help!!!

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
hi guys,

i just installed a walbro pump yesterday.dint touch anything else.after that i went for a try.it seems like, there's no power as usual/before.im not slammed into the seat,u know what i mean.at first i tought it was the mixture were too rich.but when i lower the pressure.it seems the problem is still there.

im just posting this just to seek some help if anyone know what is the problem.u know la kan, jiwa kacau right now.planning to go for a rolling road tuning later.i have the feeling that my fuel regulator is kondem.cause when i tighten the skrew on top, the pressure does not increase.it stays at one place only.

-is my regulator broken?
-is there any possibilities that the installation process of the pump went wrong?

what do u guys think?

please help sifus...

thanks.

-jiwa kacau-

flatlander525

Known Member
Jan 26, 2006
Wireing conect to where?

Direct with relay.?

I used walbro to.. usualy just set ur regulator to 38-42 psi like that.

If u say so u adjust the regulator but the presure doesn't show anything -

Try check by reving ur engine and see the regulator meter, is't drop or climbing?

If it climb means ok..

But if it drop probaly u have to check ur wireing again or ur fuel line size.
It's ur fuel line under the chasis is for carb or injection.. injection usualy bigger than carb..

Last edited:

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
dude,

i just pull out the original wire from the stock pump and connect it to the walbro.so all the wiring and stuff is not touched.i rev my engine,the reading does not climb and i cant say it drops.its kindda like maintaining there.

about the fuel line u mention,im using the original fuel line.injection.so what can i do about it?change the line to a smaller one or what?

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
guys,

is there anything such as a immitation of a walbro fuel pump?

i went dyno yesterday and found out that my fuel supply is not enuf.that guy mention that the fuel pump that i bought might be an immitation one.not the original. :-(

astinabpt

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Central
dude, have you check what is the voltage on that original pump wiring ? did you put in any relay to get direct voltage from battery ? one of us put walbro, but didnt install the relay, end up the walbro only pumping in fuel at 8v only instead of 12v. no wonder la his plugs all covered with white powder hehehe.. check up the voltage 1st, and yes, there is an imitation of Walbro around the market, careful yo! :D

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
done the checking on the voltage supply to the pump.and yes the relay is already there.but now i think i need to do the checking on the fuel filter and the connection between the pump and the fuel line.afraid that there's gap.

yeah, hope that the pump that i got is a good one.