How those lousy tyre shop con to survive

Elemental

2 of my friends, Harry and Dick went to a Michelin tyreshop, MW TYREMART in Subang Hi-Tech few days ago, and decided to get their alignment fixed. When they reached there, they were attended by the shop owner named Ah Kit. Ah Kit informed them they have to wait and asked them to leave down their car key and asked them go for lunch first, and car will be ready by the time they come back.

Dick was walking around at the shop, when Harry went to leave the key with them. He then saw the workers hand sanding some old brake pad taken out from a pail and then fixed it on a Proton Wira, and Dick started to feel weird.

They left the car keys there and went to nearby to had lunch. They came back after an hour, car was done. at the same time, the proton Wira lady owner was there to collect the car, and surprisingly they heard ah kit told the owner "your brake pad i also changed to new one already". Dick remember seeing the workers hand sanding the brake pads they took out from a pail and fixed it to the car. Dick shared with Harry what he saw but they both never take it seriously, cos they afraid they might made a mistake.

Harry then drove back, later he heard some weird sound came out from his car. That sound was quite soft till he thought it could be some of the stuffs in the car causing the sound.After sending Dick back, the sound became extremely loud, and he then made a call to his mechanic. The mechanic asked Harry to drive the car to his place the next day and he will check it for him.

When Harry arrived at his mechanic workshop the next day, the mechanic asked him how come the 4 absorbers are leaking badly and rusty everywhere. Harry was surprised when the mechanic told him that cos he just changed the Toyota OEM absoerbers 3 weeks ago at his mechanic place, and it supposed to be new. He immediately remembered the story Dick told him yesterday, and he made a call to ah kit, but ah kit kept yelling on the phone and never admit they changed it and he cursed Harry for talking nonsense.

The morale of the story is, please do not leave your car in tyreshop alone as many of these lousy tyre shop can't even do a proper alignment to earn their cost of living. Hence, they have to CHEAT/CON to survive. And to MW Tayar if you can't do a proper job, close your shop and stop cheating people's hard earn money!

I will also list down all the name of the tyre shop which CON to survive on this page in future....and the list will go on...

Beware of these shops: As they canot do alignment at all, n replacing used parts, left over engine oil......etc to your car and charging you the new item price.

WHY they wana do so?
simple, they wana earn fast money mah. A proper alignment take very long time to do...and waste time. Also, replacing used item to you and charge at new item price simply got more profit, cos it's 0 cost.

Remember the name of these Lousy shops below!!!!!!!!

1) MW tyremart - shah alam - wellknown in stealing/changing parts from customers cars, replacing recycle oil/used parts to customers' car but charging new item price!

2) TopSpeed - (everywhere) - it's like a 7-11 chain store rather than tyreshop, only wana earn fast money and they can't even do a proper alignment. By the way, they have 14 branches out there to CON YOu!! http://www.topspeedacademy.edu.my/servicecentres.html
bandarsunway_group-1.jpg
usj7.jpg

3) S8 tyre - (everywhere) - again..another 7-11, lousy alignment, and don't be surprised if you found out the engine oil they pour into your car is some recycle oil/ left over oil from some other vehicle, but charging you the new engine oil price. Replace your car's original parts with damage parts. They have 3 branches out there to CON You!

pariashop2.jpg
pariashop.jpg

4) A SiN TYRE SERVICE CENTRE - ousy Alignment job, damaged customers car without apology.
No.35 GF, JLN PJS 3/46, TAMAN Sri MANJA, SRI MANJA SQUARE 1,, 46000 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor. 012-926 5415 ‎

Picture039-2.jpg

Last edited:
guys honestly alot of this ppl have no ethics what so ever.. never trust anyone.. always wait with ur car.. normally i'll stand right next to these guys while they work, i know im in the way sometimes but i dun trust tire shop fellas..

bugger! this shops should be sent to the autority to teach them a lesson! btw, if you not familar with any tyre shop, dont leave your car there. monitor what they do is the best

scoupe: yeah agreed with you..99% of tayar shop are well known in talking cock...they can't do a proper alignment job and yet saying it is the correct way alignment should be done. They just wana do a simple and fast alignment and earn fast money.

confront them with the receipts of yr new absorber fixed 3 days ago....see what they wanna defend this time. most mechanic has the same name.....it reminds me...nah...out of topics if i tell my stories here...anyway don let it off so easily. 4 absorber not cheap man!

ethically u should make them explains.

sorry to hear that but thanks for sharing..appreciate it..

always keep your guards up when going to unfamiliar places (not only tyre shop) :)

Ya wor, agree with EVOz, 4 absorbers is really not cheap..we have car thieves problems and now some mechs are gonna add additional problems and insecurity to us...

If he is not guilty for changing the absorbers, why must he curse and act in such a defensive manner? Still I guess, no proof that he changed it.

Sorry for your friend's loss..

Evoz advise is good..confront them with the receipt for the 4 new absorbers then see how. if they still not coorporative, then just tell them see u in court. n make a tribunal claims.

just drag those buggers to tribunal, do u still have the reciept that u changed those absorbers? if yes, good, make a police report as well to make your statement strong.

Thank you all for the great advise, i will pass the msg to him. But i personally think the chances of working things out is very minor, cos the car has been driven out from the lousy tayar shop during that day.

not sure about you guys... I always go to workshops and mechanics that are recommended by friends or mechanics who are friend's friend... it’s quite hard to trust any of these fellas these days since there's a lot of sharks out there to trick you day light...

Just a little bit to share about my story... I bought a new car sometime march this year. Somewhere in May due to my own mistake I hit a drain gutter when parking, it came loose and hit the lower chassis of my car. Miraculously my alignment went off pretty bad, so the next day I brought it to one of the famous tyre shop's in Sunway PJS11 to get my alignment fixed. So, this chief mechanic had a fantastic pr entertained me and told me it'll just take a while to get it fixed. So I waited in the air-conditioned room. Then he came in told me to come check out the alignment monitor, my driver side was out by 0.18 degree and my passenger side was out by 0.46 degree... ohh well, I told him get it aligned then... well, he's reply to me was, "boss, ini tak boleh align, kalau you nak buat balik stock kena tukar camber nut, satu side RM65, dua side RM130 boleh?" I was pretty surprised how a gutter mishap can cause my alignment to go off this badly and this costly. So I told him, don’t do anything at all, I’ll take it back to the brand service centre and ask them if I can claim warranty or any sort. But as soon as my car got off the alignment machine, they straight away issued me a receipt of RM25! I didn’t want put up a fit because I knew I have a problem in my car and probably he tried his best to fix it, on top of that it’s just a small sum to fight for...

Well, then I journeyed to the brand service centre and called for the service manager and told him about my problem and the remedy an independent alignment shop gave me. Because it’s clearly stated alignment is none claimable in the warranty document. Then the service manager said, "Dear Sir, in all our years of servicing cars in Malaysia we never heard that camber nuts need to be replaced for this model. It only requires replacing if it breaks in two pieces, if not it can always be adjusted... It only requires a spanner to spin to the right direction to adjust it. *BANG* I was speechless... then he continued "since you've already paid for the alignment outside, I’ll do it for you for free this time" soon after the service technician took my car and insisted I followed him together to their private alignment machine located in a different branch nearby... so this technician went thru step by step, showed and illustrated to me how easy it is to tune alignment and how shops outside always con people that camber nuts for this particular model needs to be changed every other time they do alignment... and from him I understood that camber nuts are only RM5-RM8 in the spare part shops and alignment shops charge them RM65 a piece..? Well right after the alignment my car was perfectly back to normal… so as consumers who are we suppose to trust?

Well, there's my story... thank you for reading... and apology if I made a mistake in the technical info. Cheers!

Last edited:
AXXeLL,

U already make me shock lor... Coz I change my Waja chamber nut many time a year.
Make me wonder... did my Waja always hit pot hole many time?

Seems i've been con all this days... All this due to suggestion by the "Kedai Tayar"
End up alignment cost me hundreds of RM... After this say no to change chamber nuts.

Or else buy, chamber nut from spare parts then ask them to replace if it's really required.
Some more, "Kedai Tayar" show different type of chamber nuts (this good - this "biasa")
All different price...

After all, thanks for sharing...

i also being charged with rm60 for chamber nuts when allignment my car..
damn... some chinese tyre shop
only see money.. nothing else

I myself go for a tyreshop which is charging RM50- 60 for alignment only, without chamber adjustment. But i am willing to pay for it, cos they are so professional and the alignment is always properly done up. Besides, they will show me the print out of the alignment and explained to me what they've done to the car.

chamber nuts for rm 8 ar.. haih.. these shops ar.. thinking about it, its just a bolt with an outer piece with a bump that will turn when the bolt is turned.. haih.. tire shops are real con man..

chamber nuts for rm 8 ar.. haih.. these shops ar.. thinking about it, its just a bolt with an outer piece with a bump that will turn when the bolt is turned.. haih.. tire shops are real con man..

yup2.. i think just buy 2 pieces of the nut and keep in your car.. then if they ask u to change it, u tell them "kedai tayar selalu sangat suruh saya tukar so saya beli spare simpan dalam kereta..u ambil la kasi pasang" :driver::driver::driver:

I myself go for a tyreshop which is charging RM50- 60 for alignment only, without chamber adjustment. But i am willing to pay for it, cos they are so professional and the alignment is always properly done up. Besides, they will show me the print out of the alignment and explained to me what they've done to the car.

Hi Elemental,

Even if they charge a bomb but deliver a good job, i dont mind paying for it. As long as its good job and good treatment. Could you probably share with us where is this shop. Thank You.

I have a story myself too, happened last two weeks.
I went to shop A to fix my camber, wanted -1 degree front and rear to do a bit of cornering.
RM160 "kaotim" camber, alignment and balancing. Several days later, I felt something amiss.
One of my tyre infront, the angle seems to be not proportionate with my other tyres.
So I went to shop B to measure my camber. I was shocked that all 4 sides ran.
The one infront ran to -2.3+. So I went back to shop A to measure again and ask them why and they gave excuses like a lot of things can caused it. I was damn "dulan" cause normally camber won't run so much so soon as I never did anything else. Went to shop C (my dad's friend) to fix my camber again and they told me shop A gave me small camber nuts, those used in kancils.

Lesson to myself and others here, never easily trust tyre shops.
Some may have a good talk with you but in the end they'll still "potong" you.

Top Bottom