ko meng aah!!to sifoos out there. converting soon..pointers plzzzz

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
all sifuzz advice n experience on what to expect after conversion..

hi all sifuuzz out there..

done wiff conversion.. 1.6sohc swapped wiff b16a onli ...mind sharing ur advice n experience on what to expect after conversion... really appreciate it n summore can let fellow converters aka transformers :angel_smile: (like myself:shcokedcamo: ) more knowledge.. n not panic if sumthin happen to our precious babies.. usually what ur recommendations n precautions to take??what r the normal problem we will encounter??? thanx alot all..:X-:

really miss my baby eg..:cry_smile: :cry_smile:

Last edited:

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
to check ithe lsd jack the car up lift both side of the front wheel then turn the wheels.if the wheels feels hard to turn an the both side of the wheels is turning in the same directions then congrars is lsd.and for the oil just use lsd gearbox oil. i'm using ELF(tractorelf) gearbox oil. dono laa if you wanna use the expensive ones

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
thanx orc3368.. usually how when do u change the oil for the lsd ah???
really appreciate ur advice.. thanx again..

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
silver le .. u still got time to use internet ah.. not block form ofis ah???
where got money .. bagan lalang can after payday loh..hheheheh...

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
you drain 1st the previous oil from the bottom nut (dono how to say that particular thing) then open the speedometer sensor (be careful with the pin) then just refill it up.

normally i just follow my mood when wanna change the oil maybe 2 months once maybe more.(after all the oil is cheap rm42 per 3 liter.)

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
i think send to qualified mechanic better huh?? if chg every month better right..?
the kick when vtec open is better wif lsd right..
by the way what type of spring n absorbers u using mine is too low .. wanna chg to eibach n koni.. many ppl say gud..

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
ya laaaa learn the trick from them 1st then d.i.y loo. hahahahhahahah. when vtec open with lsd???dono laa i haven't drive any vtec others than mine. for spring and absobers i'm using bilstein. ok ok laaa quite bumpy.but i think koni will be good enough rather then TIEN.mahal oooooo

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
betoi tu orc... my fren using tein on his ej/ek.. quite ok but his one is second hand n just reserviced.. dunno got diff or not.. eibach for me is enuff n dunno wanna get adjustable or not.. my fren recommend short stroke abs .. but dunno where to find..

orc3368

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
if i were you get the adjustable ones jangan beli 2 kali.hahaha like me got cusco adjustable for sale but i take the bilstein now menyesal..... what do you mean by "abs"??

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
short stroke absorbers.. usually adjustable bumpy or not.. cause jln near my place mcm estet.. pothole everywhere.. lekuk lagi..humm.. wanna cry everytime i hit the potholes... my fren his rim pecah lagi .. hit the d**m potholes... so sad... i think wanna chg to standed springs but i pantang jumpa korner.. have to lipat one..heheh

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
so jerankong, converted liau?i oso planning to do conversion but oso like u totally new to this...take some pics of them doing the conversion mah so can make manual here ;)

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i heard from some ppl that when looking for halfcut look for those that are dirty n with white fungus growing on the inside of the engine bay.reason?cos japan cold country n got frost when put the car in scrapyard so when the frost defrost,some sort of fungus grows there...oni special from japan ;) other than that i think the rest oni a certified mech can confirm if totally ok or not everything.

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
I think he means that engine never being touch or nobody dimantle part/ changing
anything had fungus. If no fungus maybe somebody had 'sapu' something already....

soulfly

500 RPM
Jan 25, 2004
Miri
fakhrain.blogdrive.com
Still remember last time when I bought my halfcut (Integra DA8) .... when we checked and started the halfcut, even the aircond was still working... haha.

I think doesn't matter any EG, from D-series convert to B-series for sure need mounting modification.

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Yup any sifu in klang valley knows where is a gud place 4 halfcuts???

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
i oso not sure what the white fungus mean...maybe its cos the ppl at the halfcut place havent washed the engine bay...still as is when it came from japan.sort of a way to confirm the halfcut from japan n not from somewhere else i guess...how to make sure we not spending a whole 4-5k on junk wor...no step by step guide on what to check n what to watch out for?

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
fungus..me olso dont quite know one ..ask my mechanic fren to see....start onli once a aircond still worked fine.. n no teruk leaks.. eg6 halcut lsd.. salim je..got it for 5800... cause ask everywhere also quite the same... but encounter some problem(dugaan).. already kautim...so got to do the piping next..after do the jpj n puspakom stuffs.. sori le didnt reply earlier... quite bz.. btw is it better to put vtec controller or otherwise??? some say to preserve engine dont put??? true or not???

JeRanKonG

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
arturo said:
so jerankong, converted liau?i oso planning to do conversion but oso like u totally new to this...take some pics of them doing the conversion mah so can make manual here ;)
sori le bro.. no digital camera ..i also workin le..dont have time that week n onli got to see 3 times..quite sad sumtime cause the old engine wuz still reliable...but what to do..hehehe.. nak ikut sifuzz .. later konvoi left behind berkilo-kilo..:cry_smile:...noobie what...hheheh.. when u all planing tt.. can join if not working... the last one ..i outstation le..:_:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Could you help me on above problem? i have change to 4G63 N/A, but the engine cannot running smothly and i suspected from control sensor map. i have change it already but didnt get any effect. i didnt know what to do anymore. the engine cannot running smoothly when i turn on the air cond and regarding from that, the engine also can shut down without any signal...

Regards
wira3319
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience