• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003

Malaysia to roll out Esna Venere sports car in 2006
By ZURAIMI ABDULLAH

March 17 2005

ESNA Venere. That’s the name of the indigenous sports car that will put Malaysia among the elite league of nations that produce super cars.

Little-known Enasports Sdn Bhd plans to roll out the Venere next year with a limited production of 150 units, to be handcrafted from a site in Selangor.

Its price should be in the range of RM500,000 to RM800,000, with about 20 bookings having been made to date, said Esmail Naziadin, owner of Esnasports.

The full-scale, clay model of the 3-litre supercar was shown to journalists yesterday.

“Next year is the target set for the first production model to roll of the assembly line. We are planning to take a production prototype to the next Geneva Motor Show in 2006,” Esmail told a press conference after the unveiling of the Venere by Tan Sri Basir Ismail in Kuala Lumpur.

Plans are also in the pipeline to put the Venere to the test in the Le Mans 24-hour endurance race.

“It may sound unbelievable but the car you see was conceptualised, sketched, modeled and finalised in just five months by a very small group of people,” said Enasport spokesman Major (Rtd) Datuk Zainuddin Che Din.

While only the engine and transmission unit will be sourced from overseas, all the design and engineering work of the Venere was done here by Malaysians, Zainuddin said.

Esmail said the Venere and any future models from Enasports will have a limited production run of 150 units.

Six years ago, Esmail began dabbling in the motor business, restoring classic cars. Only five months ago did he start thinking seriously about developing a Malaysian sports car that could take on the world’s best.

He found qualified stylist, model makers, engineers, painters and parts manufacturers who were willing to assist his mission.

Carbon fibre composite is the main material for the Venere, allowing the car to tip the scales at 1,080kg. The projected top speed is 300km an hour.

apex

Known Member
Dec 8, 2003
KUALA LUMPUR (Dow Jones)--Malaysia's Esnasports Sdn. Bhd. Wednesday said it will launch its sports car, the Esna Venere, in 2006, the national Bernama news agency reported.

The privately-held company said it has received 20 orders for the sports car, which will be priced between MYR500,000 ($131,579) and MYR800,000.

Only 150 units of the Venere sports car will be produced for both the local and export markets, after which the company will start designing the next model, Esnasports Adviser Esmail Naziadin said.

"About 30% of the buyers are foreigners, of whom two are Italians," Esmail added.

Esmail didn't provide further details on the car.

Analysts say national car maker Proton Holdings Bhd. (5304.KU) could launch its own, locally made sports car later this year, but details of that car haven't been disclosed.

Malaysia is the biggest passenger car market in the region with more than 400,000 vehicles sold annually.

:lol: :lol: proton also busybody want to make a super car..cannot see other people ahead of them...hehehe..wonder how proton sports car looks like...how the quality :rolleyes:

ch1ck3n

Known Member
Oct 16, 2004
:lol: mayb bcoz 150 unit oni...
quite rare lor...
dis guy quite good marketing...
muz c how is the quality...
hope not another failure...

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
“It may sound unbelievable but the car you see was conceptualised, sketched, modeled and finalised in just five months by a very small group of people,” said Enasport spokesman Major (Rtd) Datuk Zainuddin Che Din.
this statement makes me worried.
I wonder who are the 20 ppl who have so much faith in esnasports :blink:

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by boggysv@Mar 19 2005, 01:18
this statement makes me worried.
I wonder who are the 20 ppl who have so much faith in esnasports :blink:
Why did that Dutk even had to say that :huh: :blink:

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
Dec 10, 2004
Selangor, Malaysia
Visit site
who will trust them anymore?...dump a 500k money to buy a crap, later come out with all those power window problem...sure the owner scold until no energy (in hokkien we call "kan kah bo lat")...better ppl go buy more reliable car...rm 500k-800k..dun play play this amount...not everyone can earn...

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
500-800k ? i'd get a 645ci or a 745Li.

NOSkill

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
So this time they have a good excuse for not having the power windows.

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
heheheh...

Supercar no need power windows, nor power steering...so minus 2 problems liaw...but for RM500k...u think Ferrari may.....

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
well for a start, it's not proton.

and it started out just like all those italian supercar makers did...create their own car out of nothing.

lets just see how it takes on the market when it rolls out from the factory...too soon to judge anyways.

heheh but the headlights did look like some extremely modded satria from JB hahah

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
it look suspiciously like some people from now defunct (Ex)TVR malaysia .

If they are, then they do have "expertise" to assemble a car. I have said on other post (boards) that it is not entirely difficult to "assemble" a car (TVR, Noble, Venturi, Cateram ~ UK) . These cars are niche and keep enthusiast well entertained.

Platform will definitely be based on an existing one (TVR?) . Looks the length.

kinki_kidz®

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
proton sport car..nanti run half way...power windows fall out...force to slow down :ph34r:
great anti-speeding system :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i am having ???? regarding how the stock alarm+aftermarket immobilizer work together with turbo timer?

let say now i have stock alarm and immobilzaer in my car, as normal i arm & disarm when leaving & entering car.

but when i install a turbo timer for my turbo car, when i leave the car and arm the alarm while the engine still running during the timer count down, will the immobilzer cut off the enginer?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience