How to make your DIY grounding tidier

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Don't like the messy look of the engine bay with all the colorful cables? Want to have a more "original look"?

Try this: http://drexchan.fotopic.net/p12175540.html

Material needed:
1. cable organizer of various sizes and length according to the cable thickness and layout. Can be found in ACE hardware, MidValley although th eprice is slightly steep. RM1.80 per foot for 1/4" and RM2.xx for 3/4".

2. black color cable tie, thinest possible. I use the 3-mm.

Tools: go figure out yourself.. hehe!!

Time spent: less than 1 hour at the porch.

Step-by-step:
1. Figure out the best layout. Slightly organize them using cable ties. i prefer to have a single harness with branches at the ends.
2. measure the length for each size of cable organizer needed.
3. go to ACE hardware.. haha!!
4. start with the single-cable branches. Then follow by the main harness. Cover the smaller ones with the bigger organizer.
5. Secure the overlapping area with cable ties.
6. Secure the completed harness at the various point over the engine bay. The path along the throttle cable is a good place for me.

Happy DIY!! :)

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
nicely done dude!!

but one prob will rise in future.. after after heavy rain.. ur "cable organizer" will get dirt on de grooves... n dat very hard to clean wan..

anyway.. it will still give u a "stock" look to ur engine bay B)

ierulink

Jan 17, 2005
Selangor
Visit site
why not use heat shrink. it comes in variety of colors. btw, check out the max. operating range. there are other products that can be used, TFT PTFE tubing.. etc.. etc. just my 0.02 cents. ;)

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by ierulink@Feb 28 2005, 11:51
why not use heat shrink. it comes in variety of colors. btw, check out the max. operating range. there are other products that can be used, TFT PTFE tubing.. etc.. etc. just my 0.02 cents. ;)
heat shrink? it doen't give the 'stock' look. The organizer won't melt at the hood temperature lar..

lcchong

Known Member
May 18, 2009
can some1 pls comment the grounding points for this diagram? can remember from with website....... :confused:

Attachments

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Wah Drex...damn clean engine man...i think can repair your car in white long sleeve shirt also can.

Nice and tidy...very cool. But sure it can take the heat?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I need help from you guys. I'm trying to find 2nd hand woofer or sub woofer and CD + MP3 player. Can you guys help me on that?

Thanks,

Regards,
ajis2040
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience