Hi all, new to modding. Need some experts' advise

morbiuz666

Jan 17, 2006
Hi everyone, noob to car modding so please forgive any dumb@ss remarks i may make. Thanks.

Driving a standard wira 1.5 manual, just upgraded new sport rims+tyres+GAB hi-lo adj absorbers+stabiliser bars front, back and fenders as well (ouch!) lol. After cny will be fitting in evo front discs. Gotta anti-roll bar plus full assembly but can't fit in coz apparently 1.5 rear lower arms can't drill.

Thing is, the damn car's like super slow and under-powered right now so was thinking of moving on to some performance enhancement :regular_smile:
Fuel consumption's pretty bad too, i'm doing only ~300km per RM50.00!

So on to the questions:

1) Should i get evo rear lower arms + discs? for the anti-rolls i mean.

2) or forget the anti-rolls and jump straight into performance (engines/intake/exhaust)? thing is i'm thinking of sticking to 1500cc or max 1600cc, i'm not crazy about speed so don't really need a 2.0 monster. How about the 4G91 or 4G92?

Budget is about RM2.5~3k, what can i get? nos is out, from what i've read in the posts probably can't afford on my shoestring budget too.

Thanks a lot everyone, please excuse the long post (illegally using company internet! so gotta cram it all together when no ones around! hehe...) Cheers.

speedoSTAR2099

Sep 1, 2004
well, since ur budget is that tight, there's no way u can go for 4G92 Mivecs cause the half cut itself would cost around 7-8k currently....but i'm not sure though for those 4G92 non-Mivec....should be cheaper though....upon ur budget, a 4G91 would do....

there are a few options that u can choose to do with the cash u got....for an instance....Matspeed/ Powerzone high performance cams....a good tuned length 4-2-1 extractor with full exhaust piping system.....

but to get optimum gain of power.....just transplant ur engine.... happy modding then.....cheers!~

Fluffy

May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
best way to get power is to transplant.
but ur budget is kinda tight.u can go find a NA lancer 1.5 engine.will give u way better power than wat u have now.

save up a little bit more and get 4g93 twincam... should be good enough for u...

but if u insist to do something with that sum of money, look for powerzone... they can do something for u...
if u dont wanna look for powerzone, can alwiz refer us for some 'no-so-reliable' advices (coz different car, different setup)...

1) get a tuned length 4-2-1 extractor, midbullet, any muffler, 1.8" original route piping...
2) open-pod performance filter... (dont get those cap ayam one)... recommended are HKS, Blitz, K&N, Apexi
3) get a mild camshaft... powerzone can help u...
4) jz incase u have a 1.5L carburettor engine, change the carb to weber carb... should give u good power increase...
5) .....
6) ...

and so the list goes on...

KennyLooi

May 17, 2005
my opinion

since you have 2-3k why not hold your horses till you get probably bout 5-6k then transplant a 4G93T GSR engine and you'll have a G-force and reliable engine ?

frankieyap

Jan 20, 2006
u can get a 4g93 na manual half cut for around 3.2 k

kowkl

Nov 26, 2003
i would suggest that you go straight for an engine transplant coz you will save a lot of heart ache, head ache and money ache. Save the money and until you have enough for a better engine.

Why ? bcoz the engine you are buying is tested and proven. Unlike mod which will cost u a lot and u can only only hope it meets your expectation.

Be happy.

Hi greeting semua...
I m looking for a b.o.t for my campro gen2 manual '05 model. Maybe any workshop around johor. Tolong (pls,pls,pls) comment. Saya tak nak nanti jadi tikus lab lepas tu engine meletup. Saya ngah cari yg setting boleh di pakai harian, pegi balek kerja, dan hujung minggu bleh sedikit2 main track ke...heheheh pls tunjuk ajr kepada newbie. heheheheheh