Meet the fastest drivers and their machines from Round 1 of Time To Attack: Sepang

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

We continue celebrating 10 years of '(00) with Round 2 of our Time To Attack: Sepang taking place this 25th of July at the, you guessed it, Sepang International Circuit. Round 1 which took place back in May was an astounding success despite the torrential monsoon rains that lasted the entire day. Even so, Malaysian motorsport enthusiast of every genre were out in full force to celebrate with us and we thank you for your presence that day.

Registration for Round 2 is now officially open and you can register at our sister site, www.timetoattack.net. The site features everything you need to know about the event and the different classes, and just so you know, This time round we are categorizing by road cars, GT cars, supercars, and Time Attack Machines / race cars. All cars that fit under these categories will then be categorised again falling into turbo's or naturally aspirated segments. For more information on that, do click here.

Meanwhile, we would like to introduce the fastest drivers from Round 1 who we have dubbed as 'The Elite', below are their pictures, their cars, their times and a quote from them. Now you know what time you need to beat, if you're not driving, come as a spectator and be thrilled, or if you would like to just come and do some photography, click here for more information.

Mohammed Farriz

"For Round 2, I’m not looking forward much on the time that I want, or to top the sheet or not. I’m just looking forward to driving my GTR cause I haven’t got the chance to drive on a clear track with dry set up in dry conditions so maybe I can do below 2:30, looking forward to have some unexpected good times."

Chris 2000

"Coming to Round 2, we are actually going to do some more preparations because in Round 1, we did not do anything. We just went in as it is with the car. Hopefully, we’ll do better timing in Round 2."

Hammond Lai

"The contributing factors that gave me a good time in the first round was because, firstly, I know the track well and I've got a very good set up, a very well balanced car. But for Round 2, my discs are warped, so I may have to change my brake disc and I think the competition would be very intense so I’m really looking forward to Round 2."

Jon Teo

"For Round 2, I'm going to try to beat myself again, try to set up the car better for the time attack. Maybe tweak the suspension, a bit of handling, camber settings, tyre pressure and maybe a little tuning."

Oh Kah Beng

"I think I will have a much well prepared car for Round 2. But more importantly, I want to encourage more Lotus owners to participate because it’s an event which really enhances your driving skills and plenty of fun."

Megat Arizal

"Time To Attack: Sepang gives us a purpose! Whatever you do with your car, be it change of tyres, new exhaust, stickers, it all contributes to this. So everyone is really excited and I think Zerotohundred.com did a good job with this Time To Attack. For Round 2 I got a secret la … if I tell, then everyone also will be doing the same thing then cannot la. So, Suuuuurprise!!"

Shedden Ee

"For Round 2, I don't think not much preparation is going to be done. But I’m keeping my wing on my car this time around so that I don’t start throwing the tail in the corner like the last event. That’s basically it la… and I hope it won’t rain this time!"

------------------------

So Are you Ready for the Second Attack?
http://www.timetoattack.net

Attachments

Last edited: