MBF credit card scam

MetalMic

Nov 15, 2004
SCAM ALERT!

I Just receive a call from this no 03 2167 7722, a guy speaking mandarin claiming he is from MBF, he got my IC no. and 10 yrs old address details. According to him I got a MBF card with an outstanding balance of RM 9750 used this year Jan in Singapore, when I said I don't have this card, then he said my identity might be stolen and gave me a so called Bank Negara contact number 03 2788 4722 ext 1106 to verify that.

Suspecting something not right, I googled the phone numbers and I found out that it is a SCAM! From this link here Image Verification

So I called Bukit Aman Control Center at 03 2031 9999 and the police officer confirmed that this is a scam and ask me to never give them any personal details. Also the scary part was, according the police officer, the con man manage to imitate the Bukit Aman phone number into the caller id to con people into giving their personal details.

The officer also advise to ask for the fake officer full name and police number if you receive such call from the Bukit Aman phone number and also to call back to the Bukit Aman control center number to veify? So please beware of this SCAM and share with your other friends and family members..

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
This has been going on for a very long time now.. Similar Modus Operandi...One of my ex-colleagues got conned by these guys...very convincing act they put on... and he was the cautious type..never got his $$ back till today..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
my fren also nearly got conned this way.

he just told the conmen he's in police station making a report.. hehe..

MetalMic

Nov 15, 2004
I guess this con men are cashing in for the people to panic and follow what ever instructions they will give.

I heard alot of this calls came in on weekend mornings, probably the best time to catch you off guard.

Update:

The "MBF" bank tried to call me back twice later that morning. I guess the "bank officer" must be wondering why I did not call their Bank Negara...LOL

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yes, is true. My GF mum kena once was trying to scared her that she actually swiped something cost RM10K+ and
she have to pay it by tomoro...so argued with him awhile, her mum ask him, surely u guys did something to my
card if not it won't sum up to such amount...

That guy lost his cool and broken his identity...furiously answered her...U better pay up, if not I'm going to cause you to
declare bankruptcy...Wow...threaten her leh...

Made a call to the bank, no such person and her account was alright..no such debts...:banghead: :mad:

2nd case, was my dad got a call from Bukit Aman claiming as officer or something that my dad was suspected
to have smuggled something worth RM10+ and he must immediately come and meet that inspector somewhere
at Bukit Aman to settle...if not he will go to jail or something since the smuggled goods is under his name...

My dad was like :dontknow: then call Bukit Aman, Inspector said no such officer/inspector here...but number is
indeed Bukit Aman's Number...so advised my dad not to meet them anywhere but come straight into Bukit Aman
office to lodge a report...confirm a scam...

Nowadays they can tap the Bank Negara/Bukit Aman's number or anything..all these low life bastards use their brain
for the wrong use...:mad:

Cheating old people's money....bugger!

MetalMic

Nov 15, 2004
I did some checks on the internet, it seems that its extremely difficult for the police to catch these buggers as they are using VoIP systems to call the victims.

They probably have some software systems that can mask their line with any numbers they want something like this : http://infosecisland.com/blogview/18382-Nothing-Funny-About-CallerIDFaker.html

In fact if I were to google the number they "used" to call me its the genuine MBF contact number. It was the fake Bank Negara number that got them.

If these scam keep going, companies and banks can say goodbye to their genuine tele-markerteers, like right now I'm never gonna trust anymore calls that they claim coming from banks..

Last edited:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
today afternoon.. same modus operandi scam like taikor Supra_Fanatics' story but this time it came from of all people.. LHDN.
the man trying to get my account no./bank name/etc for tax refund.. the heck i havent submit anything yet.

so careful since submitting tax is a hot now.. they trying to catch u of guard.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA TO REGISTER EVO ENGINE TO WAJA OR GEN2 USING OTHER BLOCK SUCH BEEN MADE TO WIRA/SATRIA WITH EVO/VR4 2.0CC BUT CHANGE DA BLOCK WITH 4G67 1.8CC.WHAT I MEAN IS TO CHANGE ONLY DA BLOCK BUT DA HEAD AND WIRING STILL USING EVO4-8...:hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience