Jabatan Belia dan Sukan (JBS) Go-kart Activities

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
JBS Perak
- It may held at May or June at Taiping, Perak.
- Please contact Mr. Kamaruddin from JBS Perak at 05-5489500.

JBS Pulau Pinang
- the basic course has been conducted from 15-22 April.
- there will be another go-kart course.
- Please contact Mr. Rohairi from JBS Pulau Pinang at 04-2616118.

JBS Kedah
- further information after SUKMA.
- Please contact Miss siti Norbaya from JBS Kedah at 04-7203500.

Please post at here if you know any other go-kart activities at Perak, Penang, Kedah and other places. Thank you.

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Update for JBS Perak Activities

The first round of JBS Perak Activity has started at Sungai siput, Perak. It is held on every Saturday and Sunday in this whole month (May). So, there will be 8 training session at Sungai Siput. Most probably, the second round of JBS Perak Activity will be at Taiping next month.

I feel such activities will be organized at nearly every distinct at Perak. So, if you staying at Perak or somewhere near it and have younger brothers or sisters (still in primary or secondary school) who have great interest in racing, bring them to join the go-kart basic go-kart course. Or, even you can join too! Just contact the government officier I mentioned earlier.

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
where did they have the event in pg? didnt know about that. when will they have it again? in alor setar?

thank you

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
S1997 and K_Takuya

Let me explain. It is basic go-kart training training courses organized by state government in some of states like Kedah, Penang and Perak. Each state will have its own go-kart course. The participants are actually selected primary and secondary school students (about 10-18 years old, if I am not mistaken) from some schools. Since it is held by the government, it is free so that the government can give some exposure to the public about go-kart.

You all can join too, like I am ( I joined JBS Perak training course 2 years ago). For more information, just contact the government officiers I mentioned.

In Penang, it was held at a temporary go-kart track at Kompleks Batu Uban, opposite USM at Penang Island. If the Penang government has additional budget, the course will be held at actual go-kart track. Where? I am not sure.

For Kedah, the activity will begin after the SUKMA finishes. Perhaps, the event will start the earliest next month.

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
S1997
Thanks. I hope that we can share any information of go-kart events at here so that no one will be left in dark. Allow me to say this again, please post at here if you know any other go-kart activities.

kyspeaks
What do you mean? Do you mean that there are no go-kart training course at Klang Valley? If so, I don't know as I only contacted the government officiers from Perak, Penang, Kedah. For activities at Klang Valleys, you have to contact the officiers of Jabatan Belia Dan Sukan maybe at KL, Klang, Shah Alam and so on.

But really, people like you are blessed with so many karting tracks at Klang Valleys like MORAC, Citykarting and Kartquest. You may not need these government-organized activities as you can go to these tracks and train. Since I am staying at Taiping, Perak, there are not go-kart track near my home. I have to travel 1 hour to go to the nearest track which is Riverside Kart Circuit, Ipoh, Perak.

Anyway, you can visit http://morris-racing.com/kartingmalaysia/tracks.php for info on karting track at Malaysia. Or, you can join my-Kart at Shah-alam stadium. Details is at http://www.my-kart.org/.

If you really want to join government-organized activities, do call the officiers of Jabatan Belia Dan Sukan at Klang Valley. I don't know about the numbers. Maybe, you can visit www.kbs.gov.my.

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
its nice to see somebody doing something to promote karting. its how most F1 drivers... im sure we know the story...

alvinkhorfire

Feb 10, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for your praise. Just that my effort is not that big. If I have any info, I will post it here. I hope if you all have any info, you will do the same.

I come from an average family and do not have the financial budget for professional go-kart racing. Even though I spent all these years searching for go-kart information, I will still lose to those rich and lucky go-kart racers who will just spend their money training at the race track and move up the karting class. Man, they are lucky. Nothing I can do for me to catch up with them.

Whatever I do, I just hope the best. Using very few things i have, I do the my very best in karting.