Is it advisable to do so...

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
best if u can find a decent car less than 30k coz later u need to save up for insurance & road tax, maintenance. summore u r still junior in driving, need to get more experience handling the car, to be patient inside the car, to learn everything bout that car, get ur hands dirty & oily, summore it doesn't run on water u know. if not later u'll have a syiok good looking car but later more washing than actually driving a car. not to break ur heart, its just my 2cents worth:biggrin:
Like bro. twistedichc mentioned, depends how much you need for the purchase. Then with the balance, you need to service it up, maybe some repairs to be done, Insurance and road tax.
What about engine transplant? That will cost a lot too.
And yah, bro. twist just reminded me, you are still junior and getting license soon, so if going with T transplant, hope you behave driving that and that is a different ball game altogether when driving a turbo car....
I've been driving my dad's car since 15 but its just a slow Avanza . Well I've been studying a lot about cars and how they work . I thot the Lancer otiginal comes with a 4g93t in it ? The only problem is I've not driven a turbo car before, but does a vtec counts? I guess its similar right ? My friend has a ek sedan with b18 and its aaawwweeesssoooommmeee! :driver::driver:

Is there any other car u guys would recommend besides the GTi ? I don't wanna wake up in the morning and not see my car in front of my house :bawling:
Btw I'm leaning more towards the mirage style Satria , what do u guys think?

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Actually, it is the CB generation that shares parts with Wira not CK. There is a difference...
Oh , sorry . My mistake

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It runs on 4g93t so I guess I can just use ron95 , then gas wouldn't be a problem . And like I've said , the CK share lots of parts with Wira so that wouldn't be a problem as well , no?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I want thank everyone who replied to my thread , u guys are really helpful :adore:
I've been driving my dad's car since 15 but its just a slow Avanza . Well I've been studying a lot about cars and how they work . I thot the Lancer otiginal comes with a 4g93t in it ? The only problem is I've not driven a turbo car before, but does a vtec counts? I guess its similar right ? My friend has a ek sedan with b18 and its aaawwweeesssoooommmeee! :driver::driver:

Is there any other car u guys would recommend besides the GTi ? I don't wanna wake up in the morning and not see my car in front of my house :bawling:
Btw I'm leaning more towards the mirage style Satria , what do u guys think?

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Oh , sorry . My mistake
Yes, you are right that Lancer originally came with 4G93T. But that is only one variant which is known as Lancer GSR. There are still many other types of old Lancers out there. Some are equipped with 4G92 MIVEC, 4G15 DOHC, 4G92 SOHC and even a 1.6 litre V6 6A10 engine. It is quite difficult to find an original Lancer GSR with 4G93T here unless you went for halfcut shops :biggrin:

Mirage style Satria are very old. I think those are around 1994 and 1995 year models. Since they are that old, chassis might not be as strong as they used to be but you can overcome this by adding bars around the car or go for autofoam. Meanwhile, Satria GTi is using the C99 chassis which is already reinforced with extra welding right out from the factory which is one of the reason why GTi is much sought after by enthusiast. Price gap between old Mirage styled Satria and GTi can be quite big, probably two times the amount of difference...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
GTI is still & always be a thief magnet, always equip your car with steering lock to deter thief.
if possible get an aftermarket GPS alarm system.
True story.

get a good 10-12k modded car...

then use the balance to maintain/upgrade what leftout from the previous owner... = happy drive
My type of choice :love:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hehe, I would buy an old skool car at cheap price, rebuilt it reliably, upgrade it with the extra money..........and enjoy the ride.

Of course, it is just me.
Sorry, off topic la.

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, you are right that Lancer originally came with 4G93T. But that is only one variant which is known as Lancer GSR. There are still many other types of old Lancers out there. Some are equipped with 4G92 MIVEC, 4G15 DOHC, 4G92 SOHC and even a 1.6 litre V6 6A10 engine. It is quite difficult to find an original Lancer GSR with 4G93T here unless you went for halfcut shops :biggrin:

Mirage style Satria are very old. I think those are around 1994 and 1995 year models. Since they are that old, chassis might not be as strong as they used to be but you can overcome this by adding bars around the car or go for autofoam. Meanwhile, Satria GTi is using the C99 chassis which is already reinforced with extra welding right out from the factory which is one of the reason why GTi is much sought after by enthusiast. Price gap between old Mirage styled Satria and GTi can be quite big, probably two times the amount of difference...
How much would it cost to autofoam a car like that? If I did get the Mirage styled Satria , would u recommend a 4g92 or 4g93t?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

hehe, I would buy an old skool car at cheap price, rebuilt it reliably, upgrade it with the extra money..........and enjoy the ride.

Sorry, off topic la.
I like the Datsun 510 coupe :rofl:, are there any in Malaysia tho?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Vtec power comes at a higher rpm like 6k, turbo comes from 3.5k, but Vtec is higher revving...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Sorry, off topic la.
KE70 or TA22 Celica. :biggrin:

How much would it cost to autofoam a car like that? If I did get the Mirage styled Satria , would u recommend a 4g92 or 4g93t?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I like the Datsun 510 coupe :rofl:, are there any in Malaysia tho?
I don't really know about the cost of autofoam. Just heard of it before. Sorry about that.

Well, for me, I would recommend getting 4G92 MIVEC as it gives out better FC and cheaper maintenance. Ease of control and handling are also better in a NA car compared to a turbo car. But if you're aiming for raw power or pickup, 4G93T is better...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
KJU : Dude.. here's my 2 cents. I'm guessing that 35k you saved up is from allowance + part time jobs and then some. You don't talk/type like a typical 17 year old so either you're very mature for your age or you're a troller. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm also going to assume you're a full time student. Here's my take on 4G93T vs SOHC.

Any 4G9x engine is expensive to maintain. By expensive, I mean it's not exactly cheap but cheaper than a Euro car. 4G1x engines on the other hand are super cheap to maintain. Nothing is cheaper to maintain than a 4G1x engine.

Turbo on the other hand is more troublesome and more expensive to maintain than NA. While turbo is very addictive it's more sensitive to heat and generally costs more to maintain since there are more parts, higher wear, more frequent oil changes, etc.

Since you're a student with 35k cash in hand - sure you can buy the Lancer 4G93T. But I think you'll struggle to maintain the car after the cash runs out. You're better off buying a simple car like the Wira 1.5L (4G15) and modding that if you're into modding. It's cheap to replace parts, compatible with Lancer parts (sort of), easy to DIY (if you learn and have the tools) and it's not really high on the thief list.

Otherwise just spend the 35k on a new Proton Persona LE or Perodua Axia. Zero maintenance concerns and piece of mind. But relatively boring. Modding isn't an issue, just a matter of how creative you are.

A 20+ year old Lancer, you need to look out for accident damage, rust, weak seams and possibility of transplanted engine, ie-non original engine. Too much hassle to find a good one. Unless you know people la.

Modified cars are interesting, but you don't know the history of the car, the quirks of the car, the habits and tendencies of the car. Risky to buy modified cars because unexpected things can suddenly pop up unless the car is from a friend who can advise how to maintain and characteristics and all. Everyone modifies their cars differently. No 2 modified cars are the same imho.

Honda VTEC is nothing like forced induction Turbo/Supercharge. VTEC is NA and has something to do with valves and the VTEC solenoid and is not cheap at all to mod, play, buy, everything.

Anyway, in conclusion I think you should consider a manual Wira 1.5 (non aeroback). Doesn't matter Siemens VDO or MMC, both are good. Only thing to look out for is rust but other than that personally I think it's a good place to start.

Kim Jong Un

Jan 8, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
KJU : Dude.. here's my 2 cents. I'm guessing that 35k you saved up is from allowance + part time jobs and then some. You don't talk/type like a typical 17 year old so either you're very mature for your age or you're a troller. But I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm also going to assume you're a full time student. Here's my take on 4G93T vs SOHC.

Any 4G9x engine is expensive to maintain. By expensive, I mean it's not exactly cheap but cheaper than a Euro car. 4G1x engines on the other hand are super cheap to maintain. Nothing is cheaper to maintain than a 4G1x engine.

Turbo on the other hand is more troublesome and more expensive to maintain than NA. While turbo is very addictive it's more sensitive to heat and generally costs more to maintain since there are more parts, higher wear, more frequent oil changes, etc.

Since you're a student with 35k cash in hand - sure you can buy the Lancer 4G93T. But I think you'll struggle to maintain the car after the cash runs out. You're better off buying a simple car like the Wira 1.5L (4G15) and modding that if you're into modding. It's cheap to replace parts, compatible with Lancer parts (sort of), easy to DIY (if you learn and have the tools) and it's not really high on the thief list.

Otherwise just spend the 35k on a new Proton Persona LE or Perodua Axia. Zero maintenance concerns and piece of mind. But relatively boring. Modding isn't an issue, just a matter of how creative you are.

A 20+ year old Lancer, you need to look out for accident damage, rust, weak seams and possibility of transplanted engine, ie-non original engine. Too much hassle to find a good one. Unless you know people la.

Modified cars are interesting, but you don't know the history of the car, the quirks of the car, the habits and tendencies of the car. Risky to buy modified cars because unexpected things can suddenly pop up unless the car is from a friend who can advise how to maintain and characteristics and all. Everyone modifies their cars differently. No 2 modified cars are the same imho.

Honda VTEC is nothing like forced induction Turbo/Supercharge. VTEC is NA and has something to do with valves and the VTEC solenoid and is not cheap at all to mod, play, buy, everything.

Anyway, in conclusion I think you should consider a manual Wira 1.5 (non aeroback). Doesn't matter Siemens VDO or MMC, both are good. Only thing to look out for is rust but other than that personally I think it's a good place to start.
Hi , izso taikor . Why would u even think that I'm a troll ? :hmmmm: Before this , I was hoping to get a Satria GTi since 15 , but I've manage to save up more than I thot . And I thot to myself, since I'm gonna put a GSR into the GTi sooner or later , why not getting something that already has it and more unique .
But I think I'm gonna get the Mirage style Satria and maybe have a 4g92 in it . Are there anymore ways to make an old chassis strong again besides autofoam and adding bars?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Kim Jong Un drives a tank man. Why a Lancer?
Nah... Tanks are stupidcars :thefinger:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Well written but a slight error at 'piece of mind' part. :biggrin:

Eh, but why Wira 1.5 non aeroback?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You don't even have a job.. right? Buy something newer and easier/cheaper to maintain.

Buying the car is one thing. It's used..then you have to clean it up, new tyres, replace wear and tear etc. It all adds up.

Simple example..A used Myvi EZi, RM17k

Absorbers = RM380 new
Absoerber mounting RM60 each = RM120 new
Steering rack = RM400 give or take..half cut
Drive shaft = RM280 * 2 = RM560, brand new, don't buy half cut sure die
Tyres = RM150 each = RM600
3rd brake light bulb = RM5
Anti roll bar links = RM40 each IIRC.. RM80 for pair, new
Air filter = RM30
ATF = RM40
Engine oil = RM80
Filter = RM8
Air con cabin fitler = RM20
brake fluid = RM18
brake pads + rotor = RM200
spark plug = RM50
**air con service ~RM200
**air con compressor ~RM800

So.. on top of the price of the car, the insurance, name transfer, you gotta fork another RM2591 excluding the ** items..***NOT INCLUDING LABOR*** considering this price you're buying a 1st gen Myvi.. circa 2005. That's roughly the wear/tear parts that got to be changed.

As always, I recommend the Proton Savvy in manual trim for people who needs a vehicle as a means of transportation. Plus it helps when its your first Lotus.

Circa RM6k will give you many choices. Throw in RM2k for wear/tear work and below RM10k you have a Lotus.

As for the Lancer CK..its old, sure.. parts aplenty.. but depending on what goes wrong - and many things can go wrong for a car that old..it may cost a lot to fix..especially workmanship costs.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, I am not going to worry about what car you are going to get.
What I am interested to know is how much ringgit you have every month just for spending on running the car you are going to get. So if you have a stream of ringgit flowing in every month or so, don't worry, just match that number to the corresponding car.
By the way, many youngsters nowadays are very enterprising, so being young like mark zuckerberg when he uploaded his face isn't bad at all.

Jan 12, 2015
uk
Just joined this site to get urgent help from all you guys out there. WHY is it impossible to find anywhere that sells parts/spares for my 2005 Proton Gen 2 ? No one in the Uk can seem to tell me if parts from another model of proton or parts from another make of car are compatible. Currently URGENTLY need all handbrake cables as previous owner wrenched current ones beyond use. cannot get mot without new cables. HELP PLEASE !

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just joined this site to get urgent help from all you guys out there. WHY is it impossible to find anywhere that sells parts/spares for my 2005 Proton Gen 2 ? No one in the Uk can seem to tell me if parts from another model of proton or parts from another make of car are compatible. Currently URGENTLY need all handbrake cables as previous owner wrenched current ones beyond use. cannot get mot without new cables. HELP PLEASE !
Why not ask Proton UK? If someone were to help you from Malaysia, it's RM250 (estimated) which is about 45 British pounds. Shipping would probably cost another 10 - 15 pounds. Unfortunately I don't think there's any compatible part (length wise). The closest is probably a Mitsubishi Lancer I think.

Can you just get the length of the original cable (estimated based on your own one) then go to the parts shop and have them give you something that's close to the same length or shorter (since your original one is probably stretched)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Why not ask Proton UK? If someone were to help you from Malaysia, it's RM250 (estimated) which is about 45 British pounds. Shipping would probably cost another 10 - 15 pounds. Unfortunately I don't think there's any compatible part (length wise). The closest is probably a Mitsubishi Lancer I think.

Can you just get the length of the original cable (estimated based on your own one) then go to the parts shop and have them give you something that's close to the same length or shorter (since your original one is probably stretched)
I agree with bro. Izso, check with Proton UK. After market depends on the amount of car that are sold. If market is small, most would not import.

Bro. Izso,
Gen2 not base on Lancer, right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just done DIY Install Stromberg for my Charade Aura. I bought 6 units of Stromberg from Zerotohundred fellow nick name GTR a.k.a Ron. But since my V6 is at the workshop for upgrading my brake system so I decided to install these units into my Charade Aura first.

Later on I consult with Ron about this project. He said that my Charade should use only one big unit of Stromberg only:confused_smile: . He said that my car will jerking like Kancil. So I decided to test drive and found out...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience