how come when my a.cond is turn on my car will not be running smoothly?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alexsr20

Mar 5, 2007
excuse me,y everytime if my a.cond is on while my car is running it wont be running smoothly?it's like the car was pulled n pushed..can someone tell me the reason pls....im a newbie here..thx!!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
it is normal... coz the aircond compressor gets its power via pulley from ur engine... thus, extracting power from ur engine to run it....

but if u say the problem deteriorates over time, i not too sure about this... i'm facing similar problem... there is a huge difference when aircond is on and off... its like 30% power gone...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
r u driving an auto tranny?

alexsr20

Mar 5, 2007
yes skywalker,s long s my a.cond is on my car feels like damn heavy n much more slower...well my car is a nissan sentra b14,but i changed the engine to sr20det..it used to be auto transmission but now is manual with a short-shifting gearbox..by the way..thanks 4 replying me...

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Check the compressor. Either the bearings are worn or the belt tension is too tight...
If you start feeling the same even when the A/C is off, the the clutch assembly for the A/C might have gone kaput!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Got this:

"This account has been suspended. Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Plus, there has been no new updates from the sellers.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience