KL traffic's a nightmare

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Bukit Damansara - Jalan Duta - Jalan Ipoh - Dang Wangi. How long you guy normally take to travel this? 12 October, 2012, 4:00pm from Bukit Damansara it started jam from there and it was 8:20pm when I reached Jalan Dang Wangi, KL. :turtle:No, I didn't stop, just drove non-stop. I really hoped my car is a helicopter.

ecal echal

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
got one time,morning...this was my mistake jugak la...gatal2 drove in the morning,weekdays summore... brickfield 7.02am - ampang 9.45am. nice.verrrrryyyyy nice... :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I also got caught last night in the Seremban-KL route, going back from my office took me about 2 hrs! Sigh...feeels like back in Jakarta already! What the hell was going on?? :confused:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
friday evening + raining = perfect recipe for a masive jam
Usually I drove USJ > KESAS > MRR2 > Ampang in the evening rush hour

...it took ranging from 1 to 1 hour and half to reach ampang

..but for the past week, I've tested this route and usually I can reach Ampang in 30 to 45 min tops
USJ > NPE > Sg Besi > Bulatan Pandan > Pandan Jaya > MRR2 (before Tesco Ampang)

but not yesterday... the standstill started when I merged into Sg Besi.... trying to get away, me went into Smart Tunnel (Still open) hoping to go to Bkt Bintang... there the also jam, but the good thing was it moved, in inches but still moves.. Bkt Bintang > Sultan Ismail > AKLEH

started from USJ around 5:45... arrived @ Ampang 8:45 :banghead: :bawling:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
These days, with MRT projects.. other road works, coupled with the fact that everyone wants their own car.. really need to plan & do research before venturing anywhere to avoid getting caught in a massive make shift parking lot.

Times like these.. I just put in more OT in office.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
These days, with MRT projects.. other road works, coupled with the fact that everyone wants their own car.. really need to plan & do research before venturing anywhere to avoid getting caught in a massive make shift parking lot.

Times like these.. I just put in more OT in office.
But honestly if you've been to Jakarta, you'll feel a bit relieved that you live here and not there! In Jakarta, ANY DAY & ANY TIME is jam like last night! Here at least only sometimes.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
stop complaint and buy the items below:

Pros:
1. Won't badly effect by traffic jam
2. Fuel saving
3. Cheap maintenance, road tax and insurance
4. Can have more money to buy iPhone
5. No parking fee
6. Won't further increase traffic jam problem
7. Riding with female passenger can have extra pleasure
8. And etc

Cons:

1. No face. People may look down on you.
2. Cannot show off
3. Cannot carry more passenger (if you ever fetch more than 1 person to work or travel)
4. No AC. Need to use more EDT
5. Cannot wear shorts that is too short (just in case run light)
6. Limited storage space (just enough to store helmet and etc)
7. Difficult to talk while riding (car can talk and drive)
8. And etc

Myth busted:

1. Regardless car or motorbike or bicycle, all are dangerous and can take away life. You can ride a bike and killed by a lorry same does a super car driver can die because of accident. Motorbike is only dangerous if you ride it like a mat rempit, zig zag in an open road. meanwhile many people still drink N drive or on phone while driving and die on the next minute.

2. Motorbike easy to get stolen but car has no different or even worst, if you ever see those 60 seconds drive away demo. Car tends to break your heart more especially those with loads of gadgets.

3. Car can drive faster than motorbike but a Veyron will never beat a kapchai during traffic jam.

4. Car may be comfortable but it take away your valuable life slowly by disposing it at traffic jam.

5. And etc.

Conclusion:

If you ever feel not happy with below situation, keep your car and start ride a bike:

1. Money not enough
2. Hate car import tax
3. Pissed by traffic jam
4. Always kena road hogger but can't do anything
5. Not enough time for family (most people who chose to live in KL won't feel this way)
6. Parking always full
7. Scare people know what had you done in the last summer (especially visit spa)
8 And etc.

By riding a motorbike, you will have more money to invest into those gold investment thing (like Genneva and etc) and make more fast money. You can also visit spa more often to release more pressure so the lower head won't have headache that make you keep on mumbling like the world owe you everything. If you start to ride a bicycle till the very last moment of your life, your son or daughter probably can buy a Porsche and enjoy their life on behalf of you.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah..no sweat... balakong to jalan tar exactly 30minutes away..no matter rain or shine..(riding bike)
*i got 2cars at home..one for other half..one for me..but i'll ride anyday anyway if going to work or go into kl citycenter....
p/s: my other half work in putrajaya..lesser headache when driving

you mad fulltime car drivers :rofl:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I wonder what will happen in 5 years time when there are more cars on the road... :rolleyes:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Helmet? checked
Riding Jacket? checked
boots? checked
full & proper rain suits? checked

a kapchai? err....
while we are in the subject... got B license? err... nope

but I do motorcycle-pool sometimes, but when my buddy is away to another site, back to wasting life at the jam again :banghead:

thanks csl :adore:

stop complaint and buy the items below:

Pros:
1. Won't badly effect by traffic jam
2. Fuel saving
3. Cheap maintenance, road tax and insurance
4. Can have more money to buy iPhone
5. No parking fee
6. Won't further increase traffic jam problem
7. Riding with female passenger can have extra pleasure
8. And etc

Cons:

1. No face. People may look down on you.
2. Cannot show off
3. Cannot carry more passenger (if you ever fetch more than 1 person to work or travel)
4. No AC. Need to use more EDT
5. Cannot wear shorts that is too short (just in case run light)
6. Limited storage space (just enough to store helmet and etc)
7. Difficult to talk while riding (car can talk and drive)
8. And etc

Myth busted:

1. Regardless car or motorbike or bicycle, all are dangerous and can take away life. You can ride a bike and killed by a lorry same does a super car driver can die because of accident. Motorbike is only dangerous if you ride it like a mat rempit, zig zag in an open road. meanwhile many people still drink N drive or on phone while driving and die on the next minute.

2. Motorbike easy to get stolen but car has no different or even worst, if you ever see those 60 seconds drive away demo. Car tends to break your heart more especially those with loads of gadgets.

3. Car can drive faster than motorbike but a Veyron will never beat a kapchai during traffic jam.

4. Car may be comfortable but it take away your valuable life slowly by disposing it at traffic jam.

5. And etc.

Conclusion:

If you ever feel not happy with below situation, keep your car and start ride a bike:

1. Money not enough
2. Hate car import tax
3. Pissed by traffic jam
4. Always kena road hogger but can't do anything
5. Not enough time for family (most people who chose to live in KL won't feel this way)
6. Parking always full
7. Scare people know what had you done in the last summer (especially visit spa)
8 And etc.

By riding a motorbike, you will have more money to invest into those gold investment thing (like Genneva and etc) and make more fast money. You can also visit spa more often to release more pressure so the lower head won't have headache that make you keep on mumbling like the world owe you everything. If you start to ride a bicycle till the very last moment of your life, your son or daughter probably can buy a Porsche and enjoy their life on behalf of you.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
never been to jakarta, but I've been to Medan...

They say Jakarta is way worst than Medan.... really can't imagine :confused:

Go visit Jakarta now then you'll see! :D

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Lol YYC you sound like you are a motorbike seller here :rofl: keep on promoting. Promote bicycles also lol

The reason I drive a car and not a bike is because....I dowana get rammed and fling to hell. Inside a car at least the chance of survival is higher. Malaysian drivers are crazy!
Don't get me wrong here..I like to ride bikes even though I got no license...especially in islands like pangkor

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Luckily I always riding,& as usual I would prepare a set of rain coat & spare shirt set in case I need to change after super rainy day.

So just like usual.....great crawl all around,& super cold rain but for the least not stuck for hour.Riding from Sentul to Langat only got few additional minute due to some road I need to slow down abit.Other than that nothing else.....just a normal stuff & singgah mamak for some hot tea,thats it.

Pity my car.....all hardly drive now...

Jakarta wise,I do going back & forth for each month last year for some personal business....& yeah,I just hired my regular driver to do the driving work because it super focker jam packed in each,any section of the city!!

Even bike also need some time to waited in traffic full of cars & bike sardined' each other to get on their own spot.Super bad,I cant live in that kind of the city.Where is the serenity when everytime you see is sea of autos crowding the road & honking on bobo' each minutes ?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Adapt to the environment and not ask the environment adapt you. If you can't change the situation, then change yourselves. The earth will keep on rolling regardless if you raise a 100 million participants demonstration. KL is a capital city. Packed with people from all over the place, including other states and international. Every year, countless of people moved there for study, for work, for starting a new life and etc. But the dying rate is far too low compare to the increment :rolleyes: . So it will become more packed and packed more. Plenty of problem will appear as the population is too much within a limited space and traffic jam is the 1st thing noticed followed by house/apartment price hike. On the opposite side, big shopping center like Mid Valley or 1U, luxury spa, theme park and etc will be able to build cuz the volume of people made it sustainable. Most people will be attracted by golden skin but lately started to notice the broken meat. Some can still accept but some cannot. Those who struggle of cause gonna make noise and regardless whom, men or women, poor or rich, young or old, life is still under pressure. The different is just from the form of problem. This is the price to pay when you try to squeeze into a capital city.

With my income, I dare to say I'm on mid-high income group according to KL standard. But I opt a small town to live. KL-Selangor only good for weekend shopping or monthly honeymoon. I saved at least 730 hours a year to do my own things (like going spa, modified car, blow water during TT and etc) while maintain a regular family life. Maybe I'll move to KL one day if I must visit Napshots or Kinakuniya everyday else cannot sleep.

Roads were formed according to the direction that people heading to. Quality of life was determined by those who chose and worked for it. If you have no clue on how to live a life, then you will be suffer and may need religion power to ease your soul. I can foresee my nephew is gonna be another one who will go after the so call KL life. But she is big enough to choose her path by her own decision. That's why when I see people complaint about KL, I felt funny but helpless.

I'm gonna sell off my Madass 125 (only use for going banks. So far less than 800km mileage) and buy a Vespa 150. Reason is due to wanted to make an Itasha bike to bring my son to round garden. RM4k only with new number plate (the 2 digits old number plate can go for another RM4k). Interested can pm me, csl the hijacker :rofl:

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Madass 125?It used Honda Wave 125 engine if I was not mistaken....but damnn!I already rebuilt from bottom up my engine after blowing it up in DUKE after forgot to make a service call at 45,000 KM++.....

So as my bike probably can sustain another abuse for 100,000KM mark milestone,& with some other bike(Yeah I was long timer motorcycle freak! ) so no place to park another bike...(Madass look very cool with those bicycle kinda frame & big sized 3 spokes wheel)

CSL,you're right.One of the reason that I just cant drive any of my car for work due to the Ampang traffic everyday.Although I lived in rural area in Langat,but as I entered the capital city.....well,always thanked my bike to be able to skip all that traffic jam.Not to mention it was an adventurous ride each day!Keep the andrenaline rushing slow your aging process,eh?hahaha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I feel like repainting my front bumper as it has loads of chips and scratches...BTW, my car is 2001 GTi...last time polished, last year...i fear that the outcome of the new bumper will cast a deep contrast. Will it be obvious? Silver colour looks more easy to me!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience