radicaliez

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
kuala lumpur
www.radical.com.my
hi guys,
i think a lot of of you guys have this so call 'problem'
standard kancil 660 aircond in the middle of afternoon not that good rite,
so how to make it cooler, some say modified the compressor or fit extra fan at condenssor...which is good?

any new suggestion?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
if change to L5 dashboard how???
it is nearer compare to ori kancil dashboard
logically it is better la
so sifus out there pls help on this

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
IMO, u can try fitting a bigger compressor but to the expense of engine power.

the best you should do is - install an additional fan in front of the compressor bcoz as we all know kancil has only 1 fan to serve the purpose of cooling radiator and condenser.

2ndly, use cloth seat instead of leather or vinyl trim.

3rdly, try not to park car under sunshine.

4thly, install a good tinted glass including front windscreen

5th, when car is parked under sunshine, try opening all the doors to release warm air before start driving.

6th before operating the air cond, try use ONLY the blower fan to remove warm air from the cooling coil. this may take about 20-30 seconds then you can activate the air cond.

7thly, get one car with the best aircond better than many other cars - the satria and wira.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
i dunno how big is the kancil's condensor, but if there's extra space, i would get a bigger one, and fit a bigger stronger fan, and also mod the front grill/bumper so that it let just abit more air in, you know, every little bit helps.

but too big of a condensor isn't the solution either, if your cooling coil isn't up to the task, it can freeze instead.

radicaliez

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
kuala lumpur
www.radical.com.my
fitting extra fan at the condensor is much cheaper...only cost rm 200 ringgit compare to change and mod the compressor...for me power is not a concern..it is kancil..it wont go fast...heheheh

is anyone experience of after install extra fan? i dont want to do a lot of mod for the aircond.

lantoi

Oct 18, 2006
My kancil 850 '97 fitted with kenari specs compressor and second cooling fan. The works improve a lot in terms of cooling but fc teruk. Had to use eco mode get better fc (less a/c engaged) and switch off a/c when overtaking. Whole exercise cost around rm700

radicaliez

Known Member
Mar 19, 2005
kuala lumpur
www.radical.com.my
guys,
i already got a very good solution for the kancil standard aircond problem,
just wanna share you all
i been replace the whole cooling coil and valve taken from daihatsu mira, its fit kancil cooling coil bay perfect,
the advantage of it,
bigger cooling coil which make more cooler. i really satisfy....

jpjsuck

Jul 8, 2006
before i own 1 660..olso facing same problem..i send for service 7 they chg 'codensor' if not mistaken...but after tat very cool like new

Afiez

Oct 3, 2006
a quick d.i.y solution. behind the glove box there are a small black box, got a some sort of adjuster there. normal kancil is in center position. turn that thing (i don't remember clockwise or counter clockwise), it should make the condenser do more, of course this works in a standard normal kancil air-con.

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Actually perodua air cond sucks.My kelisa can't feel anything especially the the side air cond.During hot days,i can't feel anything only can feel hot air