how to maintain car voltage at 12vdc?

matthewtan

Feb 28, 2006
I wanted to install an amp which stated that the voltage supply cannot exceed more than 13.5vdc.......... In car the voltage can peak to 14.4vdc.

Anyone out there can give me any suggestion how to maintain my car voltage between 12vdc to 13.5vdc?

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
install a digital fuse... so u dun hav to worry ur amp roask....
or u wan then u install a capacitor (big bomb)

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
normally amp is rated at 14v
nothing 1 lah...just do some proper grounding and and a good voltage stabilizer should help

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
erm , i never saw an amp is able to go to 13.5 only...i think u misread the voltage is it? is it the normal working voltage or the recommend voltage or the amp can generate maximum output at 13.5V like 150rmsx2 @ 13.5 ??

fyi, VS, digital fuse and anything wont make ur voltage change..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
normally amps n electrical stuff in a car can accept a range of voltage from 11V - 15V/16V like dat... n most amps work efficiently at 13.8V...

i dun think 13.5V is the limit of the amp.. i think no manufacturer would be so dumb to make such amp with 13.5V limit...

a voltage stabilizer is to stabilize voltage... not REGULATE voltage.. so it wun help... n fuse works on current... not voltage... n this is not de case for fuse tho...

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
khguan said:
normally amps n electrical stuff in a car can accept a range of voltage from 11V - 15V/16V like dat... n most amps work efficiently at 13.8V...

i dun think 13.5V is the limit of the amp.. i think no manufacturer would be so dumb to make such amp with 13.5V limit...

a voltage stabilizer is to stabilize voltage... not REGULATE voltage.. so it wun help... n fuse works on current... not voltage... n this is not de case for fuse tho...
ermmm... voltage stabilizer does regulate voltage. In a voltage supply with peaks and valleys, voltage stabilizers comprises of many many capacitors which would release its storage during valleys and hence smoothen out these valleys. Would it not be regulating voltage? I guess u mean that it does not regulate voltage in terms of a max cap limit. ;)

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
no it doesnt.... regulating means limiting the voltage range from the lowest allowed voltage to highest allowed voltage... for eg. 11V - 16V

for voltage stabilizer...it smoothen the voltage fluctuation by absorbing spikes n fills the "valleys" or sudden voltage drops... if the overall voltage drops... it follows... if increase... it follows too...

matthewtan

Feb 28, 2006
thanks for all your suggestions

Anyone knows where to get an 12vdc to 12vdc ( adjustable variable output from 11vdc to 14vdc) regulated power supply in K.L.

or voltage stabilizer i.e. constant at 12vdc or 13.8vdc

Last edited:

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
i am amazed by the following statements:
1. an amplifier that has a 13.5V voltage limit.
2. saying that a VS can regulate voltage.
3. using a fuse or a capasitor to deal with the voltage.

matthewtan

Feb 28, 2006
Ok guys, I brief u on what amp I am dealing with!

Is the amp kit review by the star audiophile section not long ago....a 12vdc amp kit using tripath 2024. The max. voltage is 14vdc, anything more ...u know lah.

I looking for something to keep the voltage constant or fixed around 13.8vdc max.

hope u all can understand what I need now.

bongweeyap

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
just install the amp lahhhh.
don't care the voltage thing and spend the maney for VS or something else.
just remember to add one fuse(big one).
the amp won't rosak wan lahhhh.
if u go to the shop u will end up buying this and that which are not required for just putting in ur amp.
i,m working in car acc shop in kajang.
handam only on worry.
even the branded amp like kenwwod,MTX, Soundstream oso handam only.
no need thosee VS or wat.UNLESS U NEED A REAL GOOD SOUND QUALITY.
just remember to add the fuse.it will cost u round 20 bucks only.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2019 Proton Saga Launched! - RM33K onwards

There it is, the latest, most evolved Proton Saga since the Proton x Geely partnership is finally here. It is also Proton's best selling product - contributed a staggering 2 million cars, literally half of the national car maker's 4 million vehicles sold since...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience