Hatch-Back Favourite Target for Thieves?

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
Is that true Satri GTI and EK hatch back models are HOT target for car thieves???

I find most of my frens who own this category of car always worry about where they park, tinted their glass black, hide their equipments and avoiding going to places like midvalley and 1U.

Couple of them even advise me not to get these car especially GTi.

wish9

Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
as i know, toyota is the hottest target for those Thieves--baka

wish9

Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
thx for the info ambaya
really helpful~!!!

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
No problem.

BTW, KIA is not in the list, and also I heard that either the car is hard to breakin to or the theives just dont want it.

Recommended vehicle :tee:

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
kia... :eek:
expensive parts? fuel consumption expensive? no 2nd hand value?

as explained by my fren, those stuffs in GTi can sell easily. external body parts, internal and engine.

same as EK.

i do notice a lot of GTis with their emblem missing and a few with noticeable rear lock been tempered with.

2 weeks ago my customer's wife waja kena target. the rear lock kena kopek. whole set changed immediately.

i feel so bad. we dont feel safe with everything we owned in malaysia. go to work, home kena break in. working time car kena steal. put money in bank kena rob. go TT can kena snatch thief.

Armed and dangerous VS. Innocent and vulnerable. As if we're waiting for our destiny to come.

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
Slipknot Fanatic said:
For those driving Satria GTI its better to get rid of the rear lock.

i seen 1 putra with the rear lock removed.

but the question is, the hole will make it easier to break in to the boot?

weld or somehow seal the hole???

is it advisable to remove the lock from both door also and use other way of to enter the car; eg. alarm lock or keyless entry?

blu3chip

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
PJ
im just curious about the 1U part which you mentioned. has there been cases of cars getting stolen from there? i know that this happens quite often in places like midvalley and pyramid but not sure about 1U. someone please verify! :)

hanjin

Known Member
Jun 21, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yup... Verified.... My SGTI got stolen from 1 Utama about 4 months back!

But i think now they have special parkign set up for HOT cars in shopping complexes in PJ. Plus 1 Utama unsafe because

1: Autopay <---.... anyone can get a ticket to get your car out.

2: No camera at entrance and exit

3: They use lousy ass 18 year old gaurds <-- they either ponteng kerja banyak and tak buat ronda or they sure got makan duit already.

4: Best solution <--- don't buy car or play car. Get company buy you company car so you can buy second car and park at home! <--- but then, there also not safe!!! :wink:

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
malaysia is not a safe country anymore....work hard, save some money, buy nice car, mods it, then got stolen..wtf......

p/s: using standard kancil also ppl wanna curi..aiyooooo...wanna use public transport also got conned (especially those mahai taxi drivers!!) and not reliable....izzit the world going to an end?..!!

blu3chip

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
PJ
whoa stolen gti from one utama? didn't know they had such problems as well.. at least im not driving a 'hot' car..

anyway, like i posted in the other thread, my friend just got hijacked off her car after being knocked from behind.. ah, what's this country coming to?

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=50128

DarkSin

Known Member
Sep 12, 2005
kl
blu3chip said:
whoa stolen gti from one utama? didn't know they had such problems as well.. at least im not driving a 'hot' car..

anyway, like i posted in the other thread, my friend just got hijacked off her car after being knocked from behind.. ah, what's this country coming to?

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=50128
1U is a hotspot for car theft. my fren always park on the front open parking or if indoor parking, will park near the escalator /stair entrance.

anyway i think car park management get too used with "we're not responsible for things that happened to your car".

Whenever i go inside car park, i always remember Canny Ong's case.

it is either a human or a car will be a victim, SOMEDAY. I start to think i need to pay for expensive open air parking / vallet. i guess this is how the parking management jerks make money? more secure? PAY MORE.