How To Prevent Your Vehicle From Being Stolen

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Re: How to avoid car get stolen..?

The best idea is...summon a doreamon...ask him to keep for u.. LOL

i oso scared of tow truck only... since, no matter how good i've done... they just tow it away.... easy.

how bout we buy the clamp like the pak guard at condo and we clamped our car...?

What about GSM tracking devices? The one that uses phone signal n gps to determine location of your car. You can even immobilise the engine using you mobile phone.

GSM and other satellite tracking devices are line-of-sight. Like Jin said, they drive your car into a basement carpark or even a shipping container and your nice GSM unit is effectively blinded. GSM is also compromised merely by driving under trees or in thunderstorm conditions. They can also simply disable your GSM antenna which, again because of line-of-sight requirements, is usually located much more visibly on your car.

RF (radio frequency) tracking devices on the other hand does not rely on line-of-sight, but does not give as precise a tracking signal as GSM. The unit can be installed more discretely in the car without obvious antennas showing. For this to work, the RF tracking service provider has RF monitoring stations coverage all over the country (sort of like mobile handphone towers) to track your signal. The monitoring station gives a general location of the vehicle. However, in order to get a more precise location fix, they need to send out dedicated mobile tracking teams (ground or air units) to triangulate on the radio signal. If they drive your car into an area where the security company has no RF coverage (for example, across the border), then you are shit out of luck. They could also strip your car of valuable stuff before the tracking teams are able to precisely locate.

GSM units give an immediate precise location fix. RF units don't.
GSM units are Line-Of-Sight. RF units does not require L-O-S.
In terms of privacy GSM units are better because only the car owner is in a position to monitor the vehicle whereas with RF units, a security tracking company has a good idea of your movement habits. You need to pay an annual service charge to the Security tracking company for their services but you also have the backing of their entire establishment to track your vehicle should that become necessary.

Both got pros and cons lor.

so its going to be,
1. instal alarm+immobilizer+gps tracking
2. tinted 9mm
3. quick release
4. clamped

does it cover all...?
hehehe...:biggrin:

At least the 9mm tint will slow them down... If they try to break in by breaking the windows...

9mil holds bout 1 min only... hahahaha... but if for some pro, less than 30 sec...

9mil holds bout 1 min only... hahahaha... but if for some pro, less than 30 sec...

i thought i saw the video at the tinted shop,
take them so damn long to knock the window with a helmet and brick...
nearly 10mins...
then only it start to tear apart...

i thought i saw the video at the tinted shop,
take them so damn long to knock the window with a helmet and brick...
nearly 10mins...
then only it start to tear apart...

not 10min la... is bout 44 sec only... hahaha...
but u can see the way they hits the glass... not pro enuf...
i dun think those who wanna break ur glass will using helmet or brick kua... damn funny...hahaha...
try using axe, then record it to prove for their customer lor... hahahaa...

Build your own knight rider, if you are genius enough.:biggrin:
Oh, only the body is not as strong as the kngiht rider pontiac or mustang lah.

park ur car at nice place(u know la), install the higher end alarm system plus gps tracking system & auto shut down function 1, atleast 9 mil of tinted from branded security film company, clutch & brake pedal lock & if wan more good enuf, get a gas pedal lock as well. atleast 2 difren type of lock nut, immobilizer system with high db speakers, cut off suis, battery terminal lock with steel braided hose for protection, extra security hood lock system & finally, hidden camera that can connect thru net & can see image from internet.
i think thats oredi good enuf liao...

me just newbie, dun shoot me... thanks..

spent money here no money to mod already ha ha ha,,,.......

spent money here no money to mod already ha ha ha,,,.......

Haha, save your money for mod, we are moving towards electric hybrid cars.:wavey:

Haha, save your money for mod, we are moving towards electric hybrid cars.:wavey:

battery that rm200 or below oso no money to buy liao, even the car(New car somemore) oredy stuck at roadside cos of battery kong(didn't off the head lights), or old battery is been used for 2 yrs edy, change a rm200 or below battery oso says no money la, workshop chop ppl la....

u think those ppl(most of the malaysian car owner) will to pay for those very high cost, high technology battery for Electric Hybrid Vehicle..???

i dun think so lor....

not 10min la... is bout 44 sec only... hahaha...
but u can see the way they hits the glass... not pro enuf...
i dun think those who wanna break ur glass will using helmet or brick kua... damn funny...hahaha...
try using axe, then record it to prove for their customer lor... hahahaa...

demn... 44 sec only?? Need to find who mod cars for US secret service... where those car are equip with bulletproof windows and windshield... but then it will cost da' bomb... :banghead::rofl:

battery that rm200 or below oso no money to buy liao, even the car(New car somemore) oredy stuck at roadside cos of battery kong(didn't off the head lights), or old battery is been used for 2 yrs edy, change a rm200 or below battery oso says no money la, workshop chop ppl la....

u think those ppl(most of the malaysian car owner) will to pay for those very high cost, high technology battery for Electric Hybrid Vehicle..???

i dun think so lor....

Plus there's no facilities are build yet for these Hybrid Vehicle... Such as, charging station...

demn... 44 sec only?? Need to find who mod cars for US secret service... where those car are equip with bulletproof windows and windshield... but then it will cost da' bomb... :banghead::rofl:

those army using is at-least 25mil... can hold down AK47 in distance of 25 meter near...
not legal in malaysia, but if u wan, can apply the permit for those tinted. i can let u know roughly how much for normal bullet proof with 12-15mil for front driver side's window... rm550-rm850 per window.

as i mentioned above, thief nowdays oredi intelligent enough in term steal a car.... no matter u try to stop them by installed sophisticated gadget, they still can break in and take ur car away.... :smokin:

Haha, I take buses nowadays, save money mah, oso no need afraid car theft parking outside.
Not only car thefts a lot, thefts in my office also getting more cases.:smokin: Economy so bad, really no choice, org miskin getting miskin more, therefore they make their livings by stealing, I think.
Mmmm, the richer you are, the earlier the target you will be. Save your money and invest your time and money to study and design new way to prevent thefts lah.:rolleyes:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom