MazdaSpeed RX8

addy82

Dec 23, 2005
Hai,Buddy's.....
I hv few question want to ask you all ! I just bought a Mazdaspeed Rx8,Japan Spec.....It is High Spec 6 Speed Manual Type S 230Hp .....But i need to Upgrade my car performance....Can Any Buddy's told me which Modify car performance shop should i go ? And Izzit RX8 hv Turbo Engine ?N what is DSC System ? Pls help me answer all the questions.....thank Buddy's!:cry_smile:

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
DSC = Dynamic Stability Control...control your cars handling so u wont oversteer...
Performance shop???if u have the cash go to any shop in Sunway and leave ur car there...they can gau tim for you by installing performance parts...but all parts fucking kau kau exp...
Or if u prefer to know that your hard earned cash goes really into ur car and not half into car and half benefited the foreman...go find ur close friends...they have reputable workshop...
or if u want...i can reconmend a friend for you...he does track racing...and any mod into any car...

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
addy82 said:
Hai,Buddy's.....
I hv few question want to ask you all ! I just bought a Mazdaspeed Rx8,Japan Spec.....It is High Spec 6 Speed Manual Type S 230Hp .....But i need to Upgrade my car performance....Can Any Buddy's told me which Modify car performance shop should i go ? And Izzit RX8 hv Turbo Engine ?N what is DSC System ? Pls help me answer all the questions.....thank Buddy's!:cry_smile:
Hi congrats on buy a Rx-8, I'm one of the Rx-8 owners in penang as well since 2004 normally we chat and post questions in the malaysian section of http://www.rx8club.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

maybe we can come out and meet sometimes :)

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Ok now to your questions
Performance shop normally you go to the sunway ones, but fitting can be done in penang ( cheaper) at m-power there is where a few of us normally service our cars.

RX-8 doesn't and will not come with a turbo engine

DSC = Dynamic Stability Control or nomally people call it Skid Control
This helps in controlling your car's stability through corners. ie. if your wheels slip the sensors pick up and the ecu automatically brake your car to regain traction.

MazdaB8GTX

Known Member
Sep 30, 2004
RX8 Crash

Car crash , collided into a concrete lamp post ( broke into half )

Driver sustained mild bruises due to the airbag impact
Need help from all u guys of RX8 owner. The car is under insurance 1st party
Estimated damage 40k.

How bad the damage. From wat i saw, engine not involve. The radiotor , all those part in front of the altertnator is involve. The airbag activated. What i want to know is after the mechanic has replace all those damage part, do i need a computer ( from Mazda ) to retune or reset the ECU so that there wont be any malfunction due to the previous incident ( the accident which activates the ABS and lock the sit belts ) and was store in ROM in ECU .

PLz help. who should i go c ,which mechanic or do i need to inquire directly from Mazda Japan. car is CBU 2005 model.

Anyone experience the same , plz give me some advice

Thankz, bro.

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
u mean everything infront of the alternator is smashed?

to reset the ecu is easy.... just disconnect the battery for 5 mins and connect it back.
where are you located?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Hi MazdaB8GTX,

few weeks ago i heard from frens that there's a black rx8 have a bad accident...... So it must be you......

Look for Liew at C&C.......his number is 016-2275880.... He can diagnos you're car.....

cheers

mrbing

Feb 14, 2006
MazdaB8GTX said:
Car crash , collided into a concrete lamp post ( broke into half )

Driver sustained mild bruises due to the airbag impact
Need help from all u guys of RX8 owner. The car is under insurance 1st party
Estimated damage 40k.

How bad the damage. From wat i saw, engine not involve. The radiotor , all those part in front of the altertnator is involve. The airbag activated. What i want to know is after the mechanic has replace all those damage part, do i need a computer ( from Mazda ) to retune or reset the ECU so that there wont be any malfunction due to the previous incident ( the accident which activates the ABS and lock the sit belts ) and was store in ROM in ECU .

PLz help. who should i go c ,which mechanic or do i need to inquire directly from Mazda Japan. car is CBU 2005 model.

Anyone experience the same , plz give me some advice

Thankz, bro.
oh dear lord......sorry to hear that.....
.....if its 1st party,then better choose really good,trusted and recogniseable workshop.....1st of all....which insurance...?...when u said estimated 40k, is it u estimate it or the adjuster.....?.....
....coz 40k kinda a little dont u think for a 2005 model.........
...coz the way u xplain it its really2 bad la.......
....for this matter usually just let the workshop do the work,....its a lot harder to think about it by urself....

again....sorry abt the car bro....

MazdaB8GTX

Known Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rx8

Thankz guys for d feedback

Nope i am driving a silver RX8 , actually is my dad , i drive a mazda B8. He meet an accident
all the part infront and behind the radiator even those pumps are involve, it just damage the
area just after the engine.

So no sure wat to do, now in a workshop in Muar. the insurance is OAC. they need to order parts from
Japan i guess, the 40K is estimated by the foreman, not insurance company

Hi lennon. why do u recommend liew. i mean do they really have the diagnostic machine to test the
ECU. and etc. i not sure so still waiting for the insurance company.

Thankx btw. if any of u happen to come across such an incident plz kindly advice me

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
MazdaB8GTX said:
Hi lennon. why do u recommend liew. i mean do they really have the diagnostic machine to test the
ECU. and etc. i not sure so still waiting for the insurance company.

Thankx btw. if any of u happen to come across such an incident plz kindly advice me
More than a dozen of RX8 are serviced by Cycle & Carriage....... They do have the diagostic machine for RX8, or else you have to drive to SG....... Liew is one of the service personnel there....... Be friend to him.... Sometimes he even do the diagnostic for free....

Last edited:

addy82

Dec 23, 2005
hi, boonyloh
can i know where the located of u mention of the shop of M-power?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Somewhere near Kek Lok Si and Penang Hill......... I went pass the location during CNY, quite near to a famous Chinese secondary high school.......

boonyloh

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
Lennon said:
Somewhere near Kek Lok Si and Penang Hill......... I went pass the location during CNY, quite near to a famous Chinese secondary high school.......
u passed by my high school

lol

Chung Ling High School

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,
My fren who drives a viva met with an accident yesterday. So she has sent her car to the perodua in sungai petani coz she wants it to get fixed in perodua. Does anyone have any contact in perodua sungai petani or any other perodua that can help to make sure dun kena sembelih for unnecessary parts? Or maybe even get discount for raya :biggrin:

Thanks in advance guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience