How often do u need to start the FD

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
actually how often do u need to start the car or run the car in order to keep the spark from drying? im not sure is bcos the spark plug drying that cause the car hard to start after a long time didnt start or some other reason.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Hallo bro how r u?...
If u use cold plugs(4's 9 or 4's 11) u might facing the same problem as me. U need to rev ur car during idling or cold start. I start mine at least once a week or twice even I dont drive the car too often. Also check ur alternator too, it might be getting old edi.

p/s: text me when u r back in Msia..

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
hey thanks for the tips bro. sure will give ya a ring once im back, we go service car again haha or tt at least. :)

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
eric- are you flooding the engine. check the following.

once key is turned to on without starting, you can hear your fuel pump "priming" . I will mail you soon.

master7

Known Member
May 7, 2005
hey bro,
this is what has happend to me thousend times...

for sure is ur spark plugs...
openem , cleanem, u'll face no problem....but make sure to change ur feul filter twice a year....

cheras

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
more like flooding problems to me.......

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
all answer wrong.... haha, its the battery... its kinda weak but it stills turn the flywheel eventually, maybe no power to generate sparks. after i change batt it starts wit 1st turn. now i need to change my clutch, slips like hell, i think cant even go up genting, not sure is the hydrolic prob ornot

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
I agree with quixeric! I also encountered the same issue when starting the car after 3 or more days. If the battery does not have sufficient charge it will crank the engine but not enough to start.

If you keep cranking a few times the engine will flood, wetting the plugs with fuel. Once this happens the engine definitely won't start until you remove the plugs cranking it over to remove excess fuel - make sure you disconnect the igniter & fuel pump. You may need to also clean the plugs for extra insurance.

Of course once you have removed the excess fuel use a fully charged battery or jump start using a running vehicle.

Happy rotoring!

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
well i didnt take off the plug actually, it was there like weeks, i think the fuel has evaporated itself, once i put in a new batt, it jus start on the 1st turn. think i need to check my plugs, sometime the car felt like fuel cut, but it will blowup at the exos sometime, and there is flame too. like not burning adequately

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
it's either that or weakened started..... it was once happened to my daily toyota car..... my FD has a weakened started as well. it's matter of time when it doesn't start. or it's the grounding / relay damaged.

change Ogura Twinplates... bwahahahahah or tripple plate.. since ur car is pretty much another monster.

flames..........that's cool... even on starting ? that's wicked !!!

mine only when backfire.. :P
and i'm running super rich. old plug wires and 8/9 plugs still have mis-firing.

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
i did add grounding before the starting problem occurs, i think its the battery, cos after that day it didnt start i lefted it for few days more and then the batt is flat, so thats explained i guess.

im gg for exedy i guess, mine look like monster but its a small kitten only hehe

the flames happen very seldom n during drive, after few hicups of effect similar to fuel cut or may fuel flood, then i can see surrounding in orangy yellow if its in the dark, thats the flame at the back or mayb at waste gate.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
i would probably want to go for a sports single plate... as mine is just a snail among the rotaries.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the M3 has gotten softer and a far cry from its racing homologation days
despite having more and more horsepower, no thanks to BMW's marketing men, Audi
and Mercedes have caught up in the uber saloon stakes. Whilst BMW is thanking
their lucky stars that Audi's fantastic RS4 is no longer in production (new one
coming sometime in 2009), Mercedes is going to unleash the C63 AMG, a 451bhp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience