how often to service aircond ?

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
hi all,

my aircond has not been service for 2 years, driving satria 1.3m

but my aircond still very cold, especially at night. does that mean i need service my aircond too ??

so far i service other aprts but never bother of my aircond ... :X-:

my fren say even aircond cold still need service, else the compressor will spoilt n need replace new 1 . issit true ? @@

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Normally u need to service ur aircond every year...
Since it still cool.. keep it like that...coz for your info that cooling coil is a wear and tare thing that u wash it a lot of time, it will spoil also...

Good Luck..

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
mine still going strong for 3 yrs haven't service...and the temp is quarter from switching it off and its still cold in ther scorching afternoon....i guess i dun use alot of aircond when i bought new...*sayang*

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
that mean if aircond is cold then no need service ar ??

cos duno why my fan say, if cold also need service. sacre the fan will dirty then sumbat then compressor must change

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Actually, aircond internal parts have no air, u see...
Just gas (either r12 or 134) and compressor oil only...
Normally when service means they will take out the cooling coil and wash it using special chemical that will harm your cooling coil...
Then they will put new gas and change the drier or can say filter for the gas...
As well as clean your blower motor...

Try to clean the blower inside each time u wash ur car...the blower is at the passanger side..use vacuum cleaner to clean it...blower motor wont spoil if u didnt service it and it will spoil during the carbon inside the blower motor kong only...

Depends on you whether u wanna to service or not...but if u didnt smoke or seldom open the window.. should be no problem...

Beware of using newspaper as carpet coz lazy to clean the carpet...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
haa.....so far i no probs....so just leave it the way it is ler...dont spend unnecesary stuff

Norns

Known Member
Sep 23, 2006
tq a lots !!!

the blower mean the ventalation thingie issit ... where the aircome comes out ...

I guess i'll postpone my aircond service till next time lolz ... since its freakin cold at nite ... ;)

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
i smoking wit open window a bit n a/c was on, noon time very hot lol.. lucky me if got sunroof, no need to open window, haha.. is it may bcome prob??

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
tq a lots !!!

the blower mean the ventalation thingie issit ... where the aircome comes out ...

I guess i'll postpone my aircond service till next time lolz ... since its freakin cold at nite ... ;)
no.. its located at the below of the passenger sit... there will be a small hole that suck air to the cooling coil to produce cool air...
try to check it out...

i smoking wit open window a bit n a/c was on, noon time very hot lol.. lucky me if got sunroof, no need to open window, haha.. is it may bcome prob??
hahahaha...as ur wish lor... but normally it should be ok qua...
coz car parts is depends on your luck... if u bad luck anything also can spoil..even new also the same...

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
ya lorr.. dis month not luck la, last week top mount kong, yesterday batt kong, haha.. month of kong..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
ya lorr.. dis month not luck la, last week top mount kong, yesterday batt kong, haha.. month of kong..
Aiya better than me le...
This month my Wira battery kong... Kancil sport rim kong then light bulb also burn but ok la my bulb cheap one..hehe...

Total lost near to 800 bucks....very sad...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sia menggunakan engine 4E-Fte...baru-baru ni telah memasangkan Apexi RSM...masalah yang sia hadapi skrang ialah KM/H gearbox kereta aku menggunakan cable...dan tiada signal ke ECU so RSM sia tidak berfungsi sepenuhnya....Ada apa cara boleh mendapatkan signal tersebut dari gearbox ke ECU ?? Thx...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience