IS250 extractor or header

DJ_Tommy

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
Anyone interesting of getting 1? Maybe we can go for group buy? Wat ya say guys?

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
Anyone interesting of getting 1? Maybe we can go for group buy? Wat ya say guys?
Why don't we have an IS250 T.T 1st before doing any group buys....

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
instead of putting in a header, why dun u guys supercharge the v6 with rotrex supercharger from vision? more power gains than just an expensive 2 headers right?

even with the header u will need to tune the air fuel mixture as well.

header will probably give u maybe 10hp? dunno, but supercharge will give u a min of 50hp to 80hp...becoz v6 will gain more than a straight 4 cyc

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
instead of putting in a header, why dun u guys supercharge the v6 with rotrex supercharger from vision? more power gains than just an expensive 2 headers right?

header will probably give u maybe 10hp? dunno, but supercharge will give u a min of 50hp to 80hp...becoz v6 will gain more than a straight 4 cyc
roughly is how much the rotrex supercharger will cost?

Perry Yip

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Klang

Its defenitely gain more hp, but it will not only required supercharge sys, fuel&airflow will need to modify as well, probly retuned ECU too.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
a vios with s/c will cost about rm9k with installation from vision. so i am guessing maybe 12k?

just my 2 cents :)

p.s even with a new header u will also need to retune the a/f mixture to enable a better mixture. thus u will also need to get a piggy back. might as well go for the s/c rite?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Do you guys know how much a set of aftermarket header will cost?? Anyone here check the prices yet..??
What I know is it is gonna cost a bomb!!
It will probably cost around RM8K-12K just for a full aftermarket exhaust system...

DJ_Tommy

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
Supercharger kit from vision RM18-20k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!guys?????

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Supercharger kit from vision RM18-20k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!guys?????
not cheap bro, i did see before in vision. some dude ordered it for his mark X.

but thinking of long term run. will it eventually screw up your engine?

and not many pro's out there who really have good knowledge of the engine itself.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
not cheap bro, i did see before in vision. some dude ordered it for his mark X.

but thinking of long term run. will it eventually screw up your engine?

and not many pro's out there who really have good knowledge of the engine itself.
well said. tts why must do some research before jumping into it. same goes for headers n turbos or what ever

from what i know:

theres a vios putting in a s/c now in vision running at 0.45psi of boost...meaning is very low boost level. should be ok and engine longevity will be there.

theres also a harrier in hypertune mag with a s/c running at 0.4psi? i think. this is also low boost.

best is to enquire and look at the vios/harrier dyno charts. see if the torque/hp figures are fine or not. is the fuel line ok? for vvti engines the fuel line should be steady.

from the hypertune mag, looks quite ok to me

besides for the is250...a gain of 50-80 hp will be more than enuf, due to a v6 6 cyc engine. you will definately gain more hp than a normal 4 cyc. Plus your torque levels will increase to about perhaps 300nm? 320nm? this will make your car totally diff from the stock 252nm now and very nice to drive(the key word is lots of torque low end)

but again, as said before longevity/relaibility is the key and i totally agree with that.

I am thinking:

low boost 0.45psi
proper installation with the brackets n belts. especially the main bracket...if not properly aligned...the belts may snap!!!
light tune with a piggyback
no need to change injectors/cams/ headers is the best<--save cash
perhaps a toms exhaust and a sportier suspension later with good tires.

not sure about the vios/harrier being modded
vios is 1.5litre
harrier is 2.4 litre and is the managers car from bangsar toms

just my 2 cents :) cheers

Last edited:

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
well said. tts why must do some research before jumping into it. same goes for headers n turbos or what ever

from what i know:

theres a vios putting in a s/c now in vision running at 0.45psi of boost...meaning is very low boost level. should be ok and engine longevity will be there.

theres also a harrier in hypertune mag with a s/c running at 0.4psi? i think. this is also low boost.

best is to enquire and look at the vios/harrier dyno charts. see if the torque/hp figures are fine or not. is the fuel line ok? for vvti engines the fuel line should be steady.

from the hypertune mag, looks quite ok to me

besides for the is250...a gain of 50-80 hp will be more than enuf, due to a v6 6 cyc engine. you will definately gain more hp than a normal 4 cyc. Plus your torque levels will increase to about perhaps 300nm? 320nm? this will make your car totally diff from the stock 252nm now and very nice to drive(the key word is lots of torque low end)

but again, as said before longevity/relaibility is the key and i totally agree with that.

I am thinking:

low boost 0.45psi
proper installation with the brackets n belts. especially the main bracket...if not properly aligned...the belts may snap!!!
light tune with a piggyback
no need to change injectors/cams/ headers is the best<--save cash
perhaps a toms exhaust and a sportier suspension later with good tires.

not sure about the vios/harrier being modded
vios is 1.5litre
harrier is 2.4 litre and is the managers car from bangsar toms

just my 2 cents :) cheers
Green,
I would say then go for it bro........ - if a dude in USA can twin turbo charge his ISF in the US. than why not S/C here in my.

but it would be trial and error for some - so just make sure the people handling it know what they are doing. mistakes can be extremely costly plating with the IS.

lets us know what your plans are, sure some of us can come hang with you when you're lonely at the workshop.......... no neccessary we just meet up for tt session only.

DJ_Tommy

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
for my point of view. header is a must even if u r ald SC yur IS, cuz u definately wants yur car better flow right????

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been in my seat for the past 30 or so minutes trying to figure out how I should sugarcoat the fact that this years Super GT Racequeens were somewhat .. undeserving of the title and definately lacking in number. If you attended the Super GT over the past few years, you would agree with me but then again, as always they were a big hit with the photographers. Here are some taken...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience