In need of tender loving care - Proton Satria

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Hey, coincidently, today I saw a Viper Green Satria. With 4 holes drilled on the rear bumper like Civics.
In Subang Parade 7pm. Is that u?

Btw, I would go for gunmetal or a black. Not sure which code just not the Proton's tranquility black.
HI Car,

no , surely was not mine. .

gunmetal added to the list..thanks

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Camo green with Dupont lacquer or Glasurit. The bright red candy apple red highlight stripes. :biggrin:

But a good painter can do wonders with Dupont/Nippon without having to spend so much money on Glasurit.

I know a certain VW/Volvo panel that does an incredible job with paint jobs, but unless your car is a VW/Volvo, expect to pay through your nose for their workmanship. About 8k thereabouts. Their final product is resistant to small stone chips and all and Glasurit isn't used to achieve this result.
thanks Izso,

another concern, would the painter use glasurit lacquer in actual or they might use some abc lacquer...how to determine..

also, please advise wat product is used to resist against smaill stone chips..

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
im a sucker for grey. would suggest the E8 MR Gunmetal Grey A39.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
thanks Izso,

another concern, would the painter use glasurit lacquer in actual or they might use some abc lacquer...how to determine..

also, please advise wat product is used to resist against smaill stone chips..
I guess it's all up to the integrity of the painter. Hence the need to find one that's reputable and reliable since you don't know any. Perhaps recommendation through friends?

And how it resists stone chips is the workmanship of the painter. Use cheap ass lacquer and it will resist leaves at most. Everything else will chip. So far I've seen Dupont and Glasurit work quite well.

Alternatively you can opt for the cheap paint, then straight away do this paint 'condom' which is some sort of protective layer. Or opt for the glass layer treatment for the whole car? I dunno. I personally keep spare paint stock at home to DIY touch up.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

lowered my ride with sport spring:regular_smile: throw in a set of 17s:shades_smile: throw in a bodykit :X-: but...too can't park in the midvalley car park today :mouth_closed: how ????????????? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dowan to take out any of those things installed on my ride. been thinking of adding a bush in it . any more help ?too low cant even go many parking la here.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience