Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

How To Make A GSR T or Evo Engine Sound like Subaru,Scooby??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

VtecZz&TurboZz

1,000 RPM
Hi to Mitsubishi members or non mitsubishi members , i have a question here ...

How To make A Gsr T or Evo Engine sound like Subaru when Start Engine n the muffler got scooby sound ? It is we add something into Gsr T or Evo engine then can have Scooby Sound or Do Something on the exhaust then got Scooby Sound ?? Need Some1 help ..

Thanks

the reason why scooby have the burble or boxer sound is due the engine layout of a boxer engine which uses an unequal length of the exhaust manifold..
so if any car wan to have the burble sound of a scooby i would think you need to change your exhaust manifold to be unequel length which is quite hard for normal engine...

however the new soocby are loosing out on the burble sound due to twin scrool turbo which has equal lenght exhaust manifold...

hope this helps

Yup,v9 boxer sound silence .. But whr can i find the manifold ? as i ask 1 of my japan fren b4,he tels me tht if a Evo engine or GSR T wan to get a boxer sound , 1st of all need to change big Exhaust inlet 3'5" out let 5" n piping must 3'5" .then will have a bit boxer sound but no power , 2nd change extractor .. forgot wht kind of extractor ,as i know it cant be find at malaysia or else need to customise it then the boxer sound abit loud but still not enof if compare wif original subaru lol .. 3rd about the monifold can use GSr T or Evo original but inside need to mod something ..but im not sure all of this wokrs o not .. So Any more ZTH member out thr answer my question ? thanks

Want to get boxer sound? Take a big rock and hit your muffler until it has a hole in it. No kidding, my friend's 1.8 DOHC sounds like a Subaru after his muffler koyak.

Seriously, if you can tune the extractor lengths well enough I'm sure you can achieve the sound. However, as you mentioned yourself, it will lose power.

But it's recommended to keep an Evo sounding like an Evo. You will probably get labeled as a wannabe if you make it sound like a Subaru. Even Scooby owners will slap their foreheads and shake their heads.

yeap.... y u wan to make a Evo sound like a scooby? Evo also sound good. :)

aiyoh...wanna sound like scooby?

simple and it's FREE!

take out one plug cable. straight sound like one.

noticed it once when my plug cable popped out from the coil packs in the middle of the highway...hahahahah betul betul sound like one! LOL!

simple and it's FREE!

noticed it once when my plug cable popped out from the coil packs in the middle of the highway...hahahahah betul betul sound like one! LOL!

this 1 u can ask Fatality about it also, he took a the spark plug or something from his civic and it sounds like a boxer engine sound

simple and it's FREE!

this 1 u can ask Fatality about it also, he took a the spark plug or something from his civic and it sounds like a boxer engine sound

it has all been explained by Mafia Boyz. fyi, other than Subarus, u can also hear similar engine/exhaust noise from Porsches and previous Alfa Romeos that are using Boxer engines.

IMO present Alfa using in-line engines do have such noise character but it would not reveal it here. trade secret..he he buy an alfa!

yea...i told my fren that ah fat's honda city transplanted scooby engine...that time he passed us by with one plug cable out and rev away...my fren really believed it was scooby engine...haha

hahaha.....want scooby sound is it?well.....experience this before.do this only on 4g63t.i don't think 93t will work.keep the exhaust layout as usual.let say if u use 3",3" all the way.remove the resonator(bullet).only keep the rear muffler.buy an adjustable cam pulley.any brand will do.after install it,keep the intake side on 0.(standard).retard the exhaust side to 3-4 degree.ten...ten...ten.....scooby sound.:regular_smile: .if it's not working try again but this time advance the exhaust.(hehehe...can remeber liow whether retard or advance)if it's work,try n go to a shop with mirror all over the front of the shop.guaranty the mirror shake.......happy tuning vtezzz n turbozzz.....

Very easy. Change your camshaft to high performance camshaft(282,293,302) if you want your sound like Subaru. And your car sound will be like boop,boop,boop,boop,boop.........................

GT AUTO ,

My fren did it , but no sounds...haha..juz like this bus sound ... hahaha..he using 3" down pipe , 3" inlet 4.5"outlet .. aerospeed cam pulley..wht do u mean 3-4 degree ?

another way if to go for high cam... your idling won;t be steady.. causing the bop bop bop... but while driving.. no more boxer sound..

my fren got fuel pump spoilt b4, got bop..bop..bop..bop..sound also, not enuf petrol supported, hahaha..

btw i think different hi cam got different sound..

Hahaha,I got a civic .. When the plug cable drop off n then got the sound .. but i don like this ..its not safe .. So anyway to have tuning or add on something then can make the sound

GT AUTO ,

My fren did it , but no sounds...haha..juz like this bus sound ... hahaha..he using 3" down pipe , 3" inlet 4.5"outlet .. aerospeed cam pulley..wht do u mean 3-4 degree ?

what i told u earlier is just for idling.if u want to rev n still want it to sound like
scooby,well......buy a scooby lor.....hehehehe...:_: .u don't know meh what is
retard n advance?hmmmm....how should i put it ar?u buy adj campulley so u
can adj the cam angle right?there's two way to adj it.retard n advance.there's a marking on the campulley written advance n retard.u can see it.

Main thing is the exhaust manifold... just make the 1st and 3rd cyllinder pipes longer than the 1st and 4th ones before connecting them together. Thats the main source of the boxer exhaust note.

Cam timing only works during idle.

A Post Every 5 Mins

When it rains it pours and Caterham have followed up on the introduction of its first new model in over 15 years, the SP/300R, with a new variant of its core model, the timeless Seven.

Dubbed the Seven Supersport, it's named after the race-prepped version that plies its trade in the one-make Caterham Supersport Championship. As is the norm with...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom