usually hid that i saw at accessories shop sell
high beam normal yellow
low beam hid

BV5015

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2005
JB
nope....
maybe you can make an extra projector fog lamp, and link the wiring to your high beam.
So, you will get halogen + HID high beam.

jeyadev

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
its done like that because of your high beam. if you put hi-HID, then every time you 'flash' someone, the HID will switch on, and because its on for only 1 second or so... it will wear out the ballast.

if you really want to do it, just ask you friendly accessory shop to reverse your headlight wiring ...

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
i mean for H4 bulb with
high beam = hid
low beam = normal yellow

mostly hid that i saw at the shop/internet is the inverse of what i want
the reason i want this become like that is because of afraid of roadblock
means that usually we will use low beam when driving and only high beam when in a very dark place with no roadside lamp
therefore by using high beam as hid will suitable for me and also to prevent summon

if using low beam as hid sure will get summon or when we saw road block then we high beam (normal yellow) sure the police will ask y is the reason that we use high beam suddenly right

anyone can help me??

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
aiyo, u ppl long time no go acc shop?? i use H4 HID for my satria, high beam is H1 halogen bulb, low beam use hid. korea made, rm 280 oni. wen u turn on light is use low beam hid and wen u switch high beam, is oni use normal H1 halogen, no hid.
so can easy switch we u c `MATA` (polis)!!!

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
but if u switch 2 high beam, will also glare the police and they will ask u 2 stop n ask y u switch 2 high beam even there is roadside lamp n also got car from the opposite direction

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
for normal h4 bulb, u can c 1 `filamen` is face up, ` is face straight. for h1 bulb is face staight. tats y even u high beam ur h1 bulb , is oni low beam effect. u gt wat i wan to say?
hope tis can help u.

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
yes i understand, thanks for the information that i really want. u mean that even if u high beam for H1, it only the same effect with H4 low beam. Im a potential buyer for hid. i plan 2 buy it but afraid that if i high beam (H1), the effect is the same with high beam for H4 so sure the police will question me y so bright also want to use high beam

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
i buy korea made wif 1/2 waranty, rm280. loc jb. wif installation. sumtime ppl sell 320.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
skyline2m, there's another easy way. Just switch the low beam & high beam pin connecting from the HID kit to the original bulb socket. This will change the low beam to Halogen and high beam to HID.

Evo_Prince

Known Member
Aug 23, 2008
I got one question here. Can the ballast be repaired or replace if we blow it?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

VinPetrol123

Mar 4, 2009
for normal h4 bulb, u can c 1 `filamen` is face up, ` is face straight. for h1 bulb is face staight. tats y even u high beam ur h1 bulb , is oni low beam effect. u gt wat i wan to say?
hope tis can help u.
Thanks for your idea. So u mean if my ori bulb is H4, i can install H1 bulb for high beam use? I installed a set of HID low beam only in my car before but already took it out. Planning to install it again.

kethon27

Known Member
May 8, 2006
I just install a HID from Jojo.. u can find him over the marketplace..
For me i install the HID at fog lamp myvi, headlight i leave it normal bulb.

HID got different Kelvin color, If you install less than 5K and you on it all the time even when u meet road block, i think you still be safe as below 5K will looks bit yellowish..
if you install for your better driving, install less than 5K
because you will find difficulty to see the road when raining if more than 5K(higher K, the whiter and the bluish color).

I can tell this because i on only my HID(8K) during rain, i see nothing, thank goodness my headlight still yellowish type..can see the road much better..
Hope my sharing helps..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend who's working in an accesories shop in Malacca has told me that grounding is for older cars who is underpowered and needs excessive electricity to gain back some power. New cars which go under grounding is quite useless.

and another thing, does grounding affects the warranty of the car?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience