HELP!!!! MAP sensor problem!!!

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
hey bros,

i really need help, im driving a civic sohc turbo n everytime i boost, checklite on... Its da MAP sensor voltage 2 high because of da boost.... How can i eliminate dis problem??? im using an emanage...

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Well, i think there are two ways to do this job.
One : Mechanically, something like "t" join one way valve with spring and connect on the map sensor.
Two : Add electronic boost cut device ( can be adjust ) on the map sensor wire.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Si fu Brian, this guy use "The Blue" mah.
"The Blue" can do a retart timming, right!

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
boost cut can b done using emanage blue rite bro???

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Bro, i did not play with "The Blue".
But what i know is that, you can change the "input" graphic or data, something like AFC.
But if you limit the graphic limit to 3.0 to 3.3V, the stock ecu did not give you engine check, but, what about the fule and ignition when the boost come in.
Hope, some "Blue" Si Fu can help here....

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
ah...the professor has spoken..

im no sifu...but here's a little about my blue setup.

in na mode, my map sensor gave me 3.9v max when i full throttle.
now, i limit using boost cut function @4V.
the funny thing is, when turbo kick in no check light. but sometimes when driving casually around, the checklite comes on. weird. i have a feeling my stock map sensor not too comfortable wif the boost. i dunno.

regarding ur question, remember the map sensor i bought from u? the o/p is tied to the TPS input (remove the car's tps fr the blue) on the blue. so u can have all the tuning maps available to tune according to map sensor.

like additional injector map- this neat trick directly adds injector duty cycle to your existing injectors.

sub injector map-can fire two extra injectors.

ignition timing map-ign timing adj

etc etc

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
probably ure boosting more than 0.6bar.

the cheap way u can get the "missing link map bypass valve". do a websearch and order it from the states. also get a chipped ecu that could boost more than 0.6bar.

the expensive way and always the good way is get a standalone. it comes with a 1,3,5 bar map sensor.

LPT are not meant to be HPT.

jep3003 said:
hey bros,

i really need help, im driving a civic sohc turbo n everytime i boost, checklite on... Its da MAP sensor voltage 2 high because of da boost.... How can i eliminate dis problem??? im using an emanage...

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I think 1 bar map sensor can't use on Force induction.

You at least need to start at 3 bar map sensor.

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
what map sensor can i fit in my car??? besides emanages own map sensor....

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
There're nothing wrong with your existing map sensor as long as you are not into boost. The original ecu that came with your car was mapped for n/a application. This means, when you are into boost, there are no more table to access, hence the check engine lit up.

Solving the problem:
I suggest you to install a check valve to the existing map sensor so that the boost will not be sense by the map sensor. However you have to install another map sensor that's capable to read boost for the e-manage. eg: greddy or haltech map sensor will do the job.
Bigger injector have to be installed for this boost application. You can even use 700 cc Sard injector. You can then use the blue e-manage to compensate the injector size and mapped your boost application.

To me, I'll just mapped the existing ecu and eliminate the use of those piggybacks.

Good luck with your experiment.

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
cipan,

better 2 use check valve or boost cut device??? wat r da pros n cons of both??? but i wud still be able 2 tune my emanage rite???

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
for LPT, between 0.4-0.9bar the 1 bar map should be sufficient. if budget permits, then u can buy the 3 bar map sensor.

Joeker said:
I think 1 bar map sensor can't use on Force induction.

You at least need to start at 3 bar map sensor.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
J101,
1 bar map sensor only for NA application.
So, joeker is right. At least, you need 2 bar map sensor for 0.0 to 1.0 bar boost.
2.5 bar map sensor will be 0.0 to 1.5 bar boost.
For Haltech 3 bar map sensor, it will be 0.0 to 2.0 bar boost.

cipan_supercas

1,500 RPM
Feb 4, 2004
Shah Alam
www.draxecu.com
jep3003 said:
cipan,

better 2 use check valve or boost cut device??? wat r da pros n cons of both??? but i wud still be able 2 tune my emanage rite???
I think you're not clear with my brief explaination.

The checkvalve is use to fool the ecu that it's reading no boost.
When boosting, the valve will lock the pressure to the map sensor, hence not reading boost, therefore, no check engine light.

The boost cut is another add on device or it can be program using e-manage which you already bought and fitted. However, it's only applicable to existing turboed engine/ecu but not to this upgrade path where there are no boost map found inside your ecu.

That is the reason to use another map sensor, boosted capable, to be monitored by the e-manage as the secondary fuelling and ignition management which cover the loopholes of the original ecu.

You got it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

need to know where u sifu put the ballast on the jazz ?

must you drill hole ? sayang lah... under hood got no place to put!

also, can the ballast touch water ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience