Is Subaru Impreza suitable for long distance travelling??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

egnck10

Hey all,
I am new and i am considering a brand new subaru impreza for my joy ride and also for my work ride. Just wanna know how suitable is the subaru impreza for long distance?? i m looking into both the 1.6 and the wrx impreza. I would also like to know how is the fuel consumption and maintenance like. I would appreciate your advise very much.

fuel consumption...full tank (GC8) gets you 350km...heard the new model does better.

can drive anywhere lah...i dun see any problem driving long distances...subaru club members go for long drives without problems...cherating, rompin, etc...

www.mysubaruclub.com

egnck10 said:
How about the maintenance for a turbo car???

turbo car maintenance of course higher than normal car...everthing is made stronger...thus more expensive...

but the normal maintenance - oils, fluids, have to use higher grade because of higher heat and stress...

this is where the evo has higher maintenance due to it having additional technology - ACD, AYC...really have to take care of these 2 parts, esp the AYC...

Most come with normal mechanical LSD, so a good quality LSD trans oil should be ok...and replacing the subaru gearbox is not as bad as replacing just the AYC on an evo...

other than that, parts are expensive like other turbo cars, subaru harder to find parts here, but ivery common and cheaper in singapore...

but i heard subaru always got transmission problem...is that true?

3370 said:
but i heard subaru always got transmission problem...is that true?

my car so far so good :D

yup turbo cars will ALWAYS come with a higher maintenance price than ur normal cars.

what do u expect lah? we dun call the evo/subaru cars performance cars for nothing u know. cheap nvr be good n good nvr be cheap.

betcha the lamborghini, maserati, ferraris even worse....

checked with n1 last time. normal service for evo wt oil filter/engine oil chg is ~ rm350?

u can expect to be the same for subaru...

[QUOTE=' xZ "]i heard full tank for impreza is RM 120++ ?!
serious shit?![/QUOTE]

i know toyota crown 3000cc is rm100 full tank

for subaru i think imposible rm120 la...GC8 only bout rm70 ful tank if not mistaken

most of the REX comes with 60Litre tank. 60Litre means that RM85-90 full tank with some fuel left.

RON 97 = 162 per litre

subaru..subaru...i really falled in love wif scooby!!...gc8 already enough!!...i luv the engine's sound....stimm ohhhhhhhh!!.

p/s: scooby's petrol consumption still cheaper compared to an E34 525i auto...really a fuel guzzler!!!...

i do about 8.1km per litre...mixed driving, highway smooth, tekan here and there, traffic jam here and there...

not too bad lah considering it is turbo and AWD...

What's the speed like at 3000rpm and 5000rpm in top gear?

Hi,

Being an owner of a 1.6ts, it is suitable for long distances. eg, yesterday went to Kulai, Johor and back to kl. The return trip took me 2hours 10mins. Speed avg between 145-160kmh. Its stock standard cept for 17in tires and rim, and the fuel consumption is approx RM50.00 for 340km. About the same for town driving.

I did not feel exhausted after the drive, seats are good, handling good, but power is lacking (but cruising at the speeds stated above isnt a problem and if youre in its sweet spot, pretty decent for a 1.6), will do some mods after the warranty period (or at least after 25,000km). Maintenance? it is not a proton (but only mitsu based proton is cheap in my book), but it isnt too expensive also. i.e, you get what you pay for.
regards

egnck10 said:
Hey all,
I am new and i am considering a brand new subaru impreza for my joy ride and also for my work ride. Just wanna know how suitable is the subaru impreza for long distance?? i m looking into both the 1.6 and the wrx impreza. I would also like to know how is the fuel consumption and maintenance like. I would appreciate your advise very much.

MK84 said:
What's the speed like at 3000rpm and 5000rpm in top gear?

i can't recall, but at 3500rpm, i think it is 125kmh...i'm using the middle ratio final drive...4.111. there is also the 3.900 and the 4.444 final drives for other models...