how do u identify whether if ur asorber kong?

sonictheory

2,000 RPM
how? if u are the one driving, what kind of sign will show that ur asorber is kong d or not in good condition d?...and what about spring? thx

u can feel that ur suspension is softer than before..like ur car is waving like water...something like that..that was my experience la..hehehe hope it can help abit..hehe cheerz

Do this test: Press down on your bonnet (if you want to check your front absorber) or your trunk (if you want to check your back absorber). If the car continue bouncing a few times after you let go, your absorber is probably gone. If your absorber is still ok, it shouldn't bounce more than twice. No idea on how to check the springs though.

when u feel like riding on a boat at the sea...and u see ur absorber got leak oil...means kong already....change a new one and reuse it as a baton...to wack kau road bully...

if spring kong already...when u ride through a bump...the car drops very low...and the car doesnt go back up...means ur spring doesnt have the enough tension to push the car back up...the car will look like it has been lowered...

for absorbers..try pressing ur car down at the side where u think that absorber is damaged..if it takes just one rebound and stop then its okay.but if it keeps bouncing then its damaged.

for springs..it doesnt really kong.coz the spring is just to hold the car up.if it does spoil..then u must have a very ciplak unit.the ori springs will possibly not spoil.

Go to tyre shop .. seperate those springs and absrobers and try press the absrober ... if the play is not smooth .. and .. time for change .. :) .. mine was like that last time.

and if u wanna do ureself, open the front bonnet, press hard down at right side and then on left side at the fenders .. if the absrober is hard (for stock cars) .. then its not playing already .. :) time for a change ..

cheers!

Springs last pretty much the lifetime of the car. Unless something screws up badly, you will never need to change it, contrary to some mechanis who told me.

As for absorber, first and foremost is checking for leak. Secondly is the feel when you're driving. I had driven my friends old saga whereby the suspension has not been change for many many years. First thing i felt is that when i go over fast bumps in the highway, the car feels very very floaty. Its like the car continues to bounce for a few times before stabilising again. Man, thats really dangerous.

but sometimes after change lowered spring, the car tend to bumpy than stock spring loh, takkan it means asorber kong d?...somemore after lowered, canot see whether leak o not wor? how to see? jack up?...is it the oil coming out wraping the asorber?

when u lower it..it may feel bumpy coz of the spring rate if im not mistaken.not the spring's condition.

oil u can see or feel it wan..but if a gas type absorber..u cant see mah.but the best is to press down ur car and let it bounce back up.the best way to check.

sonictheory said:
how? if u are the one driving, what kind of sign will show that ur asorber is kong d or not in good condition d?...and what about spring? thx

krokk krokkk kong kongg..those sound lor

Sorry to hijack in....!!!

Any proz can name me a few test on those Hi-Low adjustable abs.....???

Cos mine damn hard any i try to test it b4 but it seems like not going up and down, I'm (DAMN SILLY MAN)...!!! hahahaha
The adjust abs is in good condition as my mech told me but i'm just curious to know how to test the condition of those adjustable abs...????
Pls dun tell me to press down the car left and right....!!!! Try b4 n it won't workz..!!!

Thanks all buddy..!!!

Last edited:
Calz83 : u already answered ur own question wat ... u said ur abs is in good condition, so u test it now for wat? of coz it wun work la the bounce method ....

As said again, the best method is when driving. When it feels unreasonably bouncy and floaty, you know something is wrong. Worst still when you take a fast corner and your car just don't stick to the road.

There's a difference between bumpy due to hard absorbers and floaty. Bumpy is the feeling your ass gets when you run over an uneven patch. Floaty is when your car feels like a boat.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom