How to clean brake dust off rims

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
I got my replica CE28N rims with a rough powder coating, looked very nice at first and now after a few months they have this shitlike looking brake dust sticking around the spokes.

I tried scrubbing them with a sponge, it worked but only for the medium deposits. For the really black spots I can't do anything about them :banghead:

I don't want to use anything more abrasive than metal brushes since my rims are the rough matte type.

Anyone came across this problem and came up with an idea? :bawling:

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
tried petrol ? or petrol with diesel mixture? since it can remove the tar that when ur car hit by the tiny rock flip up by ur wheels on the sticky underconstructing road..... if cant, use the acid cleaner but i forgot the name, it is blue colour, cost around rm15 per bottle, a it corrosive but not harmful to paint, just spray wait it makan the dirt and wash it use sponge then rinse with water...... avoid long term hand contact since it is corrosive.....

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
kairigi,

U try 1st, any result let me know.
Malam bro... ur rims tak nampak kotor pun.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Never had problems with removing mine with regular soap. I think it's because of the paint, the brake dust gets baked on the paint. That's why i'm really hesitant on getting wheels repainted.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to know car performance for Japan sedan car, 0 to 100 kmh how many second to achieve.
Nothing to talk, just share here if anyone know.
CORRECT ME IF ANYTHING WRONG.

HONDA
City 1.5 Vtec =

Civic
FD 1.8 =
FD 2.0 =
d2R = 6.6 s

New Civic
FG 1.8 =
FG 2.0 =
FG Hybrid =

New Accord
2.0 VTI =

TOYOTA
Vios Manual =
Auto =

Altis
Dual VVTI 1.8 =
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience