how to install fc3s callipers on a b6t?

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
theres definately a bracket or somewhat involded? a detail drawings of the bracket will be much appriciated.

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
lookie what i got for a bargain! now i've got to do some r&d measuring for the braket. it seems that the vr4/galant rotors are abit fat to fit in the callipers. will figure this out soon. yahooo

xmavel

Known Member
Oct 10, 2006
how much 4 that mazda fc3s callipers ,my friends also using that mazda fc3 calliper on his astina

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
been looking for it a 4-pot forever. i was lucky to get a pair for rm200 from somebody in the forum. looks pretty decent too. where did your friend do the braket/modifications xmavel to install the fc3s callipers??

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
it looks big!...
if got shot by shot on the installation process would be great.........

xmavel

Known Member
Oct 10, 2006
kalo x silap aku r dia pasang kat soon fong halfcut kat sg.besi

ataro_gozambo

Known Member
Jan 6, 2005
FC disk+caliper need a 16in rims minimum!!! Sorry to spoil ur mood bro, but pls check the price for the brake pad if u r seriously considering to put the brake to ur car. Plus the cost to mod it.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
hello..this topic had been discussed few months back.. pls look for 'performance brakes for tx3"..inside mazda/ford forum. as i know a guy working amoil is using fc caliper and rb20 rotor in his 323. u guys can ask him. it costs about 500 just to mod.

Monkeyboy

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
lookie what i got for a bargain! now i've got to do some r&d measuring for the braket. it seems that the vr4/galant rotors are abit fat to fit in the callipers. will figure this out soon. yahooo

you have gone the wrong way dude
should have get the whole set plus knuckle too
now your wasting time custom made the bracket for the caliper
and yet the not sure it will work.due to the disc size and the caliper
some ppl say can work
but any prove of it?
even it works..
does the brake pads warp the whole disc? bullshit?

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
no fren,...the knuckles will never fit no matter wat u do to it.
rear wheel drive knuckles cannot fit front wheel drive!
pimpin's idea is actually good. because vr4 evo123 rotors can fit our cars by just changing the pcd to 4x100.

anways..i found something new. fiat coupe brembos should be able to fit our cars too. but need to custom brackets to mount the calipers.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
by the way pimpin said its a R&D project..it needs some time to prove whether it works or not.

Monkeyboy

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
you also notice the brembo's too hahahahai was long gone wih thattoo expensiveso never go that wayif r&dis just for the low budget guysby the waypimpin using vr4 disc if not mistakeni saw his car beforeanywaywish him good luck with the brackets

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
haha...cheers monkey boy! evo 5 and above may also be able to fit. as the rotor hub thickness is also 45mm(same as mitsu twin port). same as lantis and most mazda models...

pimpin..why not just buy a set of vr4 twin pot and put it in? i did a bit of research..the caliper mount are about the same.u just need to cover one of the mount holes(on the caliper) with welding..and drill a new holes. the mounts are nearly the same.few mm difference only. it'll be cheaper than buying a set of 4pot caliper(and having the risk of not getting complete set like small pins missing).. and twin pot rotors.....

twin pot is good enough already. 4pot adds too much weight i think..haha...best solution would be fiat brembos...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone have the ignition timing maps for EVO1/2/3 ?
Better still if you have dynoed and got the best timing for torque across rpm/load.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience