hd & gtti piston, need info..

openg

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
hi .... i just find out that gtti n hd have the same size of piston....76 mm...
so anyone out there had try to install Gtti piston inside hd block for turbo charge...
does anyone out there compare the piston..
i wanna find out ... does the shaft n pin Gtti piston is at the same location as the hd piston...
the lenght from the top piston to the shaft hole.?..
the diameter of the shaft hole ?
any one out there that can share the info..plsss.....:Not_Impressed:

BEan

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Klang
www.devoteesofcharade.com
how to put in?imho,the size maybe the same.but the compression ratio is different.the gtti is turbocharged hence it has a low compression piston.whereas the hd is n/a hence it has a high compression piston.

g100s

Known Member
Oct 13, 2004
Visit site
if im not mistaken it can be done...but im not sure bout da process and calculation though...maybe someone else can answer dat fer u?

openg

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
ya bean.. na have high comp piston n turbo has low comp piston... but that the point off using it... if wanna turbocharger the hd engine by hoping the piston can last longer n can boost a bit high... the diameter of the piston is the same so shouldn't be a problem accept for the shaft piston position...that what i'm trying to find out.....lol....

sharkwhales77

Known Member
Dec 1, 2005
hey..come to my workshop la..wat block u wanna use fer the piston..

hurmmm..mine is kanciL..

850 c.c ..using the same block im using 2E turbo piston..can be done one la..bigger than gtti..

if u are using 1000cc..can use 4E turbo piston...damn fast!!!!!!!

ioki

500 RPM
Jul 4, 2005
Puchong
anyone have some info on thid HD engine... mounting wise.... bores troke and etc... any web site which i can compare to my kembara HC-EJ .? cause as far as im concern its almost the same...any sifu can tell me bout this. URGENT HELP

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 1NZFE(T) project is completed , running stock boost from a Garett AR48 turbo (suspect it might be from a S13 CA18 or SR20 turbo) at 0.68-0.82 spike on gear change (the car is a Vios 1.5 Auto)

Quite satisfied with the result , but there is a problem , after tuning even with a super rich AFR like 10-11 & retarded ignition timing , it would knock on high load condition eg.uphill / upshot on full throttle at high rpm ...

It need a thicker headgasket I bring down the compression ratio...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience