Light weight crank pulley good or bad

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
anyone using it now? howz the respond like? and is it worth it? hmm....

u may search thru "car for sales" section,find any car with this mod & pm the owner for feedback,hope they will layan

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
engine braking mar...hahaha:rofl:
thats why, many ppl ask me bout those lighten stuff such pulley or flywheel or even skimmed crankshaft.... i just said i got no good recommended for them unless they really got skill how to control throttle.
i dun wan they come back barking bout unstable idling or Rev drop too fast, or suddenly... belting sound & vibration.... thats fucking pissed off.
somehow, they won't understanding wat is give & take.... haih...

FishBrain_PROCC

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.fuzeproject.com
ic...thanx for sharing the info guyz...

I think should give it a shot...going to Kakimotor later and ask around more...heheh...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
ic...thanx for sharing the info guyz...

I think should give it a shot...going to Kakimotor later and ask around more...heheh...
just get the Tw 1, which got damper inside the pulley...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
huh? got damper inside? whatz the different?
thats called harmonic damper...
wats the difren ar... won't damage ur crank easily or reduce vibration & better balancing...

FishBrain_PROCC

Known Member
Mar 8, 2006
www.fuzeproject.com
owh..okie...get the picture now...hmm...how bout the famous zerOne crank pulley? is that a good one? or if other brand, where can i get those?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
thanks again low sai for recommending.hehehe.....ane...teh tarik 1,setengah gelas sudah...hehehe:biggrin:

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
hehe..
guys...
i heard sum of them say... crank pulley will spoil the oil pump!!
is it true ?!!!!!! :bawling:
and...
low-mid will increase power !!
but..when high rpm///the power willl get less than stock...
how;s ur guys think ?!!!! :biggrin:

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
I think most of the damage done to the engine by replacing the crank pulley is due to harmonic vibration from these pulleys. They might not be obvious but over time, parts connected directly to the pulley (alternator, water pump, conrod bearing, etc) will suffer some damage. It might vary from car to car, but even with a balanced pulley, I doubt it will stay balanced all the time.
Having the damper is a good idea as it'll compensate for minor harmonic vibration. But if the pulley is dented or wobbly, then PLEASE get it replaced. It's worth much less than an entire engine...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
using a mythelogy one for 4g15 carburetted...worth every cent..ori one is about 2.3 kgs, mythelogy is 8xx gms only...

u can feel it more on the lower gears

from a review i did a few yrs back:

"peak hp has not changed much, some tests showed no increase, some 2hp only (need more testing to get average)...however, wat is more important is the power curve, it increases the whole powerband, at some points up to 4-5 hp...n it peaks earlier at around 270 rpm earlier...

now about torque, consistently it shows an increase of at least 6 to 9Nm...quite a fair bit...

not bad...now dont forget, the gtech's hp n torque readings will be lower than even the on-wheel dyno...this is due to the fact that im facing wind resistance in gear 2 (which is where the tests are focused on), so increases will be more obvious on the dyno..."

Cheers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i want to ask any sifu here aboute the knuckle rvr
izzit same among knuckle rvr and evo1.2.3?or event 4g91?

now my problem is like this. i brought the half cut rvr and installed in wira body, but the knuckle was 5 lug.pic as below

1.how i wana convert it to 4 lug wira use pcd100 ?
2.by using the spacer 5 to 4 lug.and many ppl say dun hv in the market. if tempah thy say can not tahan.can break .
3.the drive shaft...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience