IHI RHC7 1jz help me please!

pyke

Dec 16, 2008
well sorry for making this on a import fourm but i am a 2.2 chev cobalt.
i recently bought a IHI RHC7 1jz and plan to put it on my car.
well i been told that this will blow my motor because the exhaust side is to big.
well my motor is built for boost and its sleved. all forged internals and the head is being build soon.
just wondering if anyone can help me under stand this turbo, i went from a GT2871R to this HUGE monster!

thanks

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
i got a IHI RHC6 in the hse its the same as TD06 20g max hp around 400hp and max boost at atound 1.6 -1..8bar....do u have any pic of ur turbo ???????/

pyke

Dec 16, 2008
Do you know anything about oil to the turbo do i need to restrict it any or is it okay to be full open?

heres some pics

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i think its going to be too big for ur cobalt. u can try to change the turbine housing to a smaller size. maybe T3 a/r 0.82 but i'm not sure if you can use garrett turbine housing on IHI turbo.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
well sorry for making this on a import fourm but i am a 2.2 chev cobalt.
i recently bought a IHI RHC7 1jz and plan to put it on my car.
well i been told that this will blow my motor because the exhaust side is to big.
well my motor is built for boost and its sleved. all forged internals and the head is being build soon.
just wondering if anyone can help me under stand this turbo, i went from a GT2871R to this HUGE monster!

thanks
tell me whts the reading at the exhaust housing, there should be some numbers over there
if its too big, it wont blow ur engine, it will just be laggy n not make power, u need something thats sweet n nice. the most important thing for a big turbo like this is TUNE :)

pyke

Dec 16, 2008
looks like it says Q35E and on the other said it says A5
the motor is being built sleeves, rods, pistons, the whole 9 yeards

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
i have one of this turbo...can find ar 0.78 back housing from the lorry chopshop around segambut...if the diameter of lorry is small just lathe it to fit...anyway what is your ori ar?it look like 1.++ ar

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
Q35 is very huge mate.

where you located please ?

we may have a smaller used turbine housing sitting on the shelf, no promises.
As for oil, it's ok to go full flow.
Could you snap a picture of the IHI name plate, it'll tell us more about the turbo.

pyke

Dec 16, 2008
i have one of this turbo...can find ar 0.78 back housing from the lorry chopshop around segambut...if the diameter of lorry is small just lathe it to fit...anyway what is your ori ar?it look like 1.++ ar
I have NO clue what your talking about sorry about that. can you help me understand some more.

Bump:
Q35 is very huge mate.

where you located please ?

we may have a smaller used turbine housing sitting on the shelf, no promises.
As for oil, it's ok to go full flow.
Could you snap a picture of the IHI name plate, it'll tell us more about the turbo.
yup i will do that right now here you go.
sorry my camera wouldnt take a clear shot but here is the stuff it says:

spec:VQ41FCW37S
Serial No.: RHC7 7114303
Parts No.: blank
IHI JAPAN

and above the tag it say TAC-37

and i am located in Nova Scotia, Canada

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
I have NO clue what your talking about sorry about that. can you help me understand some more.

Bump:

yup i will do that right now here you go.
sorry my camera wouldnt take a clear shot but here is the stuff it says:

spec:VQ41FCW37S
Serial No.: RHC7 7114303
Parts No.: blank
IHI JAPAN

and above the tag it say TAC-37

and i am located in Nova Scotia, Canada
opps sorry mate..i thought you from kl,that's why you don't know segambut..

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
apparently VQ41 = RHF4 = used on Daihatsu Diesel...hmm...but your name plate details are all wrong.

Prob the person who made this turbo had the "intention" to midlead others..so if you tried ordering for the same turbo...you'd get a wrong spec !

Anyway if u'd like you could look up local performance shop to help you downsize the Q35 turbine housing...way too large now to use.

pyke

Dec 16, 2008
apparently VQ41 = RHF4 = used on Daihatsu Diesel...hmm...but your name plate details are all wrong.

Prob the person who made this turbo had the "intention" to midlead others..so if you tried ordering for the same turbo...you'd get a wrong spec !

Anyway if u'd like you could look up local performance shop to help you downsize the Q35 turbine housing...way too large now to use.
so my best bet is to stick with the GT2871R i have then

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
pyke mate..why not talk to the local turbo re-builders..they might be able to help you out with something.

GT2871 is good ...probably for now and if you wanna bump up more power..try a GT35R..it should be good to give you 500-600 horsies. :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Former FIA president Max Mosley is preparing to launch a "comeback", according to an Italian report.

The usually authoritative 422race.com website said the 70-year-old Briton, who headed F1's governing body for 16 years until 2009, is secretly planning with his supporters to "reduce the power" of his successor Jean Todt by proposing rules changes.

The coup will reportedly take place at the FIA's next general...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience