hey guys, before we go any further with this, I'd like to thank you guys for your patience and continuous support. Like I said, I'm still very new to this engine, so some of my questions might be kinda weird.

The thing is, I've spent a lot of time and money on this engine already. Not to mention the countless months the car has been in different workshops around Melaka.

How I got stuck with so many problems is because of a deal that went sour between me and a close friend. I actually bought this engine over from him, and it was in good condition when it was in his car. Then he recommended a mech, who really messed things up, and then disappeared. Imagine this : He swapped engines without even touching the a/c in both cars. We had to get that done at a later time.

Once again, thanks a lot for your help and support....Hopefully after my car's properly done, we can meet up for a few drinks, my treat, haha!

Oh yea eh...haha...Not to worry, Sarawak can be my honeymoon destination then, lol!

i think u spend not yet enough.... i spent more then 20k already, plus engine transplant time 3 and half month (bad workmanship and cut throat price) actually i buy from fren also, fren is a mech but that time i at other mech's shop (that bad wormanship mech is my fren's fren too) in order to avoid the bad mech to say my fren stole his customer, so i let the bad mech do, super noob service and high price, make my car more problem, say wat cannot put 2 fan in front of my header since my header too close (turbo header) ... my fren do it in halfday time ...... now i nid spent more 4k to make it back n/a and sell those parts for afc neo, rechip and racing cam... :bawling:

iam sorry u guys gone through all those shites wit sum so-called frens and their contacts, lets make the best of this to avoid others from experiencing the same thing, shall we? wit dat, i thank you in advance sirs.

i'll hold u up for dat drink sir, iam a collector when it comes to promises, lol

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom