Help needed.. On spark plugs

williamchang

Oct 17, 2009
selangor
Dear Cefiro owners,

i wanted to replace all my spark plugs.. heard way too many of brands and their power and
fuel savings abilities...

1) Which brand and model u guys using now and any remarks???
2) Whats the price per piece and life span??
3) Do i need to change the ignition coils as well??

I hope all you great guys can help me. appreciated it..

TQ

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i use iridium plug.. coz me rm210 for 6... after i bought someone sell silver plug pulak :(

so... good plug = good responsive

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Dear Cefiro owners,

i wanted to replace all my spark plugs.. heard way too many of brands and their power and

TQ
I am using ngk platinum ori for A32 , so far so good. I've heard they can last for 100,000 km , do u believe?. Cost me rm45-00 per plug.

*DO NOT TOUCH YOUR IGNITION COIL IF THEY DON'T POST ANY PROBLEM, YOU WILL REGRET LATER*

Btw, they are not cheap. 1 coil = RM200-00 ; 6coils = $$$.

SB3:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
Dear Cefiro owners,

TQ
use back ori type can last u at least 100k km, i used it till 120k km without any problem.
if can find ori NGK plataniun 7 that even better for ur car.

williamchang

Oct 17, 2009
selangor
Dear All,

Thanks for all the remarks..

Just saw something call Bosch Iridium Fusion, is this better than those NGK, DENSO or others plugs??

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
you can try. But you need to be aware fatty is very selective in plugs

williamchang

Oct 17, 2009
selangor
weikee.....

selective ah?? sounds very sensitive leh....

what the worst case scenario can happen ah??? i though the mfg makes for kmost car models or the mechanics install the wrong onesss??

:)

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
weikee.....

selective ah?? sounds very sensitive leh....

what the worst case scenario can happen ah??? i though the mfg makes for kmost car models or the mechanics install the wrong onesss??

:)
Some of the problems choosing the wrg plugs are ; engine knock, misfiring , wrong a/f mixture, high fuel consumption , lack of power, etc.

Yes VQ engines are very sensitive, just like having a 'leng looi' girlfriend. If you treat her wrongly , she will give you hell. If you treat her right (diamonds and jewels) , she will serve you like a king.

Just my 2 kupang

SB3

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Some of the problems choosing the wrg plugs are ; engine knock, misfiring , wrong a/f mixture, high fuel consumption , lack of power, etc.

Yes VQ engines are very sensitive, just like having a 'leng looi' girlfriend. If you treat her wrongly , she will give you hell. If you treat her right (diamonds and jewels) , she will serve you like a king.

Just my 2 kupang

SB3
oh... i never consider that

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
taiko seizai is not too late to change back.:wavey:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
if you notice, with older plugs the engine will ping even with some brand of petrol.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
"ping" sound loh, some engine is klak klak klak sound. You get to notice when your windows is down. Hence sometime is better to try drive car with the windows down for awhile.

Last time drive manual is easier, you can try use 3rd gear and so slow and over hump and most of the time you will hear the ping.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

this one is very good example, hear the sound when the engine rev
YouTube - ford focus 1.8 engine ping problem..

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
william,

have u got your spark plug changed?

Im driving A33 2.0, anyone can make sure if i really need to remove the air intake, in order to reach the 3 spark plug behind?

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
VQ is not like Mitsu V6, don't have to take out the air intake manifold to change the plug.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Ceffy32, the rear bank spark plugs are located in between the intake manifold runners (brilliant engineering). In order to reach your plugs you have to unscrew 2 bolts on each individual ig coils. But care must be taken not to break any of the bolts as its very tightly screwed in unless it has been loosen b4. Once you pop out the coils you can unscrew plugs using rachet (size 16 i think) and extension long enough to reach the plugs inside the plug holes. Use rubber hose to unscrew the plugs if you are worried that it will fall off into the plug holes again.

Enjoy your DIY!

SB3.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
need quite long spanar to do that... yes it is size 16

no need special skills... only back will pain like hell if u stay too long

ceffy32

Known Member
Oct 17, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys, what a huge relief for me..

Will let workshop get it done since i dont have proper tools for this. Any suggested workshop? What about the one in USJ9? Im staying in subang.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey,

Just a quick question to see where I can get a sticker type license plate for the front of my Evo VIII? Anywhere in KL or Sunway area would be ideal.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience