High speed stability

adlans

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
Bro, since u're carrying along your baby, drive carefully. Speed is fun but family safety should comes 1st. After this you'll modified a bit of your car to maintain stability, then later syiok comes in and you might be going 150 - 170kmh! Brakes is also important...do upgrade it.

- Just my 9 cents, not my nonsense -

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Bro, since u're carrying along your baby, drive carefully. Speed is fun but family safety should comes 1st. After this you'll modified a bit of your car to maintain stability, then later syiok comes in and you might be going 150 - 170kmh! Brakes is also important...do upgrade it.

- Just my 9 cents, not my nonsense -

Uncle drive, 130km/h will be my max speed :biggrin:
Thx for the advise..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well boyzone.....as for easiest,cheapest and quick fix for you i think u can try a bit more negative camber in front....(don't do too much -ve camber else tyre "makan sebelah" quickly)...

try that first and see if u like it or not.....plus...alignment+camber adjust not really expensive...less than 1/2hour can settle.....

and that would not hurt comfort/harshness on bumps etc etc....nor add more weight to your car...

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro. just go for utr bars... front 4 point and side fender 3 point bars if ur max speed would be 130 to 140... no need to change spring no matter what sport spring is not the same as ori wan... comfort will be diff... and yes check ur camber and so on its help...
but if u can get ur hands on the gen2 cps r3 springs then go for it.....

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
bro. just go for utr bars... front 4 point and side fender 3 point bars if ur max speed would be 130 to 140... no need to change spring no matter what sport spring is not the same as ori wan... comfort will be diff... and yes check ur camber and so on its help...
but if u can get ur hands on the gen2 cps r3 springs then go for it.....

R3 spring? comfort?
Btw, stock clearance is around 4 fingers gap from tyre to fender.
If put in R3 spring, what is the clearance?

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
yo..bro BE5RSK,

no long no hear from u.

yes, I'm also received a lot of positive feedback about Eibach... Especially for Japanese car model.
Just have to confirm that is the spring ready for Gen 2 or not.:biggrin:
Btw, what is the market price for this spring today?
Sorry bro, lost track on marketprice nowadays... I paid around RM 800 (in 2005) with installation last time.

Some Gen2 owner said that they use sport spring that meant for waja/wira/satria/putra configuration in their Gen2 setup. They match it with OEM Gen2 absorber without issue.

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
well boyzone.....as for easiest,cheapest and quick fix for you i think u can try a bit more negative camber in front....(don't do too much -ve camber else tyre "makan sebelah" quickly)...

try that first and see if u like it or not.....plus...alignment+camber adjust not really expensive...less than 1/2hour can settle.....
Agree. Try this first, noticeable difference.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
get tein with edfc....while with baby, make it soft....when driving alone, make it hard.... :-)
I have Gab SS in my old junk, so interm of comfort, still have a gap compare with lower spring. :biggrin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Installed R3 lower spring after grab from ZTH member@netracer.
Also, -2deg camber at the front and -1deg at the rear.
Cornering have significant improve after set up... while have to wait until weekend then only have chance to test on high speed stability.
Fender clearance: 2 fingers gap at the front, 3 fingers gap at the rear.

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
well, if it is floating, i guess you can increase your mechanical grip buy upgrading the suspension, plenty mentioned above. sturt bars, forget about it, they reduce the roll, corner stability you will need them.

2nd, install aerodynamic parts, to get more downforce
i would start from a front bumper splitter, then a rear wing, flat underbody, diffuser
oh ya, install these also will create drag ... lol ...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
well, if it is floating, i guess you can increase your mechanical grip buy upgrading the suspension, plenty mentioned above. sturt bars, forget about it, they reduce the roll, corner stability you will need them.

2nd, install aerodynamic parts, to get more downforce
i would start from a front bumper splitter, then a rear wing, flat underbody, diffuser
oh ya, install these also will create drag ... lol ...
actually, if u're going to speed.. u need the strut bars, anti-roll bar, etc..

coz it's for safety.. in case u need to dodge things on the road..

those bars i like to call 'daily driving roll cage'..

:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah.. -2 camber front extremenia!

Upgrade brakes before adding all those bars bro. Stopping more important than cornering at 120km/h.

- Front (2-pot) and rear (single pot) calipers
- slotted, ventilated and perhaps cross drilled rotors
- Good brake pads
- Steel braided hoses
- Upgraded brake servo and proportioning valve

Stim! :biggrin:

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
advice u to get Eibach springs. a friend of mine got for his persona, n its worth every cent he says. market price around rm900+

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think Eibach have this Stability Pro Kit or something...can check it out...include springs and stabilizer bars...not sure how much..

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
actually, if u're going to speed.. u need the strut bars, anti-roll bar, etc..

coz it's for safety.. in case u need to dodge things on the road..

those bars i like to call 'daily driving roll cage'..

:biggrin:

if you are going 180 km/h, it doesn't really matter ... u still screwed

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

After reading all the suggestion wouldn't be best if we change to another car. Faster more comfort and handling. Just my 2 cent lah.
i am damn agree with you brah ... pure is pure, daily still daily car ... diff DNA

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
With all the suggestions mentioned here I think he needs to break his piggy bank already... as well change a better car as Tan Kin Sung said.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My dad who drives a BMW E34 520 with a 525 engine bought the car in a very immaculate condition but the paint was hacked! Ive been wanted to detail it for some time but i know black is the worst colour to be detailed. As a beginner i took it as a lesson and training , as long i didnt burn the paint right? =p
SO i just took up the Front Bonnet as a test session for a black colour so that i could learn from my mistakes.

not forgetting the steps that KC taught me, just gives me a peace of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience